Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: Sushi Seashells By the Seashore [Sushi, Baka! D-3 E]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:58 am 

Looking for something lighter to compliment the sugar rich brunch his had this morning, Ringo stops by Sushi, Baka! After he steps inside and waits for a servant to show him to the table, he reminisces when this place used to be equivalent of cheap street food. How times change in as a little as a year.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: Sushi Seashells By the Seashore [Sushi, Baka! D-3 E]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:30 pm 

A Seppun entered the sushi shop with a majestic high born attitude and pride that clearly separated herself from the rest of the people here. Servants bowed to hercontinuously showing her the path were she can sat and try the house's specialty. The place was a bit busy, so the patron apologized for not offering her a private room. She raised her hand in a sign that she didn't care.

Actually, Hinami was starving and wanted to eat something.

She was rather young, but moved around like she was the most powerful person around there. Probably she was. She noticed the inmense mass of muscles that was the Crab samurai on one of the other tables. She ignored him, as someone of her rank would had done, not out of lack of respect, but because that was expected from someone of her lineage.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:32 pm 

Noticing the Imperial woman he offers her a deep bow. "Konbawa Seppun-sama. I am Hida Ringo. Engineering student at the Imperial Naval College. If you are looking to have your rice perhaps we may share a table since it seems pretty busy in here." He offers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:01 pm 

Hinami turned to look at the gigantic Crab, she also took out her fan and opened it to cover her mouth. '' Seppun Hinami, daughter of Seppun Kentoshi-dono.'' She presented herself with a very slight bow and a dry tone, emphasising in who her father is.

He must be stupid, or very brave, to come and ask to share a table with someone like me. Hinami thought as she inspected the Crab. Oh, well. I suppose I could teach this crab some manners and etiquette...

'' Of course, Hida Ringo-san. I would be honored to share my table with an Imperial naval student. '' She said, her On neutral.

Perhaps he knows something about Hantei's-no-kimi voyage.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:36 am 

Ringo nods. "It is a pleasure Seppun-sama." A servant comes by and shows them to their table. He waits for Hinami to take a seat first before sitting down.

"I do not recall seeing you around before. Did you just arrive recently?" He asks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 am 

Maybe he is deaf? Did he not understood who am I?... oh well, as expected from a crab... Hinami thought as she sat at the same table. She was trying to avoid looking at the man directly. He was handsome, yes, but his eye...that eye was not a symbol of good omens. She used her fan to cover her lips and she tried to look to a side.

'' Just now. I came from Otosan Uchi. '' She said, again with a dry tone. There was a pause, a long pause. '' I came here for Hantei's-denka voyage. '' Hinami still does not look the Crab directly.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 am 

Ringo nods at the information. "I have not been in the capital before but I hear it is quite grand. This place has gone under quite the transformation in the past year. I hope it lives up to your standards Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:08 pm 

Of course, only people of importance are allowed in the capital...

'' It has been appropiate. '' She said with a neutral tone, still looking to a side. For now the city has lived to her expectations, but she wouldn't say that publicly. Her On must be perfect.

Then again a long awkward silence. She waited for the shop patron to bring the sushi to the table.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm 

"This restaurant has undergone quite the change as well. It had become very upscale after the Imperial Explorers set up in the city." Ringo explains a bit as they wait for their sushi.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 am 

'' I see. '' She said.

The long, long awkward silence returned again.

Finally after several minutes, Hinami broke that silence. '' What do you know of Hantei's-denka voyage? You are a student of the Imperial Colleges, surely you must know something, right, Hida Ringo-san?''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 am 

Ringo thinks about that for a moment. "Hmm... not much I'm afraid. Not many people know anything about what is outside of our Empire. Well I guess that is the whole point of the Imperial Explorers."

He studies her for a moment. "I honestly thought you may know more given your connections and such. Just to confirm, you are coming on the voyage with us Seppun Hinami-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 am 

'' So what you are trying to say is that i'm so 'unimportant' that nobody tells me anything, eh?'' She said, clearly feeling a bit insulted by Ringo's last comment.

Before the man could reply she asnwered his own question.

'' Yes, i'm a part of Hantei's-denka voyage. So, what will you do with that information? what you wanted to confirm? '' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 pm 

"You are far more important that I Seppun-sama. I have no idea where we are going and I'm part of the voyage." Ringo comments.

"I merely wish to convey that I will be looking forward to working with you in the future as we journey off into the unknown." He replies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 pm 

'' Hmmm. I see '' She said.

Suddenly the itamae of the sushi shop appeared and gave an almost reverencial bow to Hinami, and a lesser one to the Crab. Then several servants arrived with all the different plates of sushi.

The itamae offered the council to taste them in a certain order, so as to increase the tastes each and every one of their sushi offered. Hinami made a silent prayer and then observed the sushi for any mistake. They look good.

She then observed the Crab. '' Well, are you going to eat or not, Hida Ringo-san?'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 am 

"Ah, of course. Ittadakimasu." Ringo lets Hinami steer the conversation and gives thanks for the food.

He tries one of the sushi and savours the flavour in his mouth. He offers a smile. "So is there something you are looking forward to on this voyage Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm 

Hinami ate some of the sushi. She was literally etiquette incarnate. Slowly and gently, she enjoyed the sushi like the itamae counciled her. She ignored Ringo's question for now as she was going to give her veredict.

'' Hmm, this is appropiate. '' She said. Of course, appropriate meant good in formal language. The itamae bowed to her grateful for the Seppun daimyo's daughter good judgement.

She then sipped from her cup of tea. Calmly. She was truly enjoying this.

'' ... ''

Now, after all the eating ritual she looked at the Crab.

'' To expand our noble and glorious civilized culture to the barbarians. This land is the domain of the Son of Heavens, his light must be brought to those lands that remain in the shadow of ignorance. '' She answered his question.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 am 

Ringo considers that as he eats some sushi. "I do you think that the gaijin will so easily accept our civilized culture considering that they are lower than eta?" He asks. "They are barbarians after all."

Last edited by Hida Ringo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:42 am 

'' If they don't kneel to the superiory of the Son of Heavens then we must purge them.'' She said calmly. '' But I don't believe we should stay in their lands, less they start corrupting our way with their gaijin cultures and they destroy the Celestial Order. But as long as they pay homage to the Divine Emperor and we leave the Mantis and Tortoise clans to deal with them, I don't see a problem.'' She said.

Afterall the Tortoise and Mantis are barely better than peasants. She thought

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:25 pm 

Ringo nods. "That is a pragmatic approach. Though if we need to purge them, I suppose it will be our job to gauge their military strength."

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]