Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: A Random Encounter (D-1, Afternoon, The Wheel)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

Having heard that he'd be "ready soon", Utsu had hurried away to pick up the parcel of sweets she had bought earlier. A wise decision it seemed as she had not been given much time before Sanjuro came in, and she looked up at him. Meeting his gaze, she felt flustered at what she saw.

"... Hai," she murmured, avoiding his gaze as she bowed her head. "It is ready any second now. I was just getting some sweets to go with it, if... if it pleases you."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:37 pm 

When she avoided his gaze he cast down his. "I guess sweets and tea should go with each other. One can break only so many patterns." He shrugged, moving to the side to make way for Koharu. "Thank you."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm 

Trying to be more upbeat, Koharu replies contentedly. "It's a nice treat, thank you Agasha-san."

Finding a nice spot for the brandy she left it there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 pm 

Well... this is awkward. Very awkward.

And she did not like it. The feeling of walking on egg-shells anymore than she already did in this family, with Ryuden and Sanjuro both. One day, she will have crushed one egg too many, Utsu reflected with an unpleasant feeling of dread in her stomach.

Three skewers of colorful dango was placed on the table, and soon enough she came with the pot of tea and cups. "Perhaps it was a bit of luck that it was three skewers I bought," she said, smiling politely even if the emotion did not reach her tone.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm 

"I like the green one. But you know that. Thanks for being thoughtful."

Sanjuro decided to let it go to the extent he was able. It felt bad that they apparently could not have a good conversation any more. His flight from the mountains hadn't fixed anything, just rendered them estranged. Of all the things in the world he intuitively knew how to fix, this was not one of them. Now that he was stripped of his trained inscrutability by alcohol, he felt defenceless. The way forward seemed to him to be... basic.

"What tea have you prepared?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 pm 

"Doji-san asked for something strong, but for new flavours," as she poured, the scent of spiced black tea filled the air. "A black tea, spiced with cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. A bit ahead of the season, but a pleasant nonetheless."

And might be exactly what he needed too... seems today is full of small moments of foresight.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 pm 

Koharu lingered nearby, feeling the awkwardness and tension. She didn't like it either. Worse still, she didn't understand the reasons for it and that made her feel very isolated.

To the skewers she had quietly spoken "arigatou", but after that she'd gone silent. The scent of the tea was welcome at least.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm 

I suppose there is no other way, she concluded, sensing the tense silence.

"I understand it has been some time since the two of you last spoke," she bowed after having filled cups for the two of them, "please excuse me... there are a couple of things that require my attention, and I do not wish to intrude further upon your reunion."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 pm 

"Ano... ano...?" Looking a tiny bit flustered, even less sure of what was going on now, Koharu approaches Utsusemi. "S-sorry to bother you Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 pm 

Either because of experience or something else, she managed to give Koharu a perfectly polite Doji smile that made it seem nothing was wrong. "Oh, no, no... it's no bother, really, Doji-san. Please, do not let me trouble you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:14 pm 

"Hai..." Being a Doji and having similar training it wasn't too difficult for Koharu to pick up on Utsusemi's courtesy. Nonetheless she wasn't in a place to argue. If anything, it'd surely only make things worse. She resigned herself to nodding and hoping someone soon told her what the issue was, or that it worked itself out. Unless I'm the issue...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 pm 

Excusing herself with another bow, Utsusemi departed for her private room, leaving the two alone with the tea and sweets... and a probably unhappy cat.

It wasn't until she closed the door to the room that she realised she had forgotten the rest of her shopping with the others.

/exit stage left

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 am 

[I see posting queue got skipped here...]

For some reason Sanjuro couldn't find a word during the exchange, being a passive witness of awkwardness spiralling out of control. Utsu's sudden departure left him crestfallen, however. He leaned back and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Konoyarou. Bakayarou." He scolded himself in coarse language.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

Feeling uncomfortable and ducking her head down, Koharu went back to her tea and took a took a sip. Then she took a deep breath.

Her gaze shifted to Sanjuro. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?" She asks steadily. You know my secrets.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:15 pm 

"Not today. I am too drunk to find the right words. And some of it must remain unsaid for the sake of... someone else. I am sorry, Koharu. I am at my worst now." He looked around for the bottle, then gripped the cup, tracing along its rim.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm 

She set her cup down. Koharu made a face of understanding as she approached him, tiptoeing so she could reach for his face. She gives his left cheek a quick peck before lowering herself back so her feet are fully on the floor. Smiling at him she strokes his hands over the cup. "Stick to some tea and come see me when you're ready to talk. You know where I am."

Stepping away, giving him a bow, she moved to the door. Nearby the cat gave a mewl at all the lack of attention.

"Whatever it is you know I'll support you Sanjuro." She tilts her head, catching his gaze.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm 

"It's good to know that." He nodded with some solemnity, the drowsy stiffness getting hold of him. His eyes were still glazed with mist. He never looked more lost. "I think I'll retire early."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 pm 

"Hai. Get some rest - and save the sake for company." She suggests gently, daring a smile. "I'll be there when you're ready. Take care Sanjuro-san."

Bowing politely, sparing an apologetic look to the cat, she then departs.

/ Exit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm 

Sanjuro dropped when he was sitting, sleeping until midnight. When he awakened with hangover and sense of screw-up, he resolved to never drink alone in the smithy again, no matter how serious the existential reasons.

/scene

Page 3 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3