Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: Avenues and alleyways. (Day -1 Morning, The Markets)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 am 

The time to leave was fast approaching, soon enough Yasuhiro would be on board ship sailing to some kami forsaken place to deal with a bunch of Gaijin. He knew there was no going back now, and mostly he had accepted it. He was still a little wary though.

It was why he was down in the markets so early. He wanted to be certain that he hadn't forgotten anything he might need on the coming journey.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Avenues and alleyways. (Day -1 Morning, The Markets)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 pm 

Something missing, something's always missing. Kuuru scoured the Markets, every booth, every vendor, not exactly sure about what he was looking for. Metal? No. Ceramics? Ach, no. More paper? Hmm. Maybe.
Stranded deep in his thoughts, he did not notice the Lion samurai in front of him. Kuuru narrowly avoided the collision and froze for a moment before apologizing (an idea? No... It escaped.)
"Hrm. My apologies, I wasn't looking."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 am 

Lucky enough Yasuhiro was always rather aware of his surroundings, so even if the crab hadn't avoided the collision he certainly would have. Either way with streets as busy as these, things like this happened on occasion so the lion waved away the apology.

"It happens to us all from time to time, especially with streets as busy as this Crab-sama. There is no need to apologize."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm 

Kuuru nodded, somewhat absentmindedly. "May I ask what you are looking for, Lion-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 pm 

"Nothing in particular honestly, I'm more trying to determine if there is anything I've forgotten." Yasuhiro offered, his eyes moving across the entrances to the different shops.

"I don't want to be caught lacking in the coming trip."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm 

"Trip? Are you to join the First Voyage as well? Well in any case I must sympathise. I too am looking for anything I might've forgotten."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:50 pm 

"Yes, I am." He's going to protect all the idiots! His grandmother declared triumphantly, followed soon after by a rather undignified giggle. Yasuhiro stopped himself from rolling his eyes, deciding to introduce himself to the crab instead.

"I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, of the Imperial Marines."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm 

Kuuru gave a small wry smile.
"Bushi eh? Well I'm glad we have capable warriors with us on this journey then."
He paused, scanning the young Lion, before introducing himself. "My name is Kaiu Kuuru. I am an Engineer, an inventor and a pilgrim."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am 

"Pilgrim?" It seemed a strange way for the crab to refer to himself. Though perhaps he should of dismissed it. It really wasn't his business after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 pm 

Kuuru's smile widened. "Yes! A Pilgrim on the road of knowledge! I am embarking on this voyage to learn all that I can, both within myself and without."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm 

There was a moment of silence from the Lion as he tried to process what he just heard. It seemed like a awfully selfish thing for a samurai to say, but then his lord must have approved his participation.

"I see... Was there a particular kind of knowledge you were after then Kaiu-sama?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm 

Kuuru nodded excitedly, speaking in a rapid fashion. "Practical knowledge! Engineering, physics, chemistry, the natural laws! Everything and anything I can use to create new machines and disciplines. It is an age of discovery and I am determined to make the most of it for my clan! And all other clans for that matter."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 am 

"Well.." He paused for a moment. "It seems you quite a lot of work ahead of you then." That was honestly all he could think of to say. "Is that why you are in the markets today? To procure more paper for all the notes you will need to take?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 pm 

Kuuru nodded, a quizzical look on his face. "Yes that is one of the things I must procure. But I think there is something else as well..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm 

"Well, I'm after a bit of paper myself. So if you we can go look together, perhaps we'll be able to point out things the other missed like that?" It might not work out, but it was better then wandering the streets alone, and the strange Kaiu didn't seem to mind his presence.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:37 pm 

Kuuru's eyes lit up. "Yes, what a great idea! I'm sure we can find something here..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:49 pm 

"Feel free to lead the way then." The young Lion offered, gesturing down the street. The Crab might not be his superior in status, but he was a good deal older. Something that deserved at least a little respect.

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]