Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: An ar-tea-stic Time (D-2 Morning)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:24 pm 

After finishing her walk, which involved a frustrating moment involving a merchant that spoke no rokugani and a harbour worker that spoke no Yobanjin, Suihime decided she needed to enjoy some lovely sights, and some tea. She made her way to one of the better tea houses in the area, one that beautiful paintings along the walls, and after getting some Iron Benten tea she sat close to the window. The ocean was visible from the tea house, which Suihime enjoyed more than the lovely paintings, but the relaxing scene in general did much to calm herself after the mornings annoyances.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Post subject: Re: An ar-tea-stic Time (D-2 Morning)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:12 pm 

Stepping into the delightful little shop, Koharu set down a covered canvas and greeted the owners. A few polite words were exchanged after some nice small talk and enquiries. She was here to pick up some tea, but also asking if any new blends had arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:41 pm 

Suihime smiled politely as the serving lady brought over the tea, which caused her to notice the arrival of another friend. Suihime made a motion with her overly fancy fan to get Koharus attention, and with a smile invites her over.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm 

Oh It's Suihime-sama! Ducking her head a couple of times in greeting she shyly approached the table, bowing low to the Imperial when she was closer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 am 

Suihime rose, giving Koharu a bow. "I come to this lovely teahouse to find art, and instead come across a talented painter. It appears my morning has improved already. It's good to see you again Doji-san. I hope you are well? Would you join me? I always enjoy your company."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm 

"Ano, I'm honoured you hold me in such high regard Miya-sama. It would be my pleasure." Smiling a little shyly she moves to take a seat. Her tea leaves order could wait.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm 

Suihime sat after getting the attention of a serving girl to bring another cup. She poured Koharu a cup. "I hope Iron Benten blend is ok? I've become quite fond of it" Suihime took a small sip from her cup before putting it down. "How have you been? Please accept my apology in the slowness of my letters; I travelled so much in the last year that the poor herald delivering the letters to me must have struggled" there was a small chuckle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm 

"Very. Arigatou gozaimasu." She replied first, approving of the choice of tea.

As the conversation continued she fiddled with the hair ornament she was wearing. A simple adjustment. "Good, thank you Miya-sama. There's no need to apologise. You're busy and doing important work for the Empire. I'm happy with each letter you write me."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 pm 

"You're too kind Doji-san. I take all my letters quite seriously, so I'm never happy when I'm delayed from sending them. Even if the excuse is being nowhere near lands to be able to send it. I had intended to send out my most recent letter this morning actually, so it's fortunate that we found one another here, otherwise there would be a rather confused herald delivering you a letter with me standing nearby" she chuckled "what have you been doing since we last spoke?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 am 

With tea on the way she busied herself with sitting up straight and brushing one hand over the other under the rim of the table. "Mostly making arrangements to travel. The new ships are magnificent, ne? I've painted them of course. Eto, what else...? Ano, I also attended my cousin's marriage, but that was a few months back." I am so boring. In that moment Koharu wished she'd gone to a class on story telling. With plenty of time she could figure out a plot and characters, and write them, but in the moment about herself her mind seemed to go blank. "H-how about you Miya-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 am 

"I suspected the painting would have been by your hand, I recognised your lovely handiwork on them." She took a moment to prepare the tea, before continuing. "Other than delivering missives between Otosan Uchi, which involved most of my time, I assisted mother in arranging the marriage for Moshi Noriko-sama. Oh and I may have lead a voyage of my own..." she grinned "so I guess I have an advantage on most Explorers in that I've sailed a long journey now."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 pm 

I meant I made some paintings of them... what do I do? Koharu frets at the misunderstanding, but doesn't see an easy way to resolve it. Instead she lets the conversation flow on.

"Eto, where did you sail to Miya-sama?" The new topic interested her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 am 

"North" Suihime replied, taking a sip of her tea before adding "I lead a voyage out of our borders, to the Yobanjin trading hub of Fu Gang. An interesting place, quite different to our own hubs."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm 

The Doji nods, accepting her tea when it is ready. She still looks curious and stays quiet to allow Suihime to talk further.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 am 

"The homes are stacked up high, right on the edge of the river, and they're surrounded by trees. It seems quite close-knit, but I somehow doubt it...they are very dishonest people, even to those of importance like myself. Lies, deceit" Suhiime frowned "it surprised me that the Centipede are very openly trading with them, I saw one of their ships in the harbour."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 am 

"T-The Centipede?" The Crane almost spills her tea. "Eto... eto... I thought only the Tortoise and Mantis met many foreigners... the, ano, the yobanjin. They're to the north, ne?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am 

Suihime nodded. "Much further north. It was quite a journey, and I certainly did not expect to see the Centpiede. I don't think they expected to be seen either, which is why they've been quiet about it. I haven't spoken to Moshi-dono about it, but I would be surprised if she didn't know. Seems the minor clans are quicker to engage with the worlds outside Rokugan, a curious thing" she sipped her tea.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:51 am 

"Ano... there are always less eyes on them, ne?" Koharu points out, lifting her own cup and mimicking Suihime in taking a sip. She did enjoy the blend. Very refreshing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

"Very true, but they also have less resource. Or at least, one would expect them to..." Suihime mused thoughtfully "I also expected to see the Mantis, but it seems they have been trading elsewhere."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:19 pm 

"Perhaps we'll see them when the expedition begins." The Crane suggests politely. She was enjoying having the warm cup in her hands and hearing things from Suihime. While the Imperial's status and importance still intimidated her a little, Suihime didn't seem like a bad person. It certainly helped that she was a Miya and not an Otomo.

"W-what will be your position in the Explorers Miya-sama?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next