Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D6 EA] Watch out for the Mountain Kappa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm 

Dancing as they were, Kenzo couldn't bow, of course, but he did incline his head as he laughed. "I'm certain that if it came to that, I would know the difference." He smirked at her. "Don't worry; I'll treat you with the utmost of care."

"Above your..." Kenzo came to a rather sudden stop, although he managed to telegraph it well enough through his grip on her. He looked at her, his eyebrows up. "Really? That's something that's done? And I should try that now?" His brows drew down doubtfully. "Are you quite sure?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm 

She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Yes. Real men don't get all excited about touching a woman with no interest in having sex with them. So if part of you is stiffing up somewhere besides your back, tell that part to take it easy... this is nothing to get excited about."

She leaned back and put her weight on his arms, "Now dip me."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:02 pm 

Dipping was temporarily delayed as Kenzo burst into a fit of helpless laughter. "Really, Berena-sama..." He said, still laughing. He shook his head. "Surely you can't deny though, there's a certain amount of sensuality to this, regardless." He nodded his expression growing more serious. "But I assure you, ah, nothing untoward is happening." Don't think about it, don't think about it, don't think about it...

His expression grew more serious. "But right. Dip you. Very well." Actually, the way she was shifting her weight made it very easy to tell what he was supposed to do. And her shape made it simple to tell where to put his arm. And feeling their shifting weight wasn't so different from climbing, or martial arts... And so, Kenzo leaned towards her, his bushi's grace making the move fairly smooth, his arm supporting her as she leaned back.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 pm 

She smiled up at him with a sultry look and maintained her position mid-dip. Smirking she replied, "If you think this is sensuous... I don't think I should show you some other types of popular dance from my home."

With his assistance she then stood back up into proper form and broke contact with him. Taking a step back she said, "Then at the end the partners pay their respects to each other." She offered a curtsy to him. "And often people will change partners for the next dance."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:05 pm 

Kenzo's eyes were bright as he met her sultry look, returning it with confident playfulness. He did feel his blood heat a bit at that, the look suddenly reminding him that his arms held a very attractive woman.

On the other hand, last night, he'd held the woman he loved. And already, a large part of him was imagining what it might be like to dance with her like this, to look into her eyes as he dipped her.

Kenzo straightened them both, laughing easily as they came apart. He started to mirror her gesture, but quickly recognized the curtsy as being more feminine; he smoothly converted into a bow. "Well, perhaps I'd better work on this one, then, before trying any others. Small steps." He said. He smiled at her, his expression cheerful. "Thank you, Berena-sama. That was rather enjoyable."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:08 pm 

She chuckled and patted him on the shoulder, "It was no problem Kenzo. I'll have to train Utsusemi sometime soon so you can have a partner that you really want to touch. Just remember... save the stiffness for after the dance."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:14 pm 

Kenzo buried his face in his hands, once again laughing helplessly. "Berena-sama..." He managed to get his laughter under control. "Really, I can't even joke about something like that. I'm her yojimbo. Anything more than that would be improper, and her reputation is very important to me."

His face twisted up as he tried to figure out how to ask a question that wouldn't immediately contradict what he'd just say. "Errr... I think perhaps it would be better not to mention you've taught me anything to Utsu-sama, in fact." He said. After all, he wanted to surprise her...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 pm 

She smiled, "Very well. I'll let you surprise her. She'd probably like that better. Or you worried about having to explain why you were touching me?"

She chuckled and moved back to her stuff to pick it up.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm 

Kenzo's chin went up along with his eyebrows, although his expression was still cheerful. "In the event that I were dancing like this with someone, they might ask where I learned it." He, too, bent down to retrieve his pack, shifting it onto his shoulders with practiced ease. "If that were the case, I wouldn't see any problem with telling them."

He gave her a smile. "Besides, while it was a little inappropriate for Rokugan, I think it was acceptable between us." He gave her a nod. "You're a good friend, Berena-sama." He said.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 pm 

She chuckled and winked, "You're not horrible company either Kenzo-san."

She looked up again to the mountain. "I don't know how likely it is we'd get to the top... I'm not much of a mountaineer. Nor does it make sense to try and build a temple on such an inaccessible spot..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:35 pm 

Kenzo shot her a quick grin in return for the wink.

"Hmmm..." Kenzo followed her gaze up the mountain. "Actually, in Dragon lands, we have a lot of temples in rather remote places. Including on mountaintops. It's something of an act of worship to reach them, climbing all the steps. Like a pilgrimage." He looked back at her. "Could that sort of thing be done here, though? It would be a shame to build a temple that no one wanted to walk to."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 pm 

She examined the ground again and tilted her head, "It'd be logistically onerous to try and go for the very top... but maybe we can find some good land a bit lower."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 pm 

Kenzo nodded. "That sort of thing is really most feasible when you have a pre-existing supply chain, or there are materials close to the construction site. Lacking those, closer to the city seems much more viable." Gesturing with one hand, he began to lead the way down a ridge, towards lower ground.

He paused, though, as a thought occurred. "Do you have any parameters for the type of temple? It's not often done, I believe some Clans carve the temples out of the rock, rather than constructing them from rock. Perhaps we should keep our eyes open for that sort of terrain as well?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 pm 

"We can keep those types of things in mind... Though I think further away from the city is probably better for relations between the people who live here and the Empire."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 am 

Glancing back, Kenzo grimaced. "That doesn't sound encouraging." He hesitated a moment before speaking. "Just how political is the construction of this temple, anyway? Utsu-sama hasn't said much about that angle, but what she has said is rather un-encouraging, from my perspective."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 am 

"It's potentially volatile... Like I said earlier... The Unicorn can be rather temperamental when they feel threatened. And their religion is one thing that binds them together more than a lot of things."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 am 

Kenzo frowned. "Don't they still venerate Lady Shinjo? I'd understood that they did. I can see why worship of the kami more generally might languish; that's no surprise. But surely there remains enough common ground to integrate this new Fortune?"

His lips twisted. "At least, that seems best to me. I'm no theologian. As some of my Togashi cousins were so fond of reminding me."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 am 

"What may be similar in name... is perhaps not similar in content. They've been separated from Rokugan for quite some time... Things change with time." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:39 am 

Kenzo stopped walking again. He crossed his arms, one hand up to rub thoughtfully across his chin.

He sighed. "We seem to be in a bit of a logical fork. I would like to suggest that some of our more... flexible priesthood confer with their counterparts in the Ki-Rin. If we don't, it seems likely that this expedition will end in failure, with no temple built."

He spread his hands. "On the other hand, if we do manage to reach an accommodation, it seems likely that all credit will go to Jama, yes? Who, if your read is accurate, will use it for terrible leverage." He sighed. "This seems a difficult needle to thread."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 am 

She chuckled. “Life provides such challenging conundrums now and then.”

DescriptionTheme

Page 4 of 5 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next