Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: [D7EN] Tall Tales
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 pm 

"I see." Kenzo said softly. He shifted a little, his chin resting on her head, inhaling the scent of her. "If there's anything I can do to ease your troubles..." He chuckled softly. "I am your hero, after all."

"You'd be devastated?" In a sudden surfeit of emotion, Kenzo kissed the top of Utsu's head. "Goodness, I love you." He sighed happily. "But yes. I would be rather distraught if I lost my notes. I didn't bring them all with me, but enough of them. Some of the best ones." He chuckled. "I did want to show you the red raccoon, after all.

He shrugged. "But it would be okay. I would lose a great deal, it's true. But it would provide me an excellent reason to take another expedition to Yobanjin lands." Indeed, the thought seemed to cheer him.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm 

"'Tis true, you are my hero," her voice conveyed her smile, "But... you can't fight all my battles for me. Though you have given me the courage to face some of them."

Her hair was more perfumed than usual, no doubt from her efforts of getting the mud and its smell out.

"You certainly have a talent for bouncing back from your losses." Utsusemi laughed at first, but a yawn soon interrupted it.

"Mmm... tell me about Yobanjin-lands," she yawned more, her face pressed against his chest. "... like a bedtime story?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:05 pm 

The yawn made Kenzo smile fondly. He shifted, letting her lean against him more comfortably.

"Very well." Kenzo said, letting his voice drop to a peaceful rumble. "Like a bedtime story. Hmm... where to begin." His chest rose and fell slowly as he considered.

"The first time I went there was in the late spring. Very late spring; even up in the mountains, you could feel it start to become warmer." His voice was soothing as he spoke, his hand gently stroking her hair. "But going into Yobanjin lands, it was like coming into spring again. It seemed so green, and full of life. Cherry blossoms were already on their way out in Rokugan, but they were just coming into bloom, there." He sighed, the pleasant memory mingling with the present.

He went on. "There was a great deal of rain. I spent a lot of time wet. And muddy." He chuckled softly, glancing at Utsu. "But I suppose that's part of why it seemed so full of life. So wild." He paused a moment, his eyes going distant as he remembered.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 am 

"I'll have to remember that you like the mud next time we go somewhere like that," Utsusemi murmured playfully, her breathy chuckle warm against Kenz's skin.

"But it does sound nice," she sighed happily, "Like a wild place with cherry blossoms?"

Her voice was steadily growing softer, and her breathing too was becoming deeper.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 am 

"Not as much as you like the mud." Kenzo said softly, grinning.

His voice dropped even lower, becoming a whisper. "Yes, it's just like that. I remember when I first went there. I passed through a village and went further north. There were some trails, but as I've told you, I like to find my own path." He took a slow breath. "The forests there are so thick, it was hard to believe."

He let his hand come to rest on her back, feeling her breathe in and out. "I didn't see much interesting the first day. And then night came, and I set up camp. I thought it would be cold and wet, but it wasn't really. I found a nice grove of trees to settle in. I felt warm, and cozy." He whispered soothingly. "Just before I fell asleep, a pair of owls came, and nested just above me. It almost felt as though they were watching out for me. I felt safe." Gently, so as not to disturb her, he kissed the top of her head.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 am 

The mud-comment earned him a half-hearted poke in the ribs, but she was too comfortable with her current position to move more than that.

"Mmm... owls, huh?" she could already imagine what it must have looked like, as her mind was starting to drag her to the realm of dreams. They were probably the kind of owls with a framed face, and the light-brown to white feathers. She liked how those looked. And they probably hooted softly. "... I like owls," Utsusemi murmured in a dream-like daze, her breath evening out into a steady pace.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 am 

The poke won a soft chuckle for Utsu, as he did his best to avoid disturbing her.

"Yes." He breathed. "They were..." He glanced down, smiling lovingly at her as she seemed to drift off to sleep.

One more time, he gently kissed her head. "Sleep well, Utsusemi." He settled back, his eyes closing. He would watch over her until the sounds of her breathing soothed him to sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 am 

"Sweet dreams, Kenzo," she managed to reply as she exhaled.

It was a nice way to end a long day. Falling asleep nestled against eachother like this. Kenzo's presence made her feel safe and protected, and it made Utsusemi feel that she wanted to protect him too somehow. It was the last thing she was thinking of when she fell asleep.

Such a shame that their slumber would later be disturbed by a messenger from Zabieru.

/scene

Theme #5Profile

Page 5 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5