Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D7EN] Tall Tales
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 am 

Kenzo grinned, cheered to see Utsu's spirits lifting. "You certainly would have. I'd just finished my gempukku, and you were this beautiful amazing young woman. I don't think I could have mustered the wit to say any of this back then." Indeed, he'd had to grow to find her love; curious thought that there was never a time this could have worked perfectly.

He sighed happily as Utsu pressed her forehead against his, his hand sliding down through her hair to her back. There was something about the gesture that made him feel warm, loved.

He chuckled softly. "In truth, I meant the Dragon as a whole. But... in a clan where everyone is encouraged to find their own path, I think I really took that to heart. My sensei was generally bemused by it, but I think I was the despair of some of my teachers in College." He chuckled again, shaking his head softly. "I suppose it was all the time I spent alone... or just me and mother..." He sighed.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:15 am 

"Now I almost regret not having made the attempt then, just to see your reaction," Utsusemi smiled as their noses touched against eachother. While she loved the feeling of his lips against hers, the more cutesy gestures did give her little glimpses of happiness.

"Hm..." Her warm wrapped around his athletic form, offering him comfort in return like he had done for her. "... You rarely speak of your father?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 am 

Kenzo, too, chuckled softly, giving his head a tiny shake to brush their noses together. It was the little gestures, the small intimacies, that seemed to matter almost as much as the large ones.

He sighed happily as Utsu put an arm around him, enjoying her warmth, the wonderful softness of her against him. The comfort was enough that her words only made him give a faintly regretful sigh at her words. Gently, he shook his head. "There's really nothing to say. He was a Mirumoto, like my mother. But he died in an accident when I was very young. I don't remember him at all. Sometimes I think I can..." He trailed off, shaking his head again.

Unconsciously, his hand tightened on her back, seeking mutual comfort. "I asked her about him a few times. She said he was brave, and that... that I was his joy. I always meant to ask her more..." He trailed off again.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:33 am 

Her hand moved slowly in soothing caresses along his side. "... Asking more about him, or them?" it sounded like to her that his parents really had been happy together, and it made her think of the stories of swans and similar birds who would only have one mate, and when the mate passed away, the bird would waste away in mourning.

"You saw her in your dream you said, right?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 am 

"About him." Kenzo sighed. "Sometimes I wonder what he was like, and what in me came from him. It is strange, rather like seeing half a map, knowing the destination but not the origin. Incomplete."

Kenzo nodded. There was sadness in his expression, but Utsu's closeness comforted him. "Yes. I dreamed that I was back at my childhood home, but it as it was then, and me as I am now. And she was there..." He swallowed; Utsu would feel his body tense against hers.

He went on. "But she was dead already. Somehow I knew... but at the same time I didn't. I didn't spend time with her, or hardly even look at her. I... just left."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 am 

Utsusemi pulled him a little closer, her voice a soothing whisper as she did. There were no words, just the comforting sounds one offered to someone who was hurt or scared.

"You can't blame yourself for the past, Kenzo," her hand reached up his back, allowing her fingers to stroke his hair.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:58 am 

Kenzo sighed. "No, no. I know. And... I don't really worry about it, day to day. I wish we'd had more time together, but the time we did..." He managed a smile, his good spirits returning. "She was there for me, but I think I was there for her, too."

He shifted a little, bringing his face perfectly in line with hers, his eyes wide as they met hers. "There was one part of the dream that was definitely true, though. She would have loved to meet you." He pressed forward, kissing her tenderly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 am 

"... She sounds like she was a wonderful woman, Kenzo. I'm certain I would have loved to know her too. Though the way you speak of her, I feel in a way as if I already do." Her smile was a little sad at those words, but soon hidden by their kiss.

Trying to easen the mood a little, she rubbed their noses against eachother again after the kiss. "I wish I could say that about my family, in regards to you. I know my father and brother would both be absolutely horrible."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 am 

"I think you would have gotten along very well." He said softly, simply.

Kenzo laughed softly, both at the feeling of Utsu's nose rubbing against his, and at her words, his melancholy quickly vanishing. "Mmm, yes, no doubt. From what you've told me, we wouldn't have a thing to discuss that wouldn't lead to a duel the next morning." His eyebrows went up. "What about your mother? Do you think she might regard me at least a little kindly..." His lips twisted. "-or would she be immune to my rustic charm?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 am 

"It would be hard to tell with her," she chuckled gently. "Mother is a child of both Kakita and Doji as well, and well... if you think I am capable of not showing my feelings, she is a master at it."

Utsusemi swallowed. "... You know, my older sister, Kaede, had a twin-sister. We don't really talk about it in the family, apart from the prayers and offerings to the family shrine. Kaede and Sakura were both struck by illness when we were young. Kaede survived, but Sakura did not."

Her hold on Kenzo tightened slightly. "I still can't forget how stoic my mother were as she mourned the loss of her child. Even as she cried, she still looked so composed."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 am 

Kenzo chuckled softly. "No doubt. Well, I shall have to be satisfied with charming her daughter, then." The smile he gave her was very satisfied indeed.

The swallowing was a little clue, but it was enough for Kenzo to sense a change in the tone. His expression grew more serious, his eyes kind as he watched her face. The feeling of her hand tightening on him was like a cue; his hand tightened on her in return, and he leaned forward to gently kiss her forehead.

"I cannot imagine such a thing." He whispered. "To be composed in the face of that..." He held her against him, his arm tight around her.

"I rather like it when you show your feelings." He said suddenly, tilting his head to meet her eyes. "It was what first showed me how much of you there is to know."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 pm 

"It's... something no parent should have to experience." It made her think of the nightmare with her children, but Kenzo helped her remain focused.

" How much there is to know about me? And here I thought I was rather good at hiding my feelings..." Utsu chuckled a little.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:04 pm 

For a moment, Kenzo just gently stroked her back with his fingers, wordless. Silently he vowed that if there was anything he could do about it, she never would experience it.

"You are." Kenzo said, his voice soft. "You're very good, indeed. I don't think I've ever met anyone better at it." He gave her a gentle smile. "But of course, there's your art. It was an interesting contrast I thought, between how good you were at hiding your feelings, and how expressive your art is.

As he spoke, Kenzo relaxed, letting their foreheads rest together. "And then... there were little things, little glimpses. Your love for your children. Your sense of humor." His lips curled up as he remembered some hints of that she'd shown. "Your kindness to animals. And to a young samurai without a deed to his name, fresh out of his gempukku."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 pm 

Utsusemi's lips parted slightly as she listened to the comforting words and soothing voice.

"You seemed like life had treated you too cruelly... that some kindness was what you needed then," she said, giving his lips a light kiss.

"As for art.... funny isn't it, how we are taught to not show emotions, yet art is all about evoking emotions?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:54 pm 

Kenzo sighed happily as her lips brushed against his. "I think I did, yes, even if I didn't realize it at the time." His lips quirked. "But I still recognized it, after. It made me want to... return it somehow, if that makes sense." This time, he gave her a gentle kiss.

"Yes." Kenzo agreed, frowning thoughtfully. "It's something that I'd made note of before. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it." He was silent a few moments. "In college, I remember studying water pressure. Like the geysers we saw today. A buildup causes an uncontrolled, sometimes violent release. Ships are made with this in mind, and finding a way to release the pressure in a controlled way..."

Kenzo chuckled, shaking his head. "Or perhaps I'm just rambling." He gave her a grin. "Really, I should just ask the opinion of one well-acquainted with it. What do you think?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:14 pm 

"You've repaid that kindness many times by now," she chuckled, "but I'm not really keeping score. "

As he spoke of pressure, she at least learned something new in that it could also be applied to ship-building, but the science of geysers she understood.

"I wouldn't call it a 'violent release' in that circumstance, but... speaking for myself at least, it is a release for those emotions. To be able to have an outlet for them all." She frowned as she remembered her now ruined journal.

"... I'm going to need a new journal for that. But I suppose it was time to start anew, in a way, and not always be reminded of all the emotions I have poured out before."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 pm 

"Yes." Kenzo agreed, nodding gently. "Not a violent release, but something controlled." He gave a soft sigh, squeezing her gently. "I sometimes wondered if that was enough. We do face rather a lot of pressures, and they do build." Perhaps he was another sort of release for her. He rather liked the idea.

Kenzo winced. "I can't believe my first thought was to laugh when I saw you covered in mud like that. Although part of that was relief." His heart had seemed to stop for a moment when he saw her go under the wave of mud. "When we realized the damage... I can't imagine losing my notes, like you and Ran-san."

He looked at her, his brown eyes curious as they met hers. "You think so? I did wonder, with the torn pages. It seemed..." He chewed his lip thoughtfully, not quite sure what question to ask, or if he should.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:10 pm 

Kenzo would then be happy to know that he was not only someone witch she could find release with, but also a safe haven for her emotions.

" It was certainly a moment where I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at first," she admitted with some embarrassement, though she sobered from it quickly.

"That... that nightmare I first hold you about, at sea... It taunted me, it felt like, reciting unfinished poems and thoughts I had written down." Her hold on him tightened a little, drawing comfort from being near him.

"When I awoke, I tore out their pages, but... I couldn't bring myself to get did of them."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 pm 

Feeling her hold tighten, Kenzo tightened his as well, squeezing her against his chest, a physical sign of his steady support. He listened, his expression calm and sympathetic as she spoke. "That sounds unsettling." He said after a pause. "I suppose it is the nature of nightmares, that they be so. It's not surprising that they would linger." Still, their dreams seemed so effective at that... he frowned thoughtfully.

He sighed, craning his neck to kiss Utsu's forehead. "And then the mud destroyed them anyway. I'm sorry, Utsu. I... think I understand, though, why you couldn't get rid of them."

Kenzo was silent a few moments, holding her. "Do they still bother you? As you said, you do have a chance anew."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

Kenzo's comforting embrace helped her avoid falling into despair, his steady breathing and heartbeat like a guide for her.

"Sometimes. Not every day, but sometimes. It's hard not to, when they are all results of my thoughts and emotions..."

Shifting slightly, Utsusemi rested her head underneath his chin like they had done before.

" But on the bright side, you still have your research notes. To think how devastated I would feel if you lost yours, I can't imagine what it must be like for you if it happened."

Theme #5Profile

Page 4 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next