Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: A meeting of travelers (day 6 LE)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm 

Susumu was not a man of honor, so to speak, but even he was awed by the reverence the Ide showed to the blade.

He bowed his head as she did before taking the wakizashi with utmost care

''It is a great honor you give me, Ide-san. Henceforth I will allow no one to doubt your ancestry in my presence.''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 pm 

Akaichou's eyes softened and she smiled. "I suppose it is natural to question. I try not to take offense. It's been so long between us and it must come as a surprise. I showed you this because the gift you have given to me will rest beside it for now, until I can give the jade a proper place of honor. And because sharing this with you seemed the best way of showing how grateful I am. I do not mean to obligate you in any way."

She was sincere and wanted to be clear. She'd feel terrible if he were to argue on her behalf. It's not that he wouldn't be correct, but it seemed a manipulative thing to try to make people feel indebted. In her dealings with others she always preferred to persuade them to another way of thinking. If they were manipulated, nothing will have really changed as they'd have had no real choice.

"Even now we only trust about three Ki-Rin smiths to care for the remaining Wakizashis. Many did not survive the Burning Sands and the wars we fought. But they are still made new in Rokugan it seems. Are there ancient ones as well?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm 

He handed her back her blade

"That is correct. Some blades are legacy items handed down from our ancestors.They are still used and kept in perfect conditions"

He seemed to consider something for a moment

"Smiths could be useful to bring in a cultural exchange"

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:07 pm 

She tucked the weapon back in its place and reached to gather the piece of jade in her hands. She set it in with the wakizashi and close the lid.

"I suppose there are many smiths who know about wakizashi care and creation in Rokugan. Their knowledge would be quite valuable, as well as our smiths knowledge of other weapons found only outside Rokugan." It was an interesting proposition.

She placed the box away and motioned so that they could move back to their current language exchange.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm 

"Given the significance of the wakizashi and the katana in Rokugani culture, I think it is only normal for the unicorn to regain this knowledge as it is your right"

He paused for a moment "What should we begin with?"

Equipment (visible):

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2