Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: A Random Encounter (D-1, Afternoon, The Wheel)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 pm 

Having ran some errands and given her painting to the shrine of Suitengu, Utsusemi was returning back to The Wheel with a few parcels tucked underneath one arm, while her free hand was holding the parasol that shielded her fine skin from the kiss of Lady Sun.

Outside the building, she spotted the cat that had claimed Sanjuro as its human, perching on an elevated spot to catch the warm rays of the sun and demand attention. Chuckling, she closed her parasol and shifted it into her other hand so she could offer the feline the petting it deserved. "Hm, he's not giving you any attention at all now, is he?" she spoke to the cat in a quiet tone, lips curling in a small smile. "That's alright. He doesn't like to pay attention to me either, so we have that in common, neko-sama."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: A Random Encounter (D-1, Afternoon, The Wheel)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 am 

Stopping by the Wheel, in case Sanjuro was there, Koharu set down her heavy easel, canvas and finally her bag of supplies. She was puffed out.

Spotting the familiar cat, but an unfamiliar Dragon, she hesitates in approaching the workshop-home and bows politely from a distance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 am 

Noticing the approach and the bow, Utsusemi straightened only to give the stranger a bow. Ah, now there is a face that makes me think of my Academy days. Such pretty Doji features it almost fails to stand out. Still, she smiled pleasantly. "Don't mind me, Doji-san. I was merely paying my respects to neko-sama before entering. Have you come seeking Sanjuro-san, perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:23 am 

"Konnichiwa." The Doji remained formal, noting the Dragon dyed her hair and... liked cranes. She was a little confused a moment and then she caught on. Sanjuro said his sister-in-law would be visiting, right? She smiled back, but suddenly looked a little nervous. "Ano... hai, eto, but if he's not in, ano, it can wait." Koharu dipped her head again. "It's really not that important." She mumbles quietly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 am 

The older woman regarded Koharu with an almost calculating gaze for a moment. She knew there was something Sanjuro wasn't telling her, and there had been some rumours going around of him and a Crane paramour... not that it was unusual for Sanjuro to avoid telling her such things, but it made sense in a few more ways now.

"I would not know if he is, as I just returned myself. But please, come inside and have some tea, at least," Utsusemi offered. "I am Agasha Utsusemi, sister-in-law to Sanjuro-san. It's not often I see him have friends come over to visit."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am 

Panic.

"E-eh... Ano... Ano..." She sucked in some air, looking flustered. "I would not want to intrude."

Don't Panic.

Koharu forced herself to calm down a little. The woman was just being polite. Rubbing her right hand over her left she smiled shyly. "I'm Doji Koharu, nice to meet you Asasha-sama." Koharu recalled that Sanjuro's brother was rather important, and so too therefore was his wife. "Eto..." She glances to the cat, which was watching them, and back to Utsusemi. "She likes a little fish in the afternoon." The painter goes on to reveal quietly about the white mischief maker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:46 am 

"Ah, does she?" she replied with a surprised smile, being the epitome of Doji grace in her manners. "We shall have to see if we can do something about that then."

Sliding the door open, The Wheel seemed quiet at the moment. Maybe Sanjuro was out on an errand, resting, or doing something else, she wondered. "Please, come in," Utsusemi nodded to the young visitor, allowing Koharu to enter first. "I would apologize for the odd smells, but I take it you have been here before and have become accustomed to it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:54 am 

Giving another bow, mentally scolded herself for her bad manners and for no-doubt making a terrible first impression, she moves to awkwardly gather her things. Walking gracefully was out of the question. However, she was a tough young Doji. She'd manage.

"Ano, thank you for having me. Please excuse me..." Stepping in she looked around politely, knowing it was the normal thing to do, moving in enough for Utsusemi to enter. "Eto, I'd not say accustomed, but... hai. I've stopped by before. Agasha Sanjuro-san makes some paint colours that are unique." She keeps hold of her items, especially the covered canvas that had pins carefully sticking out to keep the cloth from touching the still drying image. It would be presumptuous to just set them down somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:07 am 

Putting aside her parasol and the parcels, Utsusemi slipped out of her sandals in the genkan before entering inside.

"Mhm, he does," she nodded in agreement. "I like to dabble in painting myself, and the colours he makes are some of the finest I have seen. And they have been part of some rather lovely masterpieces..." a knowing smile was given in Koharu's direction.

"Make yourself comfortable, Doji-san. I was once a Doji myself, I feel almost as if I'm being visited by a long-distant relative, if you'll forgive me for saying so," the woman chuckled warmly.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am 

Waiting in the genkan, not really able to get out of it without setting her things down, Koharu tilts her head a little as the Dragon smiles her way. "Agasha Sanjuro-san has many patrons, ne?"

When told to relax she did so, stepping out of the entry area and of course out of her sandals. Carefully setting her things down against the wall she chuckled too. "I had an inkling. Ano, it feels a little like visiting a relative when you put it that way."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 am 

"It seems his popularity in that regard is increasing," she agreed with a nod.

Her slender hand brushed against her white hair. "Aha, I suppose it is the hair that gives me away. It was such a habit to do it before I married out, and now I find it to be a small gesture to honor my roots."

"But, pray tell, what sort of tea do you prefer? Something from our ancestral lands perhaps, something from the mountains of the Dragon, or something else?" While she was of course asking about tea, there was of course the possibility she was asking about another preferance too.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 am 

Koharu giggled at what she took to be word play from Utsusemi. Honour her roots. My uncle would like that joke.

Joining Utsusemi, making a point to look around more, she murmured thoughtfully in regards to tea. "Eto... A strong tea is good. I like to try new things if you have a preference Agasha-sama." Koharu answers neutrally, a bit of her training giving her a nudge that there was something else at work in the question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:52 am 

Utsusemi wasn't a Kakita Jester, but she did have her sense of humour. And puns were certainly one she did enjoy... her husband would say that came from her love of poetry.

"Hm, a strong, new tea? I think that is doable," she smiled and nodded. She wasn't exactly the barefoot-in-the-kitchen kind of wife, but she knew her way around this place by now and something as simple as cooking daily meals and preparing tea was easy enough.

As she navigated her way around with preparing the teapot and the water, she still kept the conversation flowing. "So you are a painter, yes? Your name does strike a familiar chord in that regard..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:56 am 

Following along behind Utsusemi the other guest of the house had to look away and think about her plans for later that evening so as to avoid causing a scene.

It really wouldn't have been good if she had had waltzed up to the correct draw or picked out just where things were usually kept. Clearing her throat softly she instead made an effort to keep the conversation going as a distraction. "Hai, Agasha-sama is too kind. I mostly focus on natural scenes of late due to, ano, an appointment within the Explorers. Painting really became my primary medium of expression at college. Before that I used to sculpt almost as much."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm 

"A sculptor and a painter? Such different art styles, I must say... you make your sensei proud, I'm sure," she nodded, clearly a little impressed.

"You are a student of the Academy, no?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm 

"Eto... back then I didn't want to restrict myself to any one medium without trying the others." Koharu admits to the first statement. To the question she gives a little nod, shy smile returning. "Hai."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm 

"Sensible," she smiled, finding a brick of tea from her own stash.

"I did see a rather beautiful painting here earlier," before Sanjuro hid it from me, "was it perhaps one of yours?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 am 

The Agasha's question was hard to deflect. Instead of avoiding it she did her best to be vague.

Just in case.

"Eto, it's possible Agasha-sama. I would have to see it to answer. Gomen." Dipping her head she lingered nearby with hope.

Hope that Sanjuro would come home soon...!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm 

"I am not certain of where it is now, as Sanjuro-san moved it somewhere else... at least to my knowledge," her shoulders shrugged delicately.

"But please do not feel I am interrogating you, Doji-san. 'tis merely curiosity, as Sanjuro-san so rarely speaks of his friends."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm 

Both could hear the sounds of moving some clanky things coming from the smithy.

Page 1 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next