Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: [D7EN] Tall Tales
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm 

It was possible that Kenzo would have been up early. He'd been sleeping quite well lately, after all. And there was a certain amount of worry as well; he did fret lightly as he sat knelt by the table in the entryway. He'd hung a lantern just outside, the better to light Utsusemi's way back, as well as the one inside. He was her yojimbo, after all, and her safety was his responsibility, even without considering the bond they shared.

He had hot water prepared, as well as a little package made from an exceptionally large leaf. He'd washed away the worst of the day's exertions. He was more than ready for Utsu to return.

After all, he had so much to tell her! More than anything, it was excitement that kept him awake, filled him with an energy that could not be easily contained. He shifted as he knelt, his weight moving from one side to the other as he waited.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D7EN] Tall Tales
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 pm 

Eventually the sound of voices could be heard outside. It was Utsusemi's, and one other voice. Both were speaking Merenaese, but at least the tone seemed to be pleasant and calm. "Gracias. Adios." Utsusemi said and the other voice repeated something similar in return.

Soon enough, the door slid open and Utsusemi stepped inside. "Tadaima,*" she said as she turned to look at him with a smile after closing the door. "I'm sorry for staying out so late," she bowed as she apologized.

---

*=I'm home

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 pm 

Kenzo tilted his head curiously, perking up as he heard the voices coming from outside. He didn't recognize one, but the other was obviously Utsusemi. His expression brightened.

He rose as the door slid open, an easy smile on his lips. He bowed, silent until the door slid shut. "Utsusemi." He said, his smile growing. "Don't worry. It's no problem."

Grinning, he stepped forward, his eyes showing some of the same intensity he showed just before he kissed her. He stepped closer, and then... "You would not believe what I saw today."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 pm 

Seeing that he was fine too, Utsusemi relaxed a little... not that she had thought the Mantis had dragged him into some incredibly dangerous situation, but she had been worried about him since they parted ways in the afternoon.

"Oh? Well... can it at least wait a little, so I can take off my sandals and come inside?" she chuckled, as this was more like the kind of greetings she was used to from her children rather than a grown man. Already she was slipping out of her zori.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:37 pm 

"Ah. Yes. Of course." Kenzo reddened, just a little. "Please, of course. It's obviously been a rather long day for you, hasn't it?"

He gestured at the table. "I have hot water ready for you, if you'd like." The kettle was set up, along with teacups, next to the wrapped leaf. "Perhaps we can sit down, and take turns telling each other about them?" His tone was perfectly restrained and calm, but his eyes were still alight with some excitement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 pm 

"That sounds lovely. Thank you," she smiled warmly, placing her zori aside. "I will get the tea then, since you have the water ready. I will join you in a moment?"

Stepping properly into the entryway now, Utsusemi gave Kenzo a small peck on the cheek.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:52 pm 

Kenzo smiled at the peck on the cheek.

"That sounds lovely. Thank you, Utsu." He had already taken off his outermost layers, although still what could be considered properly dressed. "Let me know if there's anything else you need." He gestured with one hand to the wrapped leaf. "If you're at all hungry, I procured a little snack for you. I think you'll like it." His smile glinted confidently in the dark.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 pm 

"If I think of it, I will ask," Utsusemi smirked as she went to the kitchen to get the tea. Considering the late hour, she chose a light green tea instead of the black teas she usually preferred earlier in the days. Fetching tea didn't exactly take long, and she soon joined Kenzo.

"So..." she begun, seating herself down to prepare tea. At first it seemed like what he was so positively buzzing about, but noticing the wrapped leaf, she changed her mind. "What sort of snacks?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:12 pm 

Kenzo sat down next to her. He was perhaps moving just a little stiffly, having exerted himself thoroughly during the day, but he was young, and in good shape.

"Ah..." Kenzo hesitated a moment, his lips parted, as he struggled to contain his excitement. It was a difficult struggle, but in the end, he would take Utsusemi over giant turtles any day. Well, most days.

He gave her a smile. "Oh, just a little something I picked up in the market." he waved a hand casually. "Go ahead, open it." He slid the package closer to her. The leaf was wrapped into a triangular shape, little pieces of string holding it in place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 pm 

His weariness was noted. Like him, it had been a long day for her too... including all the time spent scrubbing away the mud and cleaning it out of her hair.

Utsusemi shot him a smirk. She could tell that he was trying to play it off casually that he was trying to surprise her with something. Keeping an eye on him, she pulled it closer and began to undo the strings. Her smile grew even more as she saw what the surprise was. "Aww... Kenzo, you shouldn't have." The gift earned him another kiss as a reward.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 pm 

Kenzo grinned, his eyes briefly closing for the kiss. "I beg to differ, Utsu. Clearly I should have. Besides, it was no trouble."

His lips quirked. "I take it by your reaction that I found the right thing, too. I was a little worried, going into the shop and asking for something in a language I don't speak. I'm relieved that I didn't get something entirely different."

Kenzo's lips parted again, and then closed. He'd been so anxious to tell her about the turtle, but he was rather enjoying just talking to her. He leaned on the table with one elbow as he gave Utsu a crooked grin. "You're looking rather, ah..." His lips quirked. "Not so muddy as when I last saw you. I take it you and Yogo-sama had no further difficulties?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:43 pm 

Utsusemi gladly helped herself to a piece of baklava as they let the tea steep, and she picked up another piece to offer to Kenzo as well. "Try one, they're delicious..." she smiled, seeming to be offering to feed it to him.

"Mhm, we found a rather pretty location after the mud, but... that can wait, neh? You seem to be practically buzzing over something you want to tell me. I can tell."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 pm 

Although he was interested in what Utsu had to say, Kenzo's eyes nevertheless flashed gratitude. "Yes, I certainly do. It was quite an adventure I had. Or rather, the lot of us had. I can hardly wait to tell you..."

He grinned. "But! First things first! You've really made me quite curious about this pastry." His eyebrows went up a little as she brought the piece towards his mouth, but his lips parted. His hand came up to help guide hers if necessary, gently touching her wrist.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 pm 

Utsusemi's cheeks flushed a gentle pink colour as the small nudge from Kenzo's hand brought the pastry to his lips. As it disappeared, her fingertips, sticky with honey now, brushed against his lips.

"... Do you like it?" she asked, her voice soft as she watched him carefully with a gentle smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 pm 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up in pleased surprised at the sweet taste, and the flaky texture. He ate it with gusto, swallowing carefully. "That's very good." He said, cheerfully. "I can see why you like it."

His eyes caught the flush in her cheeks, and he couldn't help but be aware of her fingers as they brushed his lips. His smile became a playful smirk.

"Ah, but Utsu." His hand on her wrist slid up, gently gripping her palm. With an easy pressure, her spread her fingers, his brown eyes meeting her eyes as he did so, bright, unwavering. "It is a little messy, isn't it? Look what happened to your fingers..."

With exquisite slowness, her brought a finger between his lips. His eyes were still on hers as he gently sucked it clean, tongue brushing against her digit as he did so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 pm 

The colour only intensified in response to his lips around her fingers, Utsusemi's thoughts definitely going somewhere lewd as they both kept their eyes on eachother.

"Ah..." it wasn't as if they hadn't shared intimacy before, but Kenzo's rogueish charm certainly worked in his favour of making her blush as he pleasantly surprised her once more. "... thank you," she murmured, smiling shyly, "you charming rogue, you..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:37 pm 

Kenzo grinned at her, his eyes dancing. "Of course. I did promise I'd a scoundrel for you when that's what you need." He tilted her hand in his, admiring it for a moment before meeting her gaze once more. "And that is what you need right now. After all, there's still your other fingers. I can't stop now..."

And indeed, he didn't, watching her as he took the next delicate finger between his lips. His other hand gently slid around her waist, Kenzo scarcely aware he had done so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 pm 

If Utsusemi put up a protest, it was a tiny token one at best. She couldn't let him just think he could get away with this... maybe... well, he probably would get away with this. Damnit.

"I suppose I should let you then," she conceded weakly, trying to put on an act of playing hard to get. It wasn't really working.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 pm 

True to his word, Kenzo did that finger, and then the next and the next. He was very thorough indeed, lips and tongue ensuring that there wasn't a trace of honey left on her hand.

Finally he was satisfied. Or, rather, her hand was clean. Kenzo grinned at her, his eyes playful, but intense. "You were right, Utsusemi. That is very good." He lowered his head, kissing the inside of her wrist, his eyes still on hers. "Did you want to have any more?" He asked, his voice growing rough.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm 

Utsusemi chuckled sweetly, reaching out with her other hand to lift his chin up so she could kiss his lips in return. "It can wait for later," her words whispered against his lips.

"Now..." her fingers released his chin, "what had you so excited earlier before I managed to distract you so easily with something sweet?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 5 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next