Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Morgenstemning (D7, EM)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 pm 

"Any gift you give me I will always treasure, Kenzo," Utsusemi replied, her voice warm and comforting, perhaps because she sensed his nervousness.

There was a small giddy feeling of curiousity as she turned the gift in her hands and carefully removed the ribbon, before opening the gift...

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 pm 

Kenzo watched, his heart in his eyes. In between the waxed paper was a painting of a swan.

While Kenzo was not Utsu's equal in painting, he had managed to perform quite well on this piece. It was also clear that, unlike how he usually worked, he did not use a live model this time. Elements from his style could be seen, especially in the details of the feathers, but Utsu would doubtless be able to recognize that where that was insufficient, he drew inspiration from her style.

Last edited by Mirumoto Kenzo on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:01 am 

Utsusemi's eyes widened, first in surprise at how beautiful it was. Then at how it must have been with him during the voyage across the sea and thus survived the weather and the storm."Kenzo..." her voice was soft, almost fragile, and she covered her mouth for a few moments as she looked at it in silence.

"It's beautiful. I... didn't know you were this talented," lifting her eyes from the painting, she reached out a hand to him. "Thank you."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 am 

Kenzo grinned, thrilled by her reaction. "Oh, thank goodness." He said. Eagerly, he took her hand into one of his, squeezing it. "It's the first time I'd done something like that. I certainly thought I was doing well, but I lacked anything to compare it to. I was worried that you'd find it 'derivative' or 'obvious' or something like that."

Indeed, her obvious enjoyment, as well as her touch, seemed to have thoroughly dispelled Kenzo's nervousness. He grinned at her, even as his thumb began to rub against her hand, the gesture growing more familiar. "I did the bulk of the work back in Dragon's Guard. But I made little additional touches during the voyage." His lips quirked. "Only when you weren't looking, of course. I wanted to surprise you."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 am 

"Well, you certainly have the talent to impress and surprise," she breathed a warm chuckle. "I didn't know you had become so talented without me noticing. I..." Utsusemi looked back at the painting, thinking of their exchange about birds - and her comment on swans.

"You'll have to forgive me if I want it up on the wall. Seeing this when I step into this home would make me very happy."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 am 

Kenzo grinned again. "Well, as we've established, you are an excellent judge, Utsu. If you think it should go up on the wall, I can only support that."

The grin faded a little, his expression growing more serious. "But, I'd been thinking about our conversation about the swan. And the fan, which is only for us." He looked down at the painting. "Looking at this painting, an observer can't tell how fast the water is moving, or see the swan working. Only the swan knows."

He looked up, his eyes meeting hers. "But, it seems to me, that since I painted it, I would know, too." His voice became lower as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I thought that might mean something to you. Even if no one else recognizes the efforts you take, I thought maybe you could look at that, and remember that I do."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 am 

Her smile faded a little too, but her feelings for him did not, as could be seen in the warmth of her hazel eyes. "Kenzo," she murmured, squeezing his hand in return. He knew, more than many others did, but there were still some things she just could not tell him. Not yet. Maybe sometime, but not yet... the risk of what he might think of her made her fear what would happen with the bond they had made.

"... Did you know, they say that when swans choose a mate, they choose one for life," her eyes lowered to admire the painting more. "I was not as lucky as a swan in that I could make a choice, but... perhaps the Heavens can be kind and merciful after all, as they led your path to mine. Even if it might only be brief, and we might never have the chance for moments like these when we return home."

Looking back up again to Kenzo, there were tears of happiness forming in the corner of her eyes. "But even then, I would be happy with the few moments granted to us, rather than to never have met you at all."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 am 

Kenzo listened silently to Utsu's words. His lips parted, his eyes growing wide as she spoke, as she squeezed his hand. The tears in her eyes, so clearly tears of happiness, made his breath catch.

"Utsusemi..." He whispered. Gently, he reached out, taking the painting, and setting it on the small table. He leaned closer, then, taking her other hand in his, squeezing both as he leaned closer. "I... " He smiled. "You do certainly have a way with words. I find myself quite touched." His voice had grown rough with emotion.

"Well, I don't think I can match your words, so perhaps I shall speak simply." His own deep brown eyes were wide as they met her hazel. "Poets have often placed great importance on saying these words to someone. When I was younger, I didn't quite understand it, but..." He smiled. "Lately, I've come to have a great respect for what poets say."

He swallowed. "I love you, Utsusemi."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 am 

They were such simple words, but with so much weight and importance to them. They were words she had dreamed of hearing someday since she was young, perhaps it was when she had first heard the tale of Kakita and Doji.

"I love you, Kenzo," she whispered the words at first, her hands holding firmly onto his. Unable to contain the feelings of joy, she let her tears roll down her cheeks as she looked into his eyes. "I love you, Kenzo."

Her kiss was sudden, but it compared to the previous night, it was almost innocent and pure in its tenderness as they had now spoken the words of love to eachother.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 am 

Kenzo hadn't had any doubt in his mind that Utsusemi felt the same way as he did. But that didn't mean that hearing it brought him any less joy. Indeed, he was unprepared for the powerful surge of emotion, the sudden rush of feeling for the woman he loved, and who loved him back.

Her kiss was sudden, but Kenzo had already been moving. They met in the middle, their lips pressing together. Kenzo's hands left hers as his arms gently enfolded her.

Kenzo could feel the dampness of her tears on his cheeks. Or were they his tears? Was he laughing or crying? It didn't matter. He was holding Utsusemi, sharing this perfect kiss with her, a pure celebration of their love. Neither laughter or tears seemed sufficient to express how happy he was at that moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 am 

Utsusemi embraced Kenzo as well, breathing in the fresh scent of him as they held eachother in their arms. Her makeup would need to be retouched before she left the house this morning, but right now she did not care about that at all.

Even as their lips parted, she hugged him close in silence.

"How I wish I could be like the bird you first spoke of, the hawk that glides on the wind effortlessly," she murmured into his shoulder, "but I think a bird like that suits you much more than me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 am 

Kenzo kept his arms around her as their lips parted. They fit together rather nicely, he thought, her head against his chest. He inhaled, taking in the scent of her hair. His own scent was the same as before, a pleasant masculine spice, fresher now that he was clean.

He laughed softly, one hand gently stroking her back, simply enjoying the touch of her. "I suppose I am rather like that, aren't I?" He gave the slightest of shrugs. "We are who we are. I don't know if I can wish a change for either of us, because I wouldn't want to risk losing this moment." He was so glad to see her happy, though...

He chuckled. "But remember that night, I asked if the two birds could be reconciled to one another? I never imagined the question would be answered so well."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 am 

Her hair had the same scent as her; the ever-lingering aroma of tea, mixed with the incense she used - fragrant agarwood with a hint of jasmine.

"Hm, I suppose that has answered your question, yes," Utsusemi chuckled as well. "We cannot change the world, or our lives, but we can enjoy what happiness we can find."

But was she truly happy? Perhaps? She did feel happy, in this moment, and time away from her husband had been for the better for her state of mind, despite the nights where he still haunted her like a shadow. Maybe it was possible that the Heavens were kind.

"You are my hero, after all," her hand rested over his heart, feeling his heartbeat as she leaned against his chest. "With you these past weeks, I feel like I've found myself, that I've become stronger, more confident."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:33 am 

Kenzo's eyes, which had closed, opened as she spoke. "Yes. We certainly can." Perhaps she would hear the hint of determination in his voice. Kenzo had always been good at choosing his own path, after all.

His eyes closed again as Utsu rested her hand on his chest. His heartbeat was steady and strong, his chest warm even through his kimono. "I think I've noticed, actually. You've seemed more... I'm not sure." His voice was still soft, in his chest, his face still in her lovely white hair. "Comfortable with yourself?" She would be able to feel his lips curl up. "Whatever it is, I have very much enjoyed seeing it."

He tilted his head, bringing his face so that he could see hers. "And you say I was a part of that?" His smile was warm, almost amazed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm 

That determination was something else she admired about him, something she wished she too would have, but perhaps now she would be able to draw upon that strength of his...

Her head lifted to look up at him. She gave a gentle nod, which could be felt against his chest. "Yes. Without you, I don't think I could have..." her voice remained quiet and soft. "... It is hard to love oneself when it feels like no one else does, if that makes sense."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm 

"Oh." Kenzo said softly. His eyes were understanding, even if words seemed insufficient. After a few moments, he leaned forward to gently kiss her. Parting, he smiled. "Well then. Never doubt that this one loves you, Utsusemi. Never."

He settled his face in her hair once more, adopting their previous pose. "Mmmm." He murmured happily. "But I do very much like this change in you. Or really, it's not a change. I've always seen those things in you. Perhaps you just needed the chance to show them." He chuckled softly. "And the proper catalyst; I suppose that would beme."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm 

"Mm, that does sound right," she chuckled, burying her face in his chest as she let her senses take in all of him. "Being with you is just so... simple, despite our situation."

Her hands clutched the fabric of his kimono a little tighter in their grip. "And never doubt that I love you, Kenzo. Even when we must return home."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm 

Kenzo blinked. The word 'simple' was a bit of a surprise; not that he objected to it as a positive term. Rather, not knowing just how complicated Utsusemi's situation was, he didn't understand the significance of it.

Besides, it was forgotten a moment later, at the feeling of her hands tightening in his kimono, in hearing those sweet words again. "I won't." Kenzo whispered fiercely, another sudden wave of emotion washing over him. "I won't." He said again.

Sighing, he kissed the top of her head. "Besides... home is a curious concept. I don't think where I grew up can be called my home anymore, with my mother gone. I wander so much, I scarcely have a place besides. You've told me I'm welcome in your home..." He smiled. "And right now, this is my home, here with you."

He took a deep breath, savoring her. "Or perhaps it's not a place at all. Perhaps it's people, or a person. You are my home, Utsusemi."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm 

"Perhaps," she agreed with a soft tone, closing her eyes as she let herself experience this incredibly rare feeling of contentment. "But my home, regardless of where it is, will always be a home for you too, you know... the children adore you, as do I." And children were excellent judges of character, right?

At least for now, there was a pleasant silence between them, with only their breathing and their closeness speaking for them.

"Mmm," Utsusemi's sigh was warm against some of the exposed skin of his chest. "I wish we could just stay like this forever... but I think people would wonder what happened to us."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm 

"Thank you, Utsusemi." Kenzo whispered. For a time, he was content to just hold her, the shared touch and the shared emotion more special than any words.

He laughed at her joke. His arms loosened a little, but remained around her, not quite willing to let go. "I was just having much the same thought." He said, his tone showing his slightly giddy amusement. "I would rather like to stay like this forever. But alas, yes, doubtless sooner or later someone would need us for something." His lips quirked. "Perhaps Berena would check on us. She would probably just laugh, and then settle in the corner with a book or something."

Page 2 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next