Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Morgenstemning (D7, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 am 

"Mm, thank you," Utsusemi turned her head slightly to look at him over her shoulder, smiling as their eyes met. Like Kenzo had noticed, the hair was already combed from when she had cleaned it, but for Utsusemi it was still a pleasant experience to have him brush her hair.

"First, I have to stop by the shrine by the docks... there was some talk about a bit of misunderstanding between the monks and the old folks that we saw there, so I will do what I can to smooth out that situation. After that, well, I need to speak with Berena, but that might just have to wait until evening, as she is probably busy too. So maybe we could go out for some exploring in the afternoon?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am 

"Oh, yes." Kenzo paused in his combing for just a moment. "I'd heard of some sort of unpleasantness down by the docks, but not much more than that. Do you know what's happening?" He frowned. "When Berena and I talked about placing the temple, she said that religion can be a sensitive subject around here."

He continued to comb, alternating between stroking her hair and actually combing it. True to his word, he was gentle. "Should I be there?" He asked. "I had been planning on visiting Ide Mohan-sama, but..." He chuckled. "-well, I am your yojimbo, after all. And I do take your safety very seriously."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 am 

"I heard some other samurai were staying nearby, and there are budoka with the monks," Utsusemi reassured him. "I would rather that you have the opportunity to thank Ide-san for his help, and ask if there is anything we can do in return for his aid. There probably won't be anything violent, I'm pretty sure."

She chuckled softly too. "Just don't get into trouble on the way, yes? I would be upset if something happened and I had to come rescue you... and you know I would."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:59 am 

Kenzo hesitated just a moment before nodding. "Well... perhaps find one of those nearby samurai, then? Although I'm sure you can handle it..." Concern for Utsu warred with his natural optimism; 'probably, I'm pretty sure' sounded uncertain enough to make him nervous.

"Would you?" Kenzo grinned. He couldn't help himself. One arm briefly encircled her waist, hugging her to him, as he kissed the back of her neck. "I saw the naginata. I believe you." He murmured. Indeed, the thought of Utsusemi, naginata in hand, bursting in through a door and smiting some bandit who held him captive... he kissed her neck again.

"Nevertheless." Kenzo cleared his throat, beginning to brush her hair again. "Perhaps we should both try to make rescue unnecessary. I'll be careful, I promise."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 am 

"Of course I would," Utsusemi murmured, her neck craning a little with pleasure in response to his kisses.

"But yes, let us make rescue attempts unnescessary. Besides, they're a group of old men who seem to do nothing better with their day than drinking, so I do not think they are much of a threat. I'm more concerned with others wanting to just cut them down, to be honest."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:53 am 

Kenzo grunted, grimacing in response to her words. "Yes. I didn't speak the language, but they seemed silly to me, not malicious. I usually work alone on my expeditions, or go only with those I trust, because too many others aren't careful enough with the habitats of the animals we observe." He shook his head. "The parallel is obvious.

As he spoke, he continued to comb her hair. He alternated between hand and comb, his hand stroking down her back as he ran it through her hair.

"Well, please do let me know how it went. And the meeting with Berena-sama." He said. "Especially that; it seems as though there is a great deal to discuss with her. Oh!" He paused a moment. "Perhaps tomorrow, you can take me to that place you told me about, with the civets? And try some of that... what did you say that pastry was called?" He asked innocently.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 am 

The feeling of his fingers down her back sent a pleasant shivver along her spine, and Utsusemi breathed deeply as she lost herself in the sensation.

"Hmmm? Oh... yes, that sounds like a good idea for tomorrow." Her mind was obviously distracted. "It was rather difficult to say. Baku-raba? It's in a language I don't know."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 am 

"Baku-ra-ba?" Kenzo sounded it out slowly, syllable by syllable. He grimaced. That would be a bit of a challenge. "Very well. Tomorrow, then."

Smiling, Kenzo set aside the comb. It was easy to sense Utsu's enjoyment of his touch. One hand after the other then, he stroked through her hair, fingers dancing along her back, instinctively finding those spots that she seemed to like most.

Kenzo sighed pleasantly. "Well, then. I should very much enjoy that. A whole new island, and I've scarcely seen any new animals at all." Chuckling, he shook his head. "Whatever Prince Jama's intentions, I won't let that deter me from finding whatever there is to find. Although I don't know if anything could equal the giraffe."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm 

Utsusemi let out a long sigh, almost like a purr...

"Hm, I don't think I have seen the giraffe, but I have heard much about it... it has a really long neck, I recall. But yes, er should take some time to see the animals here. Hopefully that is something we can do when we're doing these trips to find a location for the Temple?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm 

Kenzo smiled. Utsu's reactions, besides being rather appealing, also made him feel appreciated, wanted, in a way he never had before. He leaned forward, kissing her neck just behind her ear. "You're amazing, Utsusemi." He whispered.

He gave a surprised scoff as he resumed his task, such as it was. "You never saw the giraffe?" He asked, exaggeratedly incredulous. "Well, I'm taking you to the zoo the moment we return. In the meantime, my painting will have to do." On the other hand, he didn't want to stop what he was doing... Kenzo shrugged.

"About the temple..." Kenzo sighed. "Do you suppose Jama has a different motive for that as well? Or is it just the pretense? I'd heard strange things about when it was announced, but nothing clear."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

Utsusemi chuckled softly as he kissed her. "Perhaps I am, but you are still the hero of the two of us," she teased in return. "Who's going to save me from my giraffe-less life."

As he mentioned the temple, she looked over her shoulder at him. "Mmm... no, I don't think so. Rather, he couldn't have planned it, I think, but he was quick to seize upon the opportunity presented... I am not sure how it might serve an agenda, apart from..." she went silent as a thought came to her.

"... It could be used as a reason to initiate hostilities, if the other faiths here oppose it, but I don't have much to support that hypothesis."

Shifting her neck, the flower Kenzo had asked her about came into her line of sight, and it suddenly clicked into place. "Oh, I remember where I have seen that flower before now."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 pm 

Kenzo laughed softly at that. "It may be my most important act of heroism yet."

He listened, tilting his head to regard her as she spoke. "Oh." He said finally, grimacing. "That does sound rather plausible. And it certainly fits with what Berena said." He sighed. "I suppose we will just have to be very, very careful with the project. And of course, you're right; it's not good to reason in advance of your data, anyway."

Sliding forward Kenzo gently put his arms around Utsu's waist. "All done." He murmured. His touch gently encouraged her to lean back against him, if she so desired.

As she turned her head, his gaze followed hers, falling on the flower still on the table. "Oh?" He said, his tone inviting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm 

And lean back against him she did. It was still early in the morning, and they had time to relax a little before a busy day.

"Mm, it's called a mallow. I think they are imported from Yobanjin lands, but I'm not quite sure apart from that I do not think it grows normally in Rokugan. Though I have read texts and seen illustrations of it in Agasha writings... I've seen it applied as a cold medicine, or to treat ulcers. And it is quite safe to handle; can eat it too, actually - roots, leaves, and flower."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm 

Kenzo sighed pleasantly as Utsu settled against the warm solidness of his chest. He was more than happy to hold her as they had a relaxing morning conversation.

"Truly?" His eyebrows went up as he looked at the flower. "Fascinating. I thought I recognized some characteristics in common with medicinal plants. It's always more interesting to know exactly what the properties of a given specimen are." His lips twisted. "I didn't expect that you could eat them, though. They look pretty, but I wouldn't say they look appetizing."

He gave another pleasant sigh. "Matsu-sama said that he found a field of them. That might be something that could be done, just the two of us. Picking medicinal flowers. It sounds rather nice, actually." He grinned. "Just so long as you promise that our meals for the next few days don't become entirely mallow-based."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 pm 

"I will make no such promises," Utsusemi retorted with a chuckle. "Unless you want to take care of cooking."

She shifted around a little to snuggle up against him in the most comfortable position. "But that does sound nice... just us, the flowers, the nature around us. That would also make for a lovely painting. And maybe we'd see some birds, or cute little animals," she hummed thoughtfully. "I wonder if they have something like island-rabbits, or any of those red raccoons."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:03 pm 

Kenzo just laughed, something Utsu made him do rather often.

His arms settled gently around her. "That sounds perfect. I can think of little I would like more." He chuckled. "And I am glad you liked that picture. It's not just for your children that I try to bring back the cutest pictures." He sighed. "I hope I should be so lucky as to see one again."

"Hmm..." He murmured thoughtfully. "Perhaps I should do some research. See what there is to find. It can't all be bees and snakes." He chuckled. "I find all animals interesting, but I won't deny that I've had my limit of bees."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 pm 

Utsusemi chuckled warmly, not really thinking about birds and snakes right now.

"I should find something to bring home to them... just paintings and such doesn't really feel enough when we've crossed the sea all this way. If the journey was safer, if I felt this place was safer, I'd love for them to see it too someday, seeing as I can't bring all of this to them," she sighed wistfully. Not a day went by that she didn't think of them both, and prayed for their well-being.

She pressed those thoughts aside, knowing that it would only make her start on the spiral of worry, sadness, and regret. "What kind of research did you have in mind?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 am 

Kenzo, on the other hand, was thinking about birds, snakes, and any number of other creatures. But at least he was thinking about seeing them with Utsusemi, and she occupied at least as much headspace as they did. Truly, it must be love.

Always alert to Utsu's feeling, Kenzo had only become moreso since they'd become lovers. As he sensed the melancholy begin to creep up on her, his arms gave her a gentle squeeze. "We'll find something for them." He said, his voice soft. "And perhaps some day you will show them this island... the future can be a marvelous place." His lips pressed softly against her cheek for a moment.

"Ah! Well," Kenzo said, enthusiasm tempered by thoughtfulness. "For this sort of thing, it's generally best to find someone who's already done some exploring. I might try asking Genta, for instance. It seemed that he or his people often took trips into the wilderness. They may already know the best and safest place to find animals."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 am 

"Hm, that's not a bad idea," Utsusemi agreed with a soft murmur, appriciative of Kenzo's little gestures of comfort to keep her away from brooding thoughts. "I still have yet to meet this Genta. Maybe we should have conferred with him and his people if they make frequent treks into the wilderness here? For the temple, I mean."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 am 

"Would you like to?" Kenzo asked. "A longer conversation with him may be a good idea. I had only the briefest of conversations with him, since I had to rush off again." He sighed. "And I'll admit, fatigue was starting to get the better of me."

"But he seemed quite hospitable. Offered to let me and Miya Edogawa-sama spend the night. I believe Miya-sama took him up on the offer, in fact. I could perform the introductions."

He smiled ruefully. "I should have thought of it myself, earlier. That is what I usually do when exploring new territory. New to us, I mean." He brushed his cheek against her hair. "It's been rather an eventful few days. I suppose it just slipped my mind."

Page 4 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next