Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 6 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Morgenstemning (D7, EM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am 

"You have not disappointed me yet," Utsusemi murmured softly, her eyes meeting his.

Thinking of being the first to see him in his new attire reminded her of the Merenaese gown she had bought... yes, she really wanted to surprise Kenzo with that particular dress. It was really beautiful, and she hoped there would at least be one chance for a formal event to wear it... but seeing Kenzo's reaction to it was something she hoped for. Maybe something to ask Bellena about later that day.

"She certainly fits the role as the clever guide for the protagonist, I'd say," she smirked. "So I am curious as to what other kinds of advise she might give you."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:48 am 

Kenzo smiled as their eyes met. Now that he had spoken aloud his love, it seemed even louder.

"Hmmm..." Kenzo said, tapping his chin thoughtfully with one finger. "Well, what advice has she given me so far? She told me to carefully consider the repercussions of my actions. We were certainly in agreement there." His lips pressed together. "And knowing what we know now, we can see why she would emphasize that so. Hmm."

He sighed thoughtfully. "She told me to follow my heart and that travelling across the sea, a person can realize what's really important." He cast Utsu a look, smiling. "That, too, was very good advice. Very good advice indeed."

"What else..." Kenzo suddenly flushed. Just remember... save the stiffness for after the dance. Kenzo cleared his throat. "I'm sure whatever advice she gives in the future," He said, still blushing, "-I shall have no trouble understanding it. She's rather, ah, straightforward, isn't she?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 am 

Utsusemi watched the sudden flush of colour that overcame Kenzo with great interest. It wasn't that often he seemed so bashful about something. Bellena must've said something quite interesting. Her lips curled into a clever smile.

"Verily so," she nodded, still watching Kenzo with an inquisitive smirk. "A rather refreshing personality, and a good woman. I enjoy the honesty and world-experience she brings to our conversations."

There was a friendly fondness for Bellena in her voice as she spoke. "If it were not so difficult in the Empire for someone who has such foreign features, I would have loved for her to visit home. The children would have loved her, I'm sure."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 am 

The inquisitive, knowing smirk Utsu gave him only made Kenzo blush more. He knew she was perceptive enough to easily spot it, and yet, there didn't seem to be anything else he could do. Despite the intimacies they'd shared, he couldn't repeat that to her. "Yes, indeed." Kenzo said, clearing his throat, tilting his chin up in proud defiance of his flushed cheeks. "Honesty and world-experience. Her advice has always been good, to be sure." Indeed, the lingering excitement from the dance had made him especially vigorous later, or so he felt...

His embarrassment finally faded at the change of subject. "Yes... yes." Kenzo nodded. "I think they very much would like her. It is a good match; they are eager to learn, and she is eager to teach." He smiled fondly. "I think her ways would work well for both of them, in their own way. Yoshi would have an easy time talking to her, and I think she could draw Tsuchan out."

Kenzo looked at Utsu questioningly. "Does she plan not to return to Rokugan, then? Things are changing. Perhaps she wouldn't be so unusual, as a guest."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 am 

A flushed Kenzo was rather endearing to watch, but Utsusemi decided to reserve that subject as something to tease him about later.

At least she was gracious enough to give him an escape with a change of subject. "Mhm, I think so too, yes." It wasn't that her daughter was shy, as such, but rather wasn't very talkative by nature. A little like Sanjuro, in that regard.

"I don't know, to be honest, but I am planning on asking her... with the way things are, I don't know how it will be for her to return to the Empire. I do not think it would be easy for her to return if prince Hohiro succeeds the Emperor, considering his conservative stance." Utsusemi's smile faded, and she distracted herself by reaching for her teacup. Its contents had sadly turned lukewarm now.

"You remember the Merenaese that came with us on the journey here?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 am 

"Oh. Yes." Kenzo frowned as well. "Yes, I suppose so." No good paths forward... As usual, his melancholy lasted only a moment. "Ah, but well! Who knows what the future will bring?" Smiling, he reached for his own teacup, sipping the lukewarm liquid cheerfully.

His eyebrows went up at the question. "I do. Yes?" He looked at her, smilingly inquisitive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 am 

Utsusemi looked down into her teacup, swirling around its dark liquid.

"Did you also know then that they had been held against their will in the Empire, forced to work under penalty of death? Berena told me of this while we were at sea. She had been told that once our fleet left the mainland, it was a high possibility that they and their families would be in danger - having outlived their usefulness to the Imperials once the ships had been finished." She frowned, ashamed at how her beloved Empire, and scions of the noble Imperial families, had treated these people.

"Berena managed to get as many of them on the ships as possible, and they are now safe on the island."

But what of those who did not make it onto the ships...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 am 

There was no hiding the flash of disgust and horror that flashed across Kenzo's features. "In danger? Both them and their families?" He shook his head, falling silent for a few moments, his lips pressed together.

"I don't see what purpose such cruelty serves." Kenzo said suddenly, his voice firm. "It is certainly not part of Bushido, which says that a samurai should have compassion. And I don't claim to know all of gaijin philosophy, but how does it serve the idea of progress, either?"

Kenzo sighed, finally managing a smile. "It's good, I suppose, that they are safe. I just..." He shook his head. "Is there anything we can do?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 am 

"I do not see it either. Such actions is not in line with how I was raised, or how I believe Bushido should guide our actions." She frowned as she sipped the lukewarm tea. "I know that foreigners are not considered to have a place in the Celestial Order, but... that doesn't make it right." Her distaste with the matter was appearant too, though not as visible as Kenzo's. Perhaps her stoic grace was her way of coping with such news.

That Kenzo so easily could try to see the positive in things at least brightened her own disposition a little, even as she envied that part about him. "Hard to tell... maybe see if we can help out where they are staying? I think Berena said they would be at the temple to Kharsis. I haven't been there yet myself..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 am 

"Hmmm." Kenzo's eyebrows went up, interested. "Perhaps so. I'm not entirely sure what could be done or said..." He shrugged. "Still, I can't help but feel a little responsibility at their ill-use. Something to... make it right, to borrow your words, or at least as best as can be done."

He gave her a little smile as he swirled around his cup. "Well, if you'd like to go there sometime, I'll certainly put myself at your disposal." His lips twisted. "Our list of things we intend to do is becoming rather long. It's a good thing we're going to be here for a while." His smile grew fond as he looked at her.

Craning his neck, Kenzo peered at Utsu's cup. "Shall I heat more water for you?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 am 

"It does seem like we have much we need to do, yes," Utsusemi chuckled breathily. "Though you might want to work on your Merenaese, seeing as it is the most common language on the island."

Looking down at her cup once more for a brief moment, she shrugged and emptied its contents. "It is fine... another pot of tea, and I'll be stuck here even longer, I imagine," she smiled a little. "Guess this is a natural sign that it might be time to get ready for the day."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 am 

"Perhaps I should." Kenzo said ruefully. "I should have done what you did, and learned it on the voyage. But I spent so much time watching the dolphins..." He gave her a smile. "Do you think you know it well enough to teach it? That thought rather appeals."

He sighed, although his smile didn't fade. "That is a natural sign, isn't it? I've always thought so." His lips twisted. "As a man of reason, I suppose I should have recognized that not drinking my tea wouldn't make the time pass any slower." Mirroring her gesture, Kenzo tossed back the rest of his tea, setting the cup down on the table before giving her a smile. "Although I was willing to give it a try, nevertheless."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 am 

"I could try? There is still much I am learning too, but between me and Berena, we can probably bring you up to speed together," she smiled a little. Utsusemi wasn't yet quite so confident with the language that she thought she could teach it easily.

"Hm," she chuckled once more. "If only time passed slower because we weren't drinking our tea fast enough... that would be something. But this has been a very nice way to start the day, Kenzo. Thank you."

Her cup was placed down next to his.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:31 am 

Kenzo laughed at that, his face lighting up. He leaned forward, taking Utsu's hand. "Utsusemi, really, I should be thanking you. You made breakfast. You heated water for my bath. You made tea." He grinned. "You even combed my hair, and seem to have gotten it to stay, which is some sort of miracle."

His expression grew more serious, although his eyes were still alight. "Of course, I suppose the thing I'm most grateful for..." He leaned closer still, his eyes on hers, "-was that when I told you I loved you, you told me that you loved me."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 am 

Utsusemi's slender fingers, now fine and soft again after having recovered from the voyage, interlaced with Kenzo's as he held her hand.

"Kenzo," she smiled, squeezing his hand. "When I look at you, I see the love we confessed more clearly than I feel our words ever could. How you smile when you look at me, all the kindness and generosity you give to me, giving all of yourself. I... I can only hope you feel the same way, when you look at me, that my feelings are more than just the words."

Her smile grew fonder as she studied his features. "I just need to thank you, for being here, and helping me love myself too. When you are here with me, I feel at ease... I do not question myself so much, as you give me strength."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 am 

Just as before, Kenzo's lips parted, his brown eyes widening in wonder. "Utsusemi..." He said softly. "I do. I do." His hand squeezed hers in return. "You have an amazing way with words, but yes, when I look in your eyes, or when you touch me... we may have just said those words for the first time today, but I think you were already telling me in so many little ways."

As she continued to spoke, his brown eyes flashed understanding. "Oh." He said softly. "I think I understand." The look he gave her was strangely thankful, almost relieved. Maybe I didn't need to save her. I just needed to give her the strength to save herself. "I'm very glad, Utsusemi."

His eyes closed as he leaned forward, finding his lips with hers unerringly, tenderly kissing her once more. "Until later. My love." He said, grinning as they parted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm 

Utsusemi didn't quite understand the reason why Kenzo seemed so relieved and thankful, but she had little time to think about it as he graced her with another kiss, followed by that rogueish smile of his.

"Be safe, my love," she smiled fondly in return, her eyes lingering on his form as they parted. "Until later."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:01 pm 

Still giving her his roguish smile, Kenzo rose agilely to his feet, offering her a hand up. There were a few last things he had to do to get ready, and it was likely that he had a long day ahead of him.

Beginning like this, though, Kenzo knew he would remember it as a good one.

/scene!

Page 6 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6