Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Nice Place You Have Here (Day 8, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm 

"Suihime-chan? Are you here?" Edogawa knocked on the door.

It wasn't what he expected. This seemed more like a location he would live at. Of course, the little cottage he had in La Nueva Esperanza seemed more like her type of home. At least the neighborhoods matched each of them.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: Nice Place You Have Here (Day 8, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 pm 

Suihime had been writing the visions that kept coming to mind. Trying to understand...but the words were not words. It didn't make sense. Now a voice that sounded oddly like her brothers was at the door...

"Oh!"

She hopped up to her feet, and moved down the stairs to the door, opening it. Not taking a moment to fix her hair, making her look far more messy than usual.

"Edo-kun?" She said as she peeked out.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm 

He blinked. He then stared for a moment, making certain it was her.

"Sister, are you alright?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm 

"Hm? Oh, I am quite alright, thank you" She nodded "can I help? Do you wish to come in?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm 

"Hai, I'd like that." he smiled, suppressing an amused chuckle. "I think we should catch up."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm 

Suihime stepped back, opening the door fully and bowing.

"Please, come in. All of my items are upstsirs, so we will be going up. I hope this isn't an issue?"

The ground floor was pretty empty, except for the large machine that dominated it and some odd looking hyrogliphics on the wall. Once Edogawa was in, she closed and locked the heavy door and began to lead them upstairs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm 

"I wonder if the equipment can still be used." he mused as they passed it. "Stairs are fine, Sui-chan. My home has them as well, though it is definitely smaller than this."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:33 pm 

"It is a gaijin technology I was previously unfamiliar with, so I haven't attempted yet. Once I know its origins and what is required, I will have it running" Suihime said as they went up the loud creaky stairs. The design of the upper floor was similar, but the big difference was paper. All along the floor was paper, far less tidy than Suihime normally had it. The writings on each page were different languages also, some not even looking like a language. In the corner, carefully placed away from the papers, was a very old looking book.

It was a mess of gaijin calligraphy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 pm 

"I'd be happy to help, once I finish the repairs on the Yamato..." he looked around the room with curiosity. "Sui-chan, what are you working on?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 pm 

"Hm? You don't...oh" Suihime paused, then moved quickly over to one piece of paper, pulling it out from the pile and placing it down, starting to draw something that was in her mind...or write something...it wasn't easy to tell as the calligraphy created something strange. She stopped after a moment, whispering to herself "what does it mean..."

A few moments later, she blinked, and blushed as she looked up at her brother.

"Ah...forgive me. I assume you have not heard about the...incident today."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 pm 

"I spent my morning dealing with the Yamoto and the afternoon exploring snake people ruins." he shook his head. "What else has happened?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 pm 

"It was a busy day, ne?" Suihime sat down, her writing all around her, placing a cushion nearby so Edogawa could sit. "There was a commotion in the morning; I'm not sure how it happened, but a lamp was kicked and landed in the middle of the square. Suddenly, a being rose from it; a Jinn. An actual Jinn, this far from the sands!" She laughed "it decided that myself and a few others that had stepped forward were to be tested. So, it tested us. We defeated it, but before it vanished...it chose beings that were worthy to receive a blessing. Myself, and Matsu Yasuhiro-san were chosen."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:45 pm 

"A Jinn?" he asked, sitting down. "What did it do to you?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm 

"Hai, Jinn. The children of the smokeless fire" Suihime nodded "as for what he did...well, it's all around me now. He gave me his memories, his knowledge. So much knowledge, so many languages, so much history...it's been a painful headache throughout the day, but I've found writing what I see to be the most helpful in this."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 pm 

Now he chuckled. "That sounds like my memories of Teodoro Cornejo's life. Hopefully, your experiences will be easier to understand than mine."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm 

Suihime shook her head. "I barely understand a word of it" she laughed "I'm writing down symbols and words in the hope that once I do understand the languages, I'll be able to correct. There are some though that I'm...I'm not certain I'm supposed to know. Some less savory subjects, that even though I don't understand the terms still fill me with dread."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 pm 

"I am luckier in that than, as I understand the language." he smiled. "It's the context that's given me difficulties. It is hard to piece it all together. When I do, the revelations can be dangerous."

"There are things I should tell you, Sui-chan."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:18 pm 

"We really should work together more, I am usually quite good with context" Suihime said with a smile, although her look went more curious as he continued. "I hope all is ok Edo-kun?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 pm 

"I think everything is fine. My situation may be improving." he nodded. "But, it seems like we are in the middle of some significant things. I told mother everything I knew before we left, hoping she could shield both of you from the shame of my actions. It has become clearer, however, that her advice doesn't apply well to things out here. We're better off, I think, helping each other. That is especially true considering how close we both are to Hantei-no-kimi."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 pm 

There was a frown. "I had thought perhaps you would avoid me because of the incident at the garden party. It seems though, that there is more at stake than I knew of." she took a moment, closing her eyes for a few moments before opening them and saying "what has happened?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next