Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Morgenstemning (D7, EM)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:28 am 

"Considering he helped, yes, I think I would like to meet him," she said with a nod. "I should thank him too."

Her hands folded over his as she squeezed them lovingly. "Not as much as I still feel I need to thank you though... it was a long day for all of us, but you pushed on through. And then rose early in the morning to brave a new and unknown place for Sanjuro's sake. For my sake."

Utsusemi shifted her body, turning half-way to face him, but it was enough to look into Kenzo's eyes and reach to put her arms around him.

"But... there is one thing I also want to do in one of the coming days; spend at least half the day relaxing. Hopefully with you by my side. Just enjoying the weather, maybe look up at the clouds like we did when we were children and look for animal shapes in them."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 am 

Kenzo shifted as he felt Utsu's lithe form turn in his arms. He smiled as she came to face him, his eyes lighting up noticeably as they met hers. As always, he found himself almost lost in them, the tiny flecks of blue drawing his attention. As well as the emotion he could see in them, reflected back into his own soft brown eyes.

They lit up further as she spoke, his smile becoming a grin. "Utsusemi..." He said softly. He leaned forward, his lips gently finding hers, kissing her tenderly. As they parted, his lips curled up into a smile once more. "That sounds perfect."

His arms still around her, he chuckled softly. "It's funny. Our pasts have always seemed so different, even though they seem to have brought us together, here, now." He reached up, brushing his hand across her cheek. "But... what you just described, looking up at the sky... that really is something I did, too."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 am 

Utsusemi's lips, soft and stained with a gentle pink colour, gladly met his as they embraced to kiss once more. They pressed together gently as they parted, forming into a smile as well.

"Really? I'm glad to hear our childhoods weren't completely different," she chuckled and kissed his cheek. Cloud-watching was something she even did with her own children when the weather allowed it and both of the young ones wanted to do something as calm and quiet as that.

"Sometimes I liked to think I could see clouds that looked like castles, and when I did that, I would see parts of Tengoku where all the Kami and Fortunes lived in palaces made of clouds," there was some shyness to her confession, but also a delight over simpler times of childish fantasies.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 am 

"Mmm." Kenzo murmured as her lips pressed briefly against his cheek. "I wonder if that's something everyone does, or just some?" His smile became charmingly crooked. "Either way, next time I watch the clouds, I'll be thinking of you doing the same thing."

The smile he gave her at her confession was warm, fond, devoid of any judgement. "Castles, Kami, and Fortunes?" His eyes went distant as his imagination took hold of the idea. "I rather like that. Hmmm..." His lips twisted. "I mostly saw animals, naturally; no surprise there. I wonder why you saw the things you did..."

Still holding her, Kenzo closed his eyes, his voice dropping low for his own confession. "I sometimes imagined that the clouds were some far away land, and that I might go exploring there, sometime. I wasn't really clear on how. Just..." He shrugged. "I don't know. Just a feeling that I wanted to go there, wherever it was."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 am 

"Why I saw the things I did?" Utsusemi supressed a small laugh by leaning against his neck. "Oh, if only we could explain the imagination of a child... maybe I just day-dreamed of the tales I grew up with, or thought that maybe a handsome prince would come down from the heavens to take me away to his cloud-palace."

Though now that she was older, she probably would have reacted to a random man who claimed to be a prince who would take her to his cloud-palace with a very firm no.

"Hmm..." her head tilted back to look up at him. "Sounds like you are living that dream now, no? You are here in a far away land... you even found a princess, well, of sorts..." Utsusemi chuckled once more.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 am 

Kenzo chuckled at that. "Well, that's a good point." He kissed the top of her head. "I suppose it's no wonder that I thought so many clouds looked like goats. The goats near my childhood home were very shaggy, after all."

"Hmmm." Smiling, he tilted his head to look at her, once again marveling at her eyes. "I suppose I did. I didn't imagine traveling across the ocean as a child."

Once more, his hand came up to gently cup her cheek. "And I suppose you are." He said softly. "If there is an 'of sorts', it's only because I don't think the princesses I read about in pillow books could make me laugh nearly as often as you do." His hand stroked back past her cheek, down her neck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:00 pm 

"Hm, I'd dare say it is because you make her laugh first," Utsusemi smiled as her neck craned slightly in response to his touch.

"But I'm not certain if I would call you a prince..." she mused, humour shining in her eyes. "Princes are not usually as rogueish as you are. At least not the ones I heard stories about growing up."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

Kenzo's eyes glinted at the compliment.

"No, I suppose not." Kenzo sighed, shaking his head. "Besides, I don't have a cloud-palace. And what's a prince without one of those?" He rather wished he did have one, to whisk her away to...

He pushed the thought aside, giving her a charmingly crooked smile. "But there's room for more than princes in the stories I've read." He said, his tone playful. "Sometimes all the male protagonist has is his wits, his bravery and a good heart. And with those, he can win the love of the princess." He brightened. "And then sometimes, after that, he's awarded a cloud-palace for his deeds. So there's hope yet!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm 

"Mm, yes, I do remember such stories," Utsusemi smiled and leaned forward. Her forehead coming to rest against his as she pulled herself at equal height with him, arms over his shoulders. "There's even a fairly popular one about how this mortal man won the heart of the most beautiful goddess after overcoming a series of challenges she set for him." There was a light chuckle in her voice as she spoke of the story of Kakita and Doji.

Her lips against his were soft and gentle.

"Makes me wonder if I should present you with challenges like she did, but... it does seem a little superfluous at this point, no?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:20 pm 

Kenzo's eyes went half-lidded, his arms tightening around Utsu's waist as she pressed her forehead to his. "From princess to goddess? My goodness." But anticipation of her lips kept him from further jokes, silencing entirely as they joined.

"Mmmm..." Kenzo drew back slowly, his lips lingering on hers an extra moment. His eyes were bright as they met hers, and he laughed softly. "I suppose we are a little out of order, at that." He grinned, hands gently playfully gripping her waist. "But Utsu, you know I'm not the sort to say 'oh, well, mission accomplished, time to rest'. I promised you that I'd at least attempt the impossible, if that's what you need. That's more true now, not less."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:31 pm 

"Mission accomplished?" Utsusemi laughed softly. "That's not a very romantic thing to say..."

"... but I suppose I should acknowledge that the sentiment is more romantic, that you're not going to rest on your laurels, but continue to try harder?" Her eyes lowered to look at his lips, already missing their touch. "Then I promise to do the same, Kenzo. To not settle for just being as it is now, but to continue to improve and be worthy of you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:01 pm 

"I know!" Kenzo grinned. "Even more reason I'd never say that. I may not have your talent with words, but don't discount my rustic charm." He gave her a quick wink.

His expression softened at her words. "Utsusemi..." He said, his voice growing lower, rougher, as fresh emotion welled up in him. "I can't imagine you not being worthy of me. It still surprises me sometimes that you think I'm worthy of you..." His arms tightened around her once more as he gave her a smile. "But I think I'm rather glad that you try to improve yourself for me, just as I try to improve myself for you. It seems good, somehow."

Kenzo noticed her eyes, still on his lips. Well, who was he to deny her, when he wanted the same thing so much? He pressed forward again, kissing her more deeply than before, more firmly as his passion grew.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 pm 

Utsusemi had wanted to say why she felt the need to prove herself worthy. Not only for him, but to be worthier of herself, of her children... to be more than just the shadow of herself that she was when she had now found this light within that she so desperately sought. Perhaps then... she would be good enough for those who mattered to her.

However those words, and thoughts, were drowned out in the moment of passionate kisses, her arms drawing him closer in a warm embrace as her hands brushed over his now smooth hair. Feeling his passion rising, as well as her own, it was easy to get lost in the sensation for now.

But even if she wanted to stay like this all day, she had to acknowledge the reality of the day. "Kenzo," she murmured as she found a window of opportunity to speak. "... As much as I want this, I do not think I will be able to leave the house if we continue."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:12 pm 

A pause as Utsu spoke, and Kenzo gave the slightest of nods. "You're right." He whispered. Stealing one last kiss, his lips brushing ever so briefly against hers, he sat back just a little. He took a deep shuddering breath, his features lightly flushed, bringing his passion for her back under control.

Kenzo gave her a smile, crooked but warm. "You're right." He said again, more clearly than before. "And as much as I'd love to stay with you all day, we do both have duties to attend to." His smile grew. "Besides, your hair looks so lovely right now, and it seems that you've made mine behave. It would almost be a shame to muss them, now."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:24 pm 

A little unwilling, even if she had initiated the decision to stop for now, Utsusemi untangled her arms from around him and fell back into seiza next to him, where she had been sitting earlier. Her hands lingered a little on his form as her arms left him.

"Hm, yes," she chuckled, "it would almost be like smudging over calligraphy that is still wet, considering it's not often I've seen you with your hair so smooth before."

Her elbow propped on the table as she let her chin rest against the back of her hand, her eyes remaining on him. "Or have I now ruined your rough mountaineer style by taming it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 pm 

Likewise, it was with obvious reluctance that Kenzo slid away from Utsu. As they parted, his hand slid along her arm, brushing briefly against her fingers, as though to keep the contact with her as long as possible. He mirrored her pose, sitting comfortably in seiza.

He grinned at her, chuckling at her suggestion, admiring her profile as she leaned against the table. "In truth, I'm not entirely sure." Kenzo said. "We've spoken about my rustic charm before, and how my hair contributes to that. But perhaps this style works for me as well."

He sat up a little, straightening. "As always, I think I must defer to you, as judge." He tilted his chin up, spreading his arms, doing his best to display himself to best advantage. His freshly combed hair, dark and rich, spilled over his shoulder. "What do you think? Does it work?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 pm 

The posing was a little too much, and Utsusemi raised a hand to supress her laugh. "My... I just need to change your clothes to something more refined now, and you might pass as a Kakita with that posture."

She took a deep breath to keep herself from laughing. "Though, honestly, I think you look handsome either way. Scruffy-looking or well-groomed."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm 

Kenzo dropped the pose, giving her a mock-incredulous look. "Who's scruffy looking?" He said, his tone indignant. He couldn't hold it , though, breaking into laughter himself.

He shook his head, still chuckling. "Well. So long as you think me handsome, I won't dwell too much on the whys of it. Although..." He looked at her, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I remember you had some thoughts on clothes in the local style you thought might look good on me." His lips twisted. "Or would you rather I see what I can come up with? I'll bet I could surprise you. Pleasantly." He added prudently.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:30 am 

Her fingers curled under her lips as she chuckled at his response to being called scruffy.

"Mm... I do like surprises," Utsusemi mused with half-lidded eyes that seemed to be scrutinizing him. Maybe in a lewd way, even. "We can look for some tomorrow maybe as it seems we both want an opportunity to explore the more urban parts, but if you find something on your own, well... I am eagerly anticipating what you might come up with."

She shot him a playful smirk. "Berena could probably give you some pointers on men's fashion."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 am 

"Mmm." Kenzo murmured acknowledgement. Her scrutiny made him flush, pleased. He loved the more open, confident Utsu, and that she looked at him with desire... Kenzo returned her look, his eyes growing hot, intense. "In that case, Utsusemi..." He breathed. "I shall have to make certain not to disappoint."

He might have held the intense look longer, but her smirk and her comment made him snort laughter. "I'm sure she would." Kenzo said, still chuckling. "She already gave me some advice. And the dancing lesson. I suppose if you're the goddess-princess, and I'm the charming skillful mortal, she would be the spirit guide?" He shrugged, looking at Utsu, narrowing his eyes thoughtfully. "But I think perhaps, if I choose well, I'll want you to be the first to see me in my new clothing."

Page 5 of 6 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next