Login FAQ  
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Leaves Blazing Brightly (The Promenade Day-3 Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:07 am 

The Kakita thanked the man at the stall before she continued to walk looking at the bright leaves of the trees. Between the lanterns and the near full moon there was enough light to still take them in. She nibbled at the first of her dango as her geta clacked along the path.

How pleasantly serene... hmmm...

Carries: Daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

Post subject: Re: Leaves Blazing Brightly (The Promenade Day-3 Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:36 am 

Autumn Beginning
The Light of the Moon Shines Bright
Guiding the Voyage

Anzai mused as he walked the promenade. His eyes looking about the vibrancy of the leaves. How fitting, that the trees changed and adapted to the climate as needed.

A valuable lesson for all.

His hands were tucked into the sleeves of his kimono, still expertly dressed. His mask afixed his face. As he slowly walked the path, through the gathered masses going about their evening activities, he seemed to not pay too much attention.

At least, until he found himself looking forwards. The short, white hair. As he drew closer, he could see the green of her eyes. He couldn't forget those.

"Otsuka-ch..." He paused before he got too far, remembering the place, "Kakita-san. It's good to see you again."

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 am 

Onnotangu leers;
A vast parade of gaily dressed youths;
Awaiting their fall.

She spun the dango stick between her thumb and forefinger. No... the wording in the middle isn't quite perfect-

A familiar voice popped her out of her musings. Glancing back she recognized her college classmate. "Shosuro-san, it has been since winter has it not? Come to see the ships off?" she asked curiously.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 am 

"Yes. Since Court." He smiled at her, bowing his head slightly. He had been part of the Scorpion retinue, wordplay and etiquette as deadly as the Kakita's Daisho. He had come out of that with great promise, and an assignment that led him here.

'I will be travelling with the ships. There are many opportunities that my clan wishes to see to fruition. I'll be seeing that they do." There was a hint of pride to his words, not so much for himself, but for the Duty laid before him. "And you? An unexpected surprise to see you, but a welcome one."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am 

"Mmm," she nodded solemnly, "I also plan on sailing with the ships. It... seems a worthwhile cause. Hopefully I will be of some use to my clanmates on board. I understand a number of artisans are among the crew which should offer some familiar ground." She smirked adding, "Once there is no real ground beneath our feet that is."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:50 am 

"I've heard much of the same. I'm sure your clanmates are grateful to have you aboard, should it be necessary." He stepped closer to the Kakita, taking a position next to her. "Would you mind me joining you for a stroll along the promenade?" He'd match her smirk with an easy grin, the flash of his miscolored eye caught in the dim lighting of the moon and lanterns.

"It probably won't be as lively as Shining Light. Until we reach the gaijin lands. From what I've been told, life at sea can be rather monotonous. And with space at a premium, I'm sure we'll have to branch out to things that normally are not within our purviews. Hopefully the kaze will be at our backs, and the kami guiding us through steady seas."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm 

She nodded. "You are welcome Shosuro-san," she said tugging off the last of the dango, "Leaf watching is always better with company... and sake. Now where is that stall?" She let out a little giggle.

"Hai, I can only hope the trip is quicker than expected and the destination all the grander. What a shame it would be if we built these grand ships only to discover tribes of goat herders, ne?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm 

"Could be worse. We could find kaiju or other monsters." He grinned broadly, watching the Kakita finish her snack. "There might not be a stall, but we could find something a little less reputable to sit down and share some."

Teasing hinted in his voice, the Scorpion turned to face the Crane. "If it wouldn't blemish that white hair of yours.'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm 

"Intercepting a monster would help the Empire. Can you imagine convincing the Hida that this money shouldn't have been spent on jade for them if all we find are goats?" she laughed, "Bring on the sea monsters."

"Hmmm, that could work..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 pm 

Her exuberance was infectious. The normally stoic Anzai found himself softening around her, the smile more jovial than arrogant. "Well, we certainly do want to justify the expense, Kakita-san."

Starting to walk with her, slowly, beneath the leaves and lanterns. The sound of the crowds mingling with the night. Looking for a tucked away sake house, something off the maun promenade.

"Anything new for you since Court?" He asked, voice quiet, just for her to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 pm 

"Beyond deciding to join this? Hmmm, my mother has been asking me if any of the courtiers I championed for last winter were single or had eligible daughters. So I guess marrying my brother off is her new priority," she gave a little shrug, "I am sure that is worth more to you than me. How about yourself?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:45 am 

"I suppose." He wasn't dismissive of the statement, more trying to read between the lines. From her angle, she'd mainly catch his miscolored green eye from beneath his mask. He'd keep his head turned slightly, his attention on her. "Mothers do have a way of wishing the best for their sons." The smile was softer, warmer.

"Other than this, been focused on court subjects at home. Selected for this with my diligent study of the Merenaese language. No prospects on that front for myself. But that doesn't worry me." He almost seemed to direct that to the Kakita, but the tone was gone as quickly as it was there.

It didn't take long to find the sake house. The sound of revelry from inside emanating outwards. "Last chance to back out. I'd understand if you haven't drank as much since school..." Again the grin turned wicked.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:07 am 

"Mmm, that is my experience," she nodded as he talked of mothers. So very much.

"Oh! You speak one of the gaijin tongues. I did not know that," she said with surprise, "Interesting..."

And then they arrived at the sake house. "Oh-ho~! You act as though duelists never drink after a victory," she smirked, "I have had some very nice bottles of sake with courtier's I have championed."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:42 am 

I'm sure my mother would...

"Yes. I began studying towards the end of our time at Shining Light. I apologize for not telling you at Court." He looked about as they walked in, seeing the celebrations about. While normally not his cup of tea, time below societal expectations could be quite enjoyanle.

"Then let's see how you fair against a courtier who you'd have to stand against. Not that I would wish such a thing."

Grabbing a small corner table, Anzai would order a bottle to share. He'd leave the sest choice to her. Across, or beside.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 am 

"Ah, well, I am not sure I'd be too keen to drink with a courtier I am to stand against. Well, maybe given some time depending on what was at stake," she waved it off, "Sorry, the last few months have involved a lot of hypothetical scenarios. I guess it is becoming a habit."

She smiled at the choice of table. An interesting gambit. She could sit beside him, sit beside him, or sit across from him and have no idea what was going on. She'd give him what he wanted then. She sat down slowly beside him on his right side, furthest from the stinger he painted on his cheek, giving him a chance to look.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 am 

"Then I am most grateful you'll be drinking with an old friend." Though now he was very curious as to what those hypotheticals were. Of course, presented the opportunity, he would take that chance to look.

He felt like he was at Shining Light again. They had stood in opposition through their courtier classes. Competing for recognition.

She was beyond a worthy opponent.

"Have you had to champion many? Anyone I know?" His sister, Hayumi, had married into Crane, which had created an interesting wedding to attend a few years prior.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:39 am 

She gave a little chuckle as much at his brief ogling as his question. "A few over the winter. Most of them were against that Yasuki's Hiruma yojimbo over minor slights. I think either his daimyo had ordered him to be a bother for our delegation or he didn't like his yojimbo. Oh, and one against that creepy Yogo in your delegation. The leering one that smelt of garlic."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:53 am 

"Ah, yes. I remember now." If there was shame to be had in his gaze, it was conspicuously absent. He briefly recalled the Yogo in question. "A credit to your skill. You appear unblemished by blade, and stand before us all today. Your family must be very proud." He was genuinely sincere as he spoke to her, a hint of amusement at that thought.

Because who could tell when a Scorpion was truly sincere.

He hoped she could.

"As of yet, I've not slighted anyone, or been slighted enough to call upon a yojimbo. Still plenty of time in my career for that. I'll take great care to ensure I don't to any of your patrons."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:12 pm 

She smiled, "I have a few old ones from training here and there. The little marks from first blood duels tend to be easy to lose track of. As for courtiers not taking slights, well, I have a feeling that slights become more apparent when you have duelists at your back. I've been in a duel over the order served in a tea ceremony before." She chuckled.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:37 pm 

"I'm sure easier for someone else to keep track of, Kakita-san." He gave her a certain look with the words, as a server dropped a bottle of sake and two small ceramic cups.

Anzai took the bottle, pouring a cup for Otsuka first, and then setting the serving vessel down, allowing her the opportunitt to complete the ritual.

"What shall we drink to?"

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next