Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Swagger (Day -1 Night, House of the Smiling Carp)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:40 am 

"Hai, yes, anything; I am the eternal student wanderer, always looking to learn whatever my superiors would deem willing to teach this one. I specialize in weather forecasting and thermodynamics, but I am fascinated by the very vessels that will be carrying us abroad."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 am 

"Have either of you spent much time on a ship? Or is this going to be a new experience for you." Yasuhiro asked, deciding to change the topic as a few of the words they used were ones he didn't recognize.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 pm 

"I have too!" she expressed, indignant, and frowned some. "Lots, actually, up and down and back again along the coast of Rokugan. Navigating and forecasting weather for many captains."
Ran huffed, and her grip on her sake cup tightened.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 pm 

Kenzo cleared his throat. "Not entirely a new experience. Two times, I've traveled by sea. So not quite my first time, no."

He looked at Ran, smiling at her irritation towards the Lion. "That is pretty impressive." He said, his tone mild. "There's a certain amount of overlap between our studies, given how weather can affect migratory patterns. But still, very impressive. Wouldn't you say so, Matsu-san?" He said, flashing a quick smile in the Lion's direction.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 am 

"Fairly." Yasuhiro agreed with a nod. It wasn't likely the very that the dragon was looking for, but at least it was something. It likely explained how she actually made ends meet as well.

"It seems like you will bring a large range of skills to the table on this journey Ran-san."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 pm 

She nodded kindly to the Dragon, "Hai, we seem to be very similar, I look forward to discovering where else we may overlap," then to the Lion, her smile turned more toothy, more forced.
"I have found in my experience it is better to know the basics of many things. It is my hope that with this voyage, I can find my niche, and become a master."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am 

Yasuhiro nodded along with the woman's words, she almost sounded like a proper samurai. "Well, good luck in your endeavors then Ronin-san. Perhaps if you become truly skilled you might find yourself a member of a clan one day." Likely a minor clan, but at least that was something.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am 

At that, Kenzo raised his eyebrows, looking at the Ronin.

"Is that what you aspire to, Ronin-san?" He asked, his tone interested. "It is true that greater resources would be available to you. But I cannot fault someone for wanting to walk their own path, either."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 am 

Ran's forced smile to the Lion faltered at his words. Her lips twitched, and she cleared her throat. "Yes. Joining a clan would be ...a goal of mine."

She shrugged her shoulders slightly and lifted her cup to the Dragon then as he spoke. "It is a path I walk, but no path goes on forever. Eventually, I will find my journey's end."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 am 

Kenzo smiled, lifting his cup in turn. "That's certainly true. I find myself rather hoping that we find our paths travelling in parallel for a time. In part because I'm curious to see the trajectory of yours." He inclined his head before drinking.

He sighed pleasantly. "I suppose all our paths will run together, for a time, on this voyage. Very much together. Tight quarters." He shook his head, smiling, as he took another sip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:05 am 

Yasuhiro noticed the small twitch in her lips, as Ran faltered, but decided not to comment. Merely tucking the bit of information away for another day. "To a degree." Yasuhiro offered in return. "We could all be on different boats after all, and who knows what that might mean."

"We could be in those tight quarters with a bunch of people we haven't even met yet."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 pm 

"Assuming we end up on the same vessel. I myself am still shopping around, as it were."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:54 pm 

"Trying to decide which of the vessels you like the most then?" Yasuhiro asked, raising a eyebrow. "I suspect who the captain ends up being will effect your choice then?" He was likely only going to go where he was assigned. Wherever that might be.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo said. "You've both sailed more than I have. How are these things usually organized? An even distribution of skills?" His lips pressed together. "I hope there's some flexibility."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:08 am 

"Something like that, hai," much of her candor of earlier was snuffed out, the freckled ronin seemed to have heavy thoughts, and her gaze drifted back to the Dragon, finding his face appealing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 am 

"Honestly this is something new as well, so it's a bit hard to say how exactly it will go. Crew could conceivably pick people passed on any number or things. Skill is only one of those." He moved to refill his cup of sake. "I wouldn't be surprised if political leanings, and status have a few things to do with it as well."

Merenaese

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3