Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: An ar-tea-stic Time (D-2 Morning)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:48 pm 

"I don't think anyone has had their position decided, myself included. Moshi-dono and Hantei-denka will decide before the voyage I'm certain. I do hope to be considered at least" Suihime sipped her tea "I hear that you have found a role within the Explorers, Doji-san?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:03 pm 

"Hai." She dips her head respectfully. "Chief Taxonomist. I am to lead with efforts to record details of the flora and fauna we come across." She allowed her genuine excitement to seep into her voice. "Who knows what we'll discover with a concerted effort?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am 

"Well then, congratulations are in order" Suihime gave the woman a warm smile "I cannot think of anyone more suited to document the visuals that we encounter. Please let me know if I can assist in any way, I would both happy and honoured to do so."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am 

"You flatter me." Koharu replies quietly, shifting about a little as she was embarrassed by the high praise. "Ano, if you would like to practice your painting or learn some sculpture then... eto, if-if it's not too presumptuous of me Miya-sama. T-then some assistance, ano... ano, only at times. Some assistance would be nice." The Crane ventured awfully shyly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:37 pm 

"I actually have been practicing. Although, it's been more charcoal sketches than actual painting, it's helped a lot with the cartography I've been doing. Nothing special, just sketching the waves of the ocean. It's relaxing" Suihime nodded "I would be happy to assist where I can. When duties permit, of course."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:59 pm 

"Of course. Ano. Ano, I'd love to see your sketches Miya-sama." Her speed in returning to that topic underscored her enthusiasm, as did her smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 am 

"I haven't brought them with me sadly. If I had known you were around, I would have" Suihime dipped her head in apology "I spend most evenings by the beach drawing. It's peaceful, and nobody can see how bad I am" she chuckled "but I think I am improving. Drawing the waves challenges myself, as I only have a brief moment of watching them rise and fall to capture it to first memory, then onto paper."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:11 pm 

"It's fun though, ne? I used to do the same when I was younger." Koharu responds cheerfully, her smile growing. "It took me a while, but I found a trick to it - if you can learn to fully picture the motion and colours of the waves in your mind it really helps."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:00 pm 

"I've not been using paints; instead, I've been doing charcoal drawings. I want to ensure my skills are more improved before using paints again, and charcoal drawings create an interesting piece" Suihime offered, curios if the Doji had used charcoal for drawing before or only worked in paints

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 pm 

"I love charcoal, it's such a versatile medium. You can illustrate gently or harshly with it, and smudging it can create nice effects... even if it can get a little messy." Koharu comments with interest. "I have stocked some for the journey."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm 

"I have also" Suihime nodded, a smile growing "we will have to map the voyage in charcoal! Not that my work could ever compare to yours, so I hope you'll forgive my contribution being below standard, but it would be fun to draw what we see."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

"I can show you some tricks and techniques. It'll be fun." She offers positively. "Thank you. I'm looking forward to the voyage more now." She adds sincerely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 pm 

"I would welcome that, thank you" Suihime said warmly "thank you. I shall hope we are on the same ship then." She placed her cup down, and looked out of the window for a few moments before she spoke again. "Your company has been delightful as always Doji-san, but unfortunately I have things I need to do. Duty never waits, ne?"

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2