Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Nice Place You Have Here (Day 8, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm 

"Asahina-sama advised me to ignore mother's advice. As he put it, I had done so quite often before." he explained. "So, I spoke with Hantei-no-kimi, regarding his sister. He assured me that he didn't wish her harm and expressed a desire to meet with her. I've delivered that request, through her husband, but I do not know when or if they will actually meet."

He felt confidant that they were alone. Lopez was somewhere outside to warn him if she had another visitor. Even so, he lowered his voice. "They are both tied to this island, Sui-chan, as their father was before them, and their grandfather. I believe Hantei-no-kimi is here seeking something his grandfather was involved with. I have memories of something called Xantellados. It involved Teodoro Cornejo and others of the Tortoise and Merenae, perhaps more. Teodoro's son, Ricardo, was also likely involved, before he sailed back to Rokugan, to take his mother's place on the Throne."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm 

Suihimes eyes widened at her brothers words. She had seen plenty of things that were hard to believe in the last 8 hours, but this...took the cake.

"You mean...what you said at the party..." Suihime closed her eyes, and shook her head "there is a sister?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 pm 

He nodded, continuing to speak softly. "Her name is Katarina. I met her a year ago, when she came to Dragon's Guard hoping to find her father. I did not discover who he was until after she had sailed away. She is the Emperor's eldest child. The Empress called him back to the Empire before she was born, but he did leave her his sword, a Merenaese one I remember holding in my previous life."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 am 

"This...is a troubling development. I cannot see the traditionalist clans accepting this at all " Suihime was already struggling to accept it. "Why try to find her? If she does not know, and she returned home without learning of it, then there was no need."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm 

"It was always possible that she'd come back, or that someone would go looking for her." he shrugged. "She might also have continued looking into it he. I have met one, possibly two people who knew the Emperor when he was still Don Ricardo Cornejo. However, I don't think Hantei-no-kimi was specifically looking for her out here. I think he sees an opportunity to meet her and gain her support, though."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 pm 

"Are you certain that is his intent?" Suihime asked, unsure, her doubts playing up again "forgive me, but bringing her into the fold would just put His Grace even further back, would it not?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 pm 

"Perhaps, but if she were willing to support his claim over her own, it might help. Additionally, she arguably has stronger influence out here. She may be able to help him gain whatever he's really looking for out here." he suggested. "Regardless, he's countermanded mother's directive that I kill her."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 pm 

"I see" Suihime nodded, unconvinced. "I cannot imagine she is difficult to find. Those who have links to the Throne stand out. Where is she?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:01 pm 

"She and her husband have a tavern in La Nueva Esperanza." he answered. "I haven't spoken to her myself, yet. But, I watched them perform together."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 pm 

"You watched her? So Hantei-denka would know where to find her, and we can move on past this" Suihime said with a small frown.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:20 pm 

"I am sure he knew soon after we arrived." he shrugged. "They will speak at some point. However, there is something else he's looking for. I don't know yet what it is, but I think it may be an alliance of some sort that Teodoro had formed with other Merenaese families."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:43 am 

"That gives me very little to go on" Suihime said, frown remaining "and it links back to Hawthorne also?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:50 pm 

"I'm not sure about that." he shrugged. "Hawthorne was aware of these islands prior to meeting Cornejo. He's actually the one who brought their fleets here. We don't really know Anything else about him. But, whatever Teodoro was doing could have involved him. Anger towards him and a thirst for vengeance and justice was certainly there. I've felt that."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:35 am 

Suihime sighed. "What have you got yourself into, big brother..." she shook her head "how can I assist, to help remove some of these burdens from your shoulders?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 pm 

"I'm not sure." he admitted. "Buy, knowing that you are now aware of things is helpful itself. You've always been supportive, even when I didn't deserve it. I am grateful for that. Now, it's my turn. Tell me what's been happening to you and how I might help."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am 

"If I am entirely honest, dear brother, the only thing that's happened to me was the incident with the Jinn. All the attracting danger seems to have been in your side of the gene pool" she said with a teasing smile "and on that matter, all I can do is write down what I learn, passing whatever is useful onto Hantei-denka and working out what it all means. You however, appear to have a large amount on your plate, and much like before all the knowledge is in my gene pool" she laughed, before looking serious again "have you got some assistance this time, or are you facing things alone?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 pm 

"Just keep me informed, if you hear anything that might interest me." he replied. "Teodoro met with the Moto in Aqahba before he crossed the sea and likely after. The more I learn about the things he did, the easier it may be to understand what he was planning."

Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2