Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D-3 M] Fizz in the Morning [the Sweet Nook]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 pm 

The ronin who called herself Ran found herself in the Dragon's Pan early this first morning, and after spending time spiralling this way and that, examining the carts that offered goods, she found herself within a confectionery called the Sweet Nook.

She had never seen so many varieties of sweets in her life, and her brown eyes were currently the size of saucers as she made her selections to fill a small box. She was also working on speaking to the owner, in hopes to secure a room behind the shop that she could bunk in. It was going well. She gave many compliments on the look of the Wagashi and Daifuku, they were equally adorable and exquisite little pieces of perfection.

Small box filled with colourful dipped treats, she then noticed the fizzy drinks available. She did not understand what "fizz" was, but she was open to trying anything once, and so asked for a green apple and matcha fizzy tea drink.

Ran found herself a small table, and lowered herself to sit. Her freckled expression absolutely intrigued and excited by what was found within this shop.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [D-3 M] Fizz in the Morning [the Sweet Nook]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 am 

Ringo decides that he is going to need some sugar early this morning to give his mind and body a kick start. He arrives at the Sweet Nook and being a bit more familiar with the eatery, chooses a small assortment of pastries and gets a drink. He notices a ronin on her own and decides to approach her. He offers her a polite bow.

"Ohayo samurai-san. May I interest you in some company? I hear that it makes sweets taste sweeter." He comments as he notes some of her features. The freckles are of interest. Not that he is in any position to comment on strange appearances.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:16 pm 

She looks up.

And up and up and up.

Finally her gaze reaches the Crab's face, and she pauses at his eyes. Slightly put off, but he seems amicable. She is hesitant.

"Please, sit. This one is called Ran. Are you familiar with fizzy drinks? What can I expect?" she seemed so very intrigued by the drink itself and its bubbles, she had not gotten around to actually drinking it yet.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:56 pm 

Ringo nods. "I am Hida Ringo. Engineering student at the Imperial Naval College. A pleasure to meet you Ran-san." He accepts the invitation and sits down.

He thinks on how to explain it to her. "They are still a bit new to me as well. From what I understand, they somehow put air into the drink to make it fizzy like this. So I guess that makes these drinks multi-elemental. I do not know the exact process/method/magic that they use to make this though. It seems to be a trade secret."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm 

"Heh," she gave a tepid smile when he sat, and regarded the drink.

When she sipped, the bubbles touched her nose and it wrinkled, freckles folding in on one another.

"If it's magic, it's one I wish to learn. These confections are ...adorable. I had never thought about making sweets before, but I want to know everything now."

Ran quirked her head at the Hida. "Engineering? What's that like?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 am 

"Ke ke ke." Ringo lets out a light chuckle as he watches the ronin's antics. "Perhaps the true magic behind them is that they remain a mystery? Though I am no shugenja so perhaps my opinion is not substantial enough."

He smiles and puts up a finger. As if drawing attention to it. "The sweets here were already good a year ago. Since the creation of the Imperial Explorers and all the high ranking Imperials moving in they have really stepped up their game. Well a lot of the places around here have to be honest."

At her question he smiles widely. "It's great. Nothing beats the joy of creating something."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:40 pm 

Ran shook her head playfully, and opened the box, turning the collection toward the Hida for him to take a piece of wagashi. Her expression implied she would insist.

"No, I do not believe anything should remain unknown. While there is a wonder in being marvelled, I believe I need to know how to make these."

She had another sip of the fizzy drink, acclimating to its unusual property and she could taste the green apple better now. "This is really different." Ran smiled back at the Hida.

"I have earned my way using my hands, usually helping in the construction of ships, lately, or mapping for captains as they travel. I am always looking for more substantial skills to learn to aid me in my own travels, however."
She paused, considering.
"So you explore building things for the empire?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 pm 

"Thank you." Ringo accepts her offer and takes one of the wagashi and puts it in his mouth. Chewing it slowly to experience the flavour.

He nods at her determination. "It sounds like you are pretty skilled in the crafts. Very uncommon to find people skilled in various different trades." He nods. "I suppose that makes it easier for you to find employment."

He nods again at her question. "That is correct. Though my focus has been on the gaijin cannon technology. I wish to use it to implement in Crab siege weaponry. I am certain that it will go a long way in saving Crab lives."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:33 am 

She smiled. And she nodded.

"It does. It serves me now to be a jack of all trades, but eventually there are things I should master, nei? Wide is the cast net to catch the most fish, or some such thing."

She blinked.

"Cannons?! That sounds exciting! ...And loud."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 am 

Ringo nods. "Well specializing can get you higher pay. Assuming you have a skill that is in demand I suppose."

He chuckles a bit. "Yes, that are rather loud. Maybe not loud enough to drown out a Crab army singing perhaps." Was that a joke? It seems like it was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:57 pm 

She smiled. "I have many skills. Whether or not they are in demand is open to debate. But I am young, and there is time. There is still so much to learn." She was confident, and it made her brown eyes shine, crease at their edges.

"So is that what you expect to encounter on this trip we're about to embark on? Learning of new technologies in order to better protect the Empire?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am 

Ringo nods. "That is true. There is much to learn. Especially if one keeps their mind open to new ideas. I hope to improve my skills as well."

"There is that. Meeting new people and perhaps discovering new land in the name of the Emperor has a certain appeal to it as well. What are you thinking or hoping to find out there Ran-san?" He takes a sip of his fizzy drink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm 

She smiled, big, "Anything! Everything under the golden touch of Lady Ameraterasu, I want to know about. All the things."

She popped a piece of Daifuku into her mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 am 

Ringo chuckles at that. "You are a very inquisitive person Ran-san. I guess the Imperial Explorers is definitely the place for you. What will you do with all that knowledge once we return?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 pm 

"There are things... I'd like to accomplish... Not all of them have to do with obtaining knowledge, that's more a side perk," Ran smiled, quirking her lips to one side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:19 am 

Ringo nods. "Sounds like you have a lot of goals for the future. I wish you luck with them. If you don't mind my asking, what is one of your goals?"

A short pause. "Aside from accumulating knowledge."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:41 pm 

Her eyes went wide for a moment and she sipped her fizzy drink. Wrinkling her nose when her lips released the straw. It would take some getting used to.

"I think... belonging. I enjoy travelling, but I have done so much of it. I realize we are about to embark on an expedition- which is more traveling- and being thrust into the unknown. But a goal of mine, one day, is to have somewhere to call home."

Ran smiled to herself, thoughtful.

"And you, Hida-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:57 am 

"An easy solution to that will be to get married Ran-san. Then you'll have a home to go back to." Ringo makes what he thinks is good suggestion.

"I believe I mentioned it before but I wish to study more of the gaijin technology and then use it to protect the Crab and thereby the rest of the Empire." He answers and then sips his drink.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:50 pm 

"Marriage?" It's obviously evident on the ronin's features that that was something that was completely left field, she had not considered, and that the Hida's simple words awoke in her a whole new compartment to think about. "...huh."

"And yes, you did mention that. But what else? You're Crab, yes, but you can't be all about guns and cannons, can you?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm 

Ringo nods at the marriage point. "Marriage is a duty of a samurai after all. For the Crab, if we don't get married by 21 years then the Clan just arranges one for us. Being with the Imperial Explorers, I imagine that your prospects will be within sight too."

He ponders her question for a moment. "Well I have some other projects too. Aside from that... I suppose I found some enjoyment in singing from last year."

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next