Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Silver Morning (D6, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 am 

(time changed from Late Morning to Early Afternoon)

The night had been a little uneasy, but not as haunting as the previous nightmare that had given her terrors. And as the morning went on, she found herself able to forget about it. Had it been about the woman with the slashed mouth from her nightmares as a child, or something else... she had a hard time remembering now.

Almost all the doors and windows in the Yomogiu had been opened to allow for a refreshing draft of air, and Utsusemi herself was outside the entryway as she finished up cleaning her brushes of ink and paint.

Thanks to the shopping with Bellena the day prior, she had at least something lighter to wear for casual attire now. The ensemble, made of light cotton, was an aesthetically pleasing blend of Rokugani and Merenaese, with a kimono-like jacket in pale green and silver over a deep sea-green Merenaese-styled skirt. The look was completed with a simple sash of golden yellow around her waist.

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Silver Morning (D6, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:59 am 

Anzai had heard where the Dragon-Doji had set up her abode. He had spent some time that morning copying an
old Scorpion tale, making sure his penmanship was to her standards. It probably wasn't, but he felt good about his attempt. The scroll carefully rolled up, he was dressed in his new Gaijin clothes. He actually enjoyed the cut of the black material, and the way the outfit looked on him. His hair tied back with a crimson strip of silk.

His eyes took in the entrance to the manor, beginning the approach to the main entryway. The new shoes clicking along the walkway up, a small smile on his face as he approached the Dragon-healer, seeing her outside.

"Ohaiyo gozaimasu, Agasha-sama. I hope I am not disturbing you this morning."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 am 

Utsusemi looked up as she heard the familiar voice, and was a little surprised at how... native... Anzai had gone since she last saw him. Not that she hadn't purchased a few items in the local style herself, as her current outfit was a blend of both cultures, but she had not gone so far as to wear... boots.

"Shosuro-san, ohayo gozaimasu," she rose with ease and bowed. "An unexpected surprise... and I see you have taken a liking to the Merenaese fashion too."

She absently dried her hands on a piece of cloth as she regarded him with a curious glance.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:18 am 

He bowed deeply to her, his movements certainly far more fluid than they had been the previous few days. He was beginning to feel himself again. Standing up slowly, he extended the scroll, wrapped in it's protective cover, to her. "A house warming present. It isn't much, but I thought you might appreciate it." His maskless face taking her in, eyes looking over her form. She had taken to the Merenaese fashion. Or did the fashion take to her?

He hadn't decided yet. A small smile, warmth exuding from his features. "I thought it best, as it would make my hosts more comfortable. I don't think the estate manager of the Floral Estates was prepared with any kimonos. My good ones were ruined in the storm."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:22 am 

"Oh, you shouldn't have," she started, smiling as she easily slipped into the gift-giving game. "I have not prepared any house warming presents yet for you, I could not possibly accept."

Much to her annoyance, she did let her gaze wander a little bit over him, but never too much that it was indecent.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 am 

"Please, it would be an honor for someone of your tastes to even consider having this humble bit of calligraphy in their home." The little game was all too easy, and somewhat enjoyable for the Scorpion. He extended the gift towards her again, as his eyes fell to hers. Those little flecks of blue-in-hazel caught in the morning light.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 am 

For both of them, it was an easy game, considering their training and careers in the courts. But it was an enjoyable bit of culture from home that was missing in this place.

"Shosuro-san holds me in such high regard," Utsusemi nodded her head slightly, "I feel it would be improper to accept it, when such a fine work could perhaps be gifted to his host at the Floral Estates instead, seeing as the lady Governor is much more deserving of such an honour than I."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 am 

"Agasha-sama, I have gifted her something that remained from my voyage. You deserve something that reflects from my home, to yours. Especially because words are your kingdom. It is the best I can offer." He bowed again, extending the gift forwards for the third offering. "It would bring me great joy to see you receive it." His voice was steady, cool as the morning breeze. A slight hint of something more in his words, but nothing too improper for the occasion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:46 am 

"You flatter me, Shosuro-san," she said with a humble smile, perfectly poised like the born Doji she was as she held out her hands to accept the gift. "Thank you. It will recieve a place of honour in this temporary home. Would you like to come inside for tea perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 am 

"I would enjoy that." He smiled to her, handing the scroll to her. He would follow her lead into the manor. Of course, he would remove the boots before entering her home. While they were quite suited for outdoors, that's about all they were suited for.

He had not gone mad. Merely practical.

"How have you been? I imagine still quite busy?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:59 am 

"Busy, yes, but it feels like I am finding my equilibrium now that most of the chaos from the storm has settled," she replied, leading him to the common room that she and Kenzo had finished preparing the day before. It had that pleasant Rokugani simplicity, with elegant landscape paintings that did not distract the viewer too much, but rather just made for a pleasant scenery. The scented air of incense lingered in the manor, giving a nostalgic vibe of a Rokugani home.

Guess even a Doji wife could turn a temporary abode on this island into something nice and presentable in such a short amount of time.

"I have some chilled barley tea if that is suitable?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:09 am 

"It is more than agreeable, Agasha-sama." He spoke quietly, respectfully of her home. Well, Dragon home. He took in the pleasant paintings of the scenery, the scent of incense. It reminded him of home. Reminded him that he needed to pick up scarlet lanterns for his own room at the Floral Estates.

To truly bring a bit of sting to Kameyama Jima Island.

"Yes... it has settled." There was sadness to his voice. Two days. Two days since the storm. Since they arrived. And no sign. No word. The search parties had begun to stop going out. Rumor was that they were beginning to finalize being lost at sea.

He stopped himself from thinking too much on it. "I'm glad that you are finding your center here, Agasha-sama. You almost seem like the balancing point of the whole of the corps. I don't think we would be as successful as we are without you here."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 am 

At least it was good she had made the barley tea earlier in the day and left it in the common room before she and Kenzo went their separate ways that morning. And with the foresight that people might be stopping by, clean cups were already present.

"I'm not sure I would put it that way myself, but... thank you. I do what I can," she smiled a little easier than she had the previous days. "... And you? How are you faring, Shosuro-san?"

Utsusemi glanced at Anzai as she poured for him first.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:23 am 

Should he lie? Should he burden her with his thoughts? Was it worth breaking his On to open himself up? She was tender, she was kind. She was beautiful. But she wasn't her. She never could be. The only thought that stopped him was the Ki-rin he had met. No, now wasn't the time.

"I am doing as well as can be expected. Rest has been good for me, though I've been busy setting my own home. As well as meeting La Gobernadora." He pushed down that feeling of dread, of despair. Not wanting to allow himself to dwell on it. "Thank you. It smells wonderful." He took the cup in hand, while watching her pour for herself after.

"... They haven't found her."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am 

Even when pouring something so simple, she still seemed to have an effortless grace to her form that made even such simple gestures pleasant to watch.

Her expression fell at Anzai's last words, a melancholy that pushed aside the peaceful disposition she had shown before.

"... I'm so sorry, Shosuro-san... I had thought she might've been found," she lowered her gaze, "have there been any word on our priests performing some sort of service... for the spirits of Kakita-san and the others?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 am 

"I have not heard." His voice was quieter, just holding the cup between his hands. His gaze focusing on the liquid, the way it rippled with the slightest movements. "I'm sure they will. It's only right." Why was it so easy to confess his sadness. It was not how samurai were to be.

He had loved her. Had expressed as much to Odorihime during their interview before the voyage. And the sea, cruel and capricious, took her from him.

The indifference of the waters. It was awe-inspiring in it's mysteries, and so powerful that no human endeavor could matter when the sea was driven by storms.

"I should busy myself in my work. It wouldn't do to dwell on it."

Post subject: Re: Silver Morning (D6, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:13 pm 

Utsusemi offered a sympathetic look. "It's alright, Shosuro-san." Second day in a row I have a Scorpion crying in my house... guess that is what they need here, so far away from home, with atll that has happened.

"My home is a place where you, and the other samurai of our fleet, can come and speak of your concerns and worries after all that has happened. If you feel you cannot grieve or show your sorrow anywhere else, at least know that you may do so here without any consequences," she spoke in a calm, soothing tone.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm 

"Thank you, Agasha-sama." He bowed his head. Breathing in deeply, he allowed himself a moment to reflect. Quietly drinking from the tea, his eyes closed. He managed to maintain his On, yet the somber tone took over everything. "Were you in my position, what would you do? To have to know that when we return home, I will have to explain to her family what happened. To mine." He opened his eyes, looking to her face once more.

There were no tears. But the pools of sadness truly were deep waters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm 

"It is not your fault what happened, Shosuro-san. You mustn't blame yourself for what happened," she said somewhat firmly, at first. The sea had taken many that day, and there was only so much one could do against the forces of nature.

"What I'd do..." Utsusemi sighed a little, trying to imagine herself in a similar situation. "I would express my deepest condolances to her family, and maintain the bond with her family as a friend of them, be their support in the grief of their child." There were a few other things too she considered, but Anzai seemed to be taking the loss hard, and she did not want to bring up the subject of a new match.

"But first I would allow myself time to grieve. It is easier to move on when we have had time to process loss and sorrow."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 pm 

"Yes, that is the best course of action." He nodded. How to best grieve? How does one handle the thought that the future they had set for themselves had been dashed upon the rocks? To feel something so full suddenly so empty. A yearning he kept trying to push aside.

He didn't enjoy wallowing in self pity. He reasonably knew he had done everything he could. He had made it a point to try and save as many as he could, no matter what happened to him. He just hadn't been fast enough.

"You're wise, Agasha-sama. It is obvious why Miya-sama chose you as a chaperone for the voyage."

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next