Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A meeting of travelers (day 6 LE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 am 

The mantis arrived before the establishment Ide-sama spoke of...but he was not sure he had gotten it right

''Is this the place?'' he mused looking around the the Ki-Rin but finally knocking at the door.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: A meeting of travelers (day 6 LE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:14 am 

"Come in, Gusai-sama. Welcome." Akaichou answered the door. She bowed in reception, holding the door. "How do you find yourself today?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 am 

The mantis bowed low to his host.

''The day found me quite busy!'' he replied with a laugh

''I thank you for your hospitality Ide-sama, how was your day?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:10 am 

"It was quite good, thank you, but also busy." She smiled brightly. She motioned that they would be heading toward the back of the establishment where the stairs were located. "This is Ide Mohan's... This is a word I need to learn. A place that sells medicines and helps people. He and his wife are my hosts. I've known them since I was a child. My father and he used to work together as Emissaries."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:33 pm 

Susumu followed his host, making sure not to look to intently anywhere. He was certainly curious about this medicine shop but he would need to remain polite

''A pharmacy you mean?'' the mantis wondered

''But that is fascinating, your father was an emissary as well?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 pm 

"Pharmacy. Thank you." She grinned as she led him up the stairs, looking back as she did so to make eye contact. "Yes, he is. People have come to respect him as a great arbiter. He has traveled very far. I often went with him to meet people and make contacts as a young girl. Ide Mohan is one of those people."

Reaching the landing, she brought him to a small table with chairs. There was a book on the table which was open and Ivindi script could be seen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:22 pm 

''I am envious!'' he admits with a chuckle then looks at the table while getting something out of his pockets

''Were you studying Invidi?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 am 

Akaichou smiled. She was proud of the time she'd spent at her father's side, learning his craft. Being a young girl allowed in the most important of rooms, sitting quietly as a living reminder to those in the room that they needed to do what was best for their children and future generations.

"I was under the impression you'd traveled as well. Do you have a favorite place? And yes, I was starting the very basics, but the book is here for you mostly as it starts advanced Ivindi which Ide Mohan can help you learn."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:25 pm 

''My favorite place...hmm'' he wondered ''I did travel more then the great majority of Rokugani but my clan's travel was sadly restricted. Still I would choose Inukai bay or Saagar Kee Kaudee if I had to choose''

He smiled as he scratched his chin

''I also started learning Mekhem at the mosque...speaking of which...''

Susumu produced a little package

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 pm 

Akaichou's brows creased in both curiosity confusion. After a few seconds she breathed and smiled. "Am I meant to refuse? Different parts of the world have different traditions. In some, it is rude not to accept. In others it is rude not to agree quickly. But perhaps it is rude even to ask." She grinned, hoping she'd not offended as she looked at both he and the parcel.

Last edited by Ide Akaichou on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm 

The Mantis was quite entertained

"Rokugani etiquette would mandate that you refuse twice but accept on my third offer...we could go through it or skip it. It is your choice"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm 

"I should perhaps practice my polite 'no's. I am honored, but this is not necessary." She began her refusals. It may have felt like theatre at this point given that she'd already asked about the custom rendering it moot, but she may at least get graded at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:12 am 

Mirth shined through Susumu's eyes

''Sooo...are you refusing the gift or the refusal ceremony?""

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 am 

She couldn't help but laugh. "Am I so terrible at refusals that you cannot tell? Perhaps I should simply accept." She extended her hands to receive the parcel. "Kind sir, I am humbled to accept your gift." Amusement played in her violet eyes as it did in her grin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm 

He chuckled as well ''And I am grateful for your assistance Ide-san''

The package contained a finger of jade with a passege from the Tao of Shinsei :The worst enemy is the absence of hope.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm 

Akaichou's mouth dropped, eyes wide. This was no small gift! Jade was exceedingly rare. She'd only ever seen it in Ki-Rin homes, few at that. Each time they were prominently displayed in a place of honor. Survivors of many challenges that had faced the Ki-Rin over the centuries.

It took her more than a moment to respond. "This... This is beautiful. I cannot possibly accept. This is too much. It's so valuable. I have nothing to offer in return that could possibly repay you." She bowed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:43 pm 

That expression was just too precious. He had long figured that jade was rare but now he was becoming convinced it was even rarer the had anticipated.

''There is no need to repay me Ide-san, view this as a token of friendship from me.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:40 am 

Akaichou blinked in wonder, gingerly touching the jade as though it would break if merely looked at too harshly. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself, eyes lit and humbled. "I truly do not have the words to thank you."

Softly, she enclosed the jade in her palm. Moving away from the table upon which the book sat she crossed the small room and opened a door gesturing a plea for the Mantis to follow.

This was not a place she expected to take a man. One's room was a private place. Yes, Hinami and Hikari had been inside, but that was under slightly different circumstances. That was the first time she'd truly introduced herself as Ki-Rin. But after this gift, it seemed more than fitting that she share this with Susumu as well.

With utmost care, she placed the jade on a cloth sitting on one of her chests. She placed two pillows on the floor to kneel. "Please. I have something I'd like to share with you."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm 

''Oh?'' the mantis grew curious

He took place on the pillow and waited for the reveal

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm 

For the second time in two days, she went to the bottom of her clothing chest. She delicately produced a long box covered with a fine cloth which she placed between them.

"I showed this is Seppun Hikari-sama and her sister. But before them, no one outside my family had seen it. Then I suppose you are long lost family in a way."

The way she handled it was noticeably reverent and graceful, although she were both humbled and empowered by merely holding it. She had given the box its own pillow which showed a level of honor to an object she was unsure if Gusai-sama was accustomed to seeing.

Before unwrapping the contents, she said a prayer in her mother tongue although if one were discerning they might notice a mention of Shinjo. She had a solemn, serious look about her as she pulled the cloth back one fold at a time.

It was a box, as one would expect. However, it was obviously oiled and simple yet somehow ornate. In the center, majestic eyes and fiery hair, powerful and proud. It wasn’t carved exactly; or maybe it was, but it made the wood darken as well causing the horse to look alive. The Mon of the Ki-Rin.

Carefully, she removed the lid which revealed nothing at first save for another cloth. Finally she pulled it back with the utmost care.

Inside lay a wakizashi. It was ancient, having survived centuries but was immaculately cared for. She lifted it as though holding something she dare not. It bared the crest of both the Unicorn and the Ide.

She lifted it as though touching it was a spiritual experience. "This survived all through many, many years passed down through the centuries in my family. It is now is mine to protect."

She bowed her head toward Susumu before extending her palms; an invitation to for a few fleeting moments to hold the centuries of her family's honor. "There was a time in which, like you, we wore these. However the people here did not understand the tradition and it looked a bad show of faith for an Emissary of peace to enter a room with a weapon."

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next