Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: [D6 EA] Watch out for the Mountain Kappa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 am 

Sometimes when Kenzo explored, he liked to just go wherever his whim took him, and finding whatever he managed to find. As long as it didn't try to eat him, this usual worked.

However, in this case, he was looking for something in particular. Utsusemi and Bellena were looking for a particular spot to place the temple, and the mountain could have one. And while he didn't know the area well, he was at least knowledgeable about mountains. And so, dressed in his usual dark green travelling kimono, he found himself exploring once more.

As they walked along, trying to keep to ridges, Kenzo kept an eye out for ground that would be appropriate for temple placement, or that might lead to such a place. "See anything, Muhaki-sama?" He asked.

----------------------------------

d6 EA, checking out rock formations, Lore:Nature(earth), VP spent: 9d10ro1o10k4 34

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D6 EA] Watch out for the Mountain Kappa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 am 

Bellena walked behind the man and the path he tread. She stopped here and there to examine the types of rock formations, and measure the temperature of streams they passed along the way. She had studied the volcanic activity of the island for quite some time and knew where to look for signs of troublesome spots.

She looked up when Kenzo spoke to her and smiled, "Maybe... Getting a lot of data right now at the very least. Thanks for coming along with me today."

----

Lore: Nature (Fire)-55

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:50 am 

Kenzo turned, giving the red-headed gaijin a smile. "Of course, Muhaki-sama. I'm very happy to assist."

He chuckled. "In truth, I was glad to take the opportunity to do some exploring. There's a lot worth seeing on the island. The goal that you and Utsusemi-sama are working towards is a good one, though."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:52 am 

"To be able to murder multiple avian creatures with a single piece of sediment is never bad." She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:57 am 

"Yes, I...." Kenzo stopped, turning back to her, his brows drawing down. "What? Err, I'm sorry, I don't really follow."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 am 

"Two birds, one stone." She said. "It's a phrase that is oddly enough in both Merenaese and Rokugani."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 am 

"Oh." After a moment, Kenzo chuckled. "Of course. I'll admit, no one has put it to me in quite that way before." He chuckled again.

"That is interesting that the phrase exists in both languages." He looked at her, smirking. "I would like to say that it speaks of a common ground between the two cultures. But I expect that it's mostly that efficiency and killing birds are both important in the early days of any society."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:15 am 

She chuckled, "Probably."

She stood up from her crouched position and dusted off her knees. "So how is the island treating you Mirumoto-san?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 am 

Kenzo beamed. "Quite well, actually." Indeed, he seemed to be even more cheerful than usual.

"There's a huge number of new things to discover. Animals, plants... I caught one of the wasps, if you heard. And Sanjuro is doing much better, too." He let out a puff of breath, still smiling. "I've been quite busy, really."

He cleared his throat. "And yourself, Muhaki-sama?" He asked politely.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 am 

She chuckled a bit at the man's enthusiasm. She found it a charming point about him, "Me? Well enough... lots of things to do. Multiple responsibilities now rest on my shoulders. Trying to stay on top of the deluge."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 am 

Walking in front, Kenzo began to lead the way up another ridge.

Wincing, Kenzo looked back. "Oh? Multiple responsibilities? I hope for your sake that they can be solved together. Rather than being at odds with each other."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:35 am 

She chuckled and then went silent as she strained to climb up the same slope as Kenzo. "That's the trick now, isn't it? Don't know if I have that one figured out yet."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:42 am 

Kenzo laughed. "You have my sympathies, then. I certainly don't have that one figured out either."

He was silent for a few minutes as they walked along. "So, I know about this duty, obviously. Are the others anything that can be shared?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 am 

She chopped through a vine to the side of her with her parangu as she started to speak, "I mean... there's a bunch of stuff to do with this temple prep. Then a slew of stuff to do for the Governor of the East Port. Another batch of things I have to deal with on a personal and family level. And then this whole mess of landing a fleet and 'exploring' things that are already populated and explored by people I know."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am 

Kenzo nodded along, interested and sympathetic. At the end, he turned back, frowning.

"It was my understanding..." Kenzo said, speaking slowly, "-that a great deal of this island hasn't been explored yet. Is that not the case?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:58 am 

"There's always more to be done... but say you had an army of Lion show up at Shiro Mirumoto and say you are doing your duties wrong and they were here to 'help'... and you know if you don't acquiesce to them, they'll fight you. Maybe you'll win... but the whole situation is a tough one to be in. Because the consequences don't ever just end there."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:06 am 

Kenzo came to a stop, turning back to face her. He was frowning, lines of concern etched in his forehead.

"That's... hmm." He folded his arms across his chest. "Surely it's not like that. I admit, there are rather a lot of warriors, but the seas aren't safe." He sighed. "I'm a fighter, sure, but I'm also a scientist. That's why I'm here." His tone and his gaze were both uncertain, the creases in his forehead deepening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:09 am 

"But it's not why your leaders are here my friend." She said as she took a bit of a rest on a stone.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am 

Kenzo found his own stone, large enough for him to lean against. His mouth opened, shut, and he shook his head.

After a few moments, he smiled. "Well, we are both scientists, are we not? Perhaps we should discuss this in a scientific way. Would you present the evidence for your hypothesis to me, Muhaki-sama?" Still smiling, he gave her a bow, some of his cheer returning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 am 

She chuckled, "So imagine you are a Prince... you're brother is slotted to become the Emperor in front of you, and you think that he is going to destroy the empire by his lack of vision. Surely something must be done. So you call for the creation of a fleet to have a new generation of progressive samurai gather together and go out to explore the world. You enlist the Tortoise to create this fleet... you get them to expend resources for years to start this project in the name of 'progress'... Then shortly before it is completed you instigate a fight with the Tortoise and steal all of their holdings on the mainland so you may build your fleet and command it outside of their influence. Despite this specifically being under their purvey by Imperial mandate. Then say the leaders of the Tortoise refuse this grasp of power... and on a clear day in Mantis waters suddenly the Tortoise champion's ship 'sinks' and all its crewmen are dead."

She paused as she looked out over the island. "Magically the Mantis become on good terms with you the Prince, and you grant them much of what was taken from the Tortoise on the mainland. Now say... you as the prince... have a book that reveals the location of Agasha Kasuga's travels. And informs you of a group of people with ties to Rokugan... with great military capability. Perhaps enough to challenge your brother for the right to rule the Throne. Imagine that what lies between you and them is the clan that the Emperor set out to establish connections with the world and help protect the Empire from forces not readily visible on the mainland. In this same journal you become aware of an island in the middle of the sea... a crossroads of sorts... where you can potentially interact with and influence this large military force and try to convert them over to your side. You need men and women to be devoted to your cause that can help turn the hearts of this new group and so for years you have bred a generation of followers as head of Imperial Education and feed them the lie that you are the only path towards progress... without you the Empire will fall into darkness. And so you tell them 'the time for their journey has come'. Now they go off to settle an 'unknown' world and bring the light of the Empire to the ends of the earth. 'Bring progress' for 'all'..."

She sighed, "But the Prince's 'progress' is a lie. He seeks to steal power from his brother and subjugate all under his command. There are those who have built the roads on which you are treading... Who have explored this land... Who know these 'new' people far better than you do. They know the danger inherit in any cooperative task with them. And when they caution restraint... or advise for the Prince to calm his ambition... we are seen as anti-Rokugan. Our assets are stolen from us. Our allies taken from us by kind words by an army of diplomats... supported by hundreds of troops. The prince's allies unwittingly fuel a fire of civil war. They bring death and destruction to their own homes and families... and all the while the Prince sits in his residence and watches as his plans come to fruition; never revealing the truth of anything to those he employs. What would you think of a Prince that conducted himself in such a manner?"

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next