Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D6 EA] Watch out for the Mountain Kappa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm 

Kenzo shot her a quick smile. He didn't have a huge number of friends, but he certainly appreciated the ones he did have.

"Perhaps just a bit about the people. What are they like? How do they live? I recognize this is a rather broad question-" He shrugged. "But you are a student of people, so I imagine you can answer better than I can ask."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm 

"That's a difficult one since there is plenty of variety..." She said as she labored up the mountain behind him.

"As a people they have experienced a considerable amount of hardship... they have internalized much of that and used it to bond together after having been separated for a lengthy period of time. They are cunning, sharp, powerful, and focused. They can be reasonable and deal equitably with others... but if they feel their identity or people are being threatened, they will respond with fervor and strength."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm 

"Huh." Kenzo said, absorbing this.

"I'd noticed the variety." He said, nodding as they walked. "Back in Rokugan, speaking more than one language is still rare; the explorers are rather an unusual cross-section. I've never seen so many languages in one place."

He smiled. "I met a man with a monkey yesterday. I was a bit suspicious of him at first, but he helped me, albeit for a price. Spoke Mehkem, I think it was, in addition to Yobanjin. Oh, I had to pay the monkey, too." He chuckled again. "It's an interesting place."

"Any more you can tell me, I should like to hear. What about culture, art, that sort of thing?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm 

She chuckled, "There are plenty of colorful characters in Little Aquaba. Sounds like you might have been taken for a ride a bit."

She then tilted her head, "Pretty diverse for art and culture. The Unicorn have absorbed a number of smaller groups and unified very disparate tribes and cultures into their power structure... So there are a number of different types of music, dance, art, performance..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 pm 

Kenzo shrugged. "That could be the case. But the results were good anyway, and Sanjuro-sama has been cured as a result. I cannot complain."

"That sounds fascinating." Kenzo said, smiling. "So many different types. I should be interested in hearing more about the music. I would imagine that goes with the dance?" He asked, tilting his head in his usual curious expression.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 pm 

"Are you a dancer Kenzo-san?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:28 pm 

"Ah..." Kenzo reddened a little. "Not as such, no." He cleared his throat. "Not really in any sort of way. Being a warrior has made me rather clever with my feet, or so I fancy, but not more than that."

He shrugged. "I have some small amount of interest in it, though. And art, music, that sort of thing generally." He cleared his throat, still a little red.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm 

"And what brings about this interest?" She asked with a smirk and a whack of her parangu.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:33 pm 

"Oh, you know..." Kenzo cleared his throat again. "Just a general sort of interest in enriching myself. As fascinating as science is, one really should have other hobbies, interests, things to do. And the local styles really do seem fascinating."

He swallowed, chopping away at some bushes with his own knife. "Don't you think so, Berena-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm 

She followed close behind him, "I can't say I'm the best dancer. But there is always something quite lovely about dancing where I'm from. It's quite a bit different from Rokugani dance from what I understand. Tends to be a way for men and women to socialize and enjoy each other's company. Can be quite romantic too."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:43 pm 

Kenzo was silent for a few moments.

"That does sound rather different from Rokugani dance. Quite a bit different, in fact. How..." He cleared his throat. "How does it work here? Dancing at socializing? I'm not sure I follow."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 pm 

She chuckled and stopped, "Would you like me to show you?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm 

Kenzo halted along with her, turning, his expression curious, his brow lightly furrowed.

Finally, he smiled. "I would appreciate that, Berena-sama. It's not quite what I expected I'd learn from you. But, well, you've already told me so many things, I shouldn't be surprised to learn one more, expected or otherwise." He bowed, still smiling. "Therefore, by all means, please."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 pm 

She chuckled, "Every decent 'princess' where I'm from is expected to know at least the common steps."

She put her gear down and stretched out her neck a bit before coming close. "You may find it scandalous... We're going to be touching. The side of your body will be pressed up against mine. Don't worry, I'm not coming on to you. Hopefully Utsusemi will forgive me when she gets to experience proper dancing with you some day."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo looked interested. "Interesting. It must relate to your duties, then? Just as every samurai born to a certain rank might learn calligraphy and poetry, for example?"

Mirroring Berena, Kenzo set down his gear. He froze, though, as she moved closer. He was progressive, to be sure, but that was much easier to deal with in the abstract. "Touching? And that's done in public?"

Kenzo's chin tilted upwards, his cheeks flushing. After a moment, he cleared his throat. "Shall we proceed, then?" He asked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 pm 

She chuckled, "Rokugani men..."

After shaking her head in good nature she stepped forward and put herself into position at his side. Her face close to his as she tucked her side tightly into his. "The first dance which is fairly common in Thranish and Merenaese courts alike is a waltz. It's simple enough. Three triangular steps in succession while we spin. Move your feet where I tell you."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:19 pm 

"Errr..." Suddenly Kenzo found Berena pressed up against him, her face close to his. He'd noticed her rather curvaceous figure before, but this was something else. She would undoubtedly be able to feel the sudden tension in his lean body.

And yet, one of the advantages to being rather driven as Kenzo considered himself was having a focused mind. Slowly, he relaxed. Finally, he nodded, frowning thoughtfully. "Waltz." He echoed. "Very good. Three triangular steps, while we spin?" His lips twisted. "I think I can visualize it, sort of. It seems rather difficult to coordinate, though." At least when performing kata, you didn't generally have someone else pressed against you, he thought.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 pm 

"Rule number one... Relax!" She said as she slapped him on the back gently to get his spine to loosen up. "You move together with the person. Not push them over like a giant boulder."

She then started to make the steps slowly, his tense body made it feel as if she was dancing with a stone golem at times but she patiently tried to show him the right way... while occasionally slapping his back and shoulders to loosen him up.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 pm 

Kenzo grunted, straightening a little. "Right, that makes sense. It's a partner activity. Not just one dragging the other around."

He did his best, but the unfamiliar steps did sometimes make him stumble. Which pulled him out of the moment. Which made him feel awkward, pressed against Berena. Which led to a slap on the back or shoulders.

Kenzo laughed, grinning. "Berena-sama, I thought we'd established that I don't enjoy getting punched. I suppose I'd better improve, hadn't I?" Actually it did seem that he was getting a bit better, managing the steps a bit more smoothly, tension slowly leaving his features.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 pm 

She smiled as he started to improve. "These are called 'love taps' where I am from. If you step on my foot though... maybe a punch will fly."

She then nodded, "Another aspect of the waltz is when the man dips the woman. I will lean back, and you will keep your arm just above my rump and lean with me while supporting me."

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next