Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: The Wars End (Day 0 Late Evening, House of the Smiling Carp)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 am 

Yasuhiro had partaken in a few cups of sake during the garden party earlier that day, the truth though was he really wanted to have several more. The relief that had settled over him after everything was said and done, only emphasized that feeling, but heading to the sake house immediately after the garden party was out of the question.

So he had waited a bit, and finally made his way to the Smiling Carp well after night had fallen. Stepping inside, Yasuhiro found a empty table and took a seat, beckoning one of the waitstaff over so he could order a bottle.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: The Wars End (Day 0 Late Evening, House of the Smiling C
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 am 

In one of the tall chairs, sat a ronin, young looking, far better looking than any expected from a ronin, since he was well groomed and had a proper posture as he sat and drank from the small cup of sake he had.

"Good evening, Lion-sama" He greeted as the sight of the lion and his own met.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 am 

The man was still a ronin though, no matter how well groomed he might be. "Good evening Ronin-san." Yasuhiro offered with a polite bow.before taking a seat nearby. "Are you enjoying the evening?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am 

Wata bowed in return to the Lion, from what he knew of the clan they would probably be strong advocates of the traditional ways. But that did not have much to do with him and his treatment of the Lion. "I certainly am, Lion-sama. It is good to be back to Dragon Guard City, and see old friends again. Much has changed since I left." The samurai offered the Lion a place next to him, "My name is Wata. I hope you would join me for some sake tonight. It's rather quiet. People are very nervous about the exam tomorrow."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:03 am 

It was another odd ronin, this bar certainly seemed to get a lot of them. Still he tried not to let that bother him, as he settled into his seat. "I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, a member of the Imperial marines. It's nice to meet you Wata-san."

At the offer he dipped his head in acceptance. "I wouldn't be adverse to a little company, and as you said it's a slow evening here."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 am 

"Interesting" exhaled the ronin, "I too am graduated from the Imperial explorers." He explained as he came and joined the Lion, wondering which specialty the Lion would had taken. He himself was one dedicated to books and maps, but he did not expect Lion samurai to do the same. They were rarely any dedicated to the sea, anyway, they have no sea.

The ronin ordered some sake from the waiter, a mid quality one that was good for his budget. "Like I said, many must be nervous about tomorrow's exam and must be preparing. I've had some real experience, so I feel pretty confident."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 am 

"We must of taken different classes." Which likely wasn't surprising, Wata didn't seemed like a man very suited to battle. Then again you could never really tell. His own drink was only of slightly better quality then the ronin, Yasuhiro didn't have similar concerns about a budget, but he liked to be conserative where he could.

"That seems fairly likely, though I'm not too worried myself either. If my preparations have been lacking nothing I do tonight will help at all. So I plan to treat it much like any other."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm 

"Probably did. And with the opening of the Academy, many flocked to join, it would had probably been very complicated to have crossed each other anyway." The samurai took a sip of his sake, allowing it to warm his throat as well as his spirit. He could had asked for one of the new drinks, but they were imports and more expensive.

"Is Matsu Yasuhiro-sama planning on traveling the seas? I had no notion of the Lion having a Navy, I can't understand why the Lion clan would be interested."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:01 am 

"One can't be a Imperial marine without training on the oceans Wata-san." Yasuhiro replied before taking a slow sip of his sake. "You are right when you say the Sea is not a popular spot among the Lion though. We after all have no need of a Navy ourselves."

One could not be certain how long that would remain true though. Especially with how things were going now. "I suppose you could call me a bit of a curiosity."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:14 am 

The ronin was too smart for himself, too dedicated to know what the people's words were saying to not understand the hidden statements of the presence of the Lion in the Explorers, maybe buying the horseshoes before having the horse. He didn't let his face change, not since maybe the Lion didn't have any clue of who he was, or had been.

"Sometimes the sea does call you, the call of the waves, the smell... and you can't do anything because you're hypnotized by its sway and can only answer going towards her."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am 

"It can indeed be quite lovely." Though it was obvious the lion didn't hold the same attraction as the ronin. However it might look to Wata, Yasuhiro was here for his own reasons after all, as well as the Lions.

"I take it the Sea and sailing was one of your main areas of study then? you seen to posses a great fondness for the ocean."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:51 am 

"Hai, I have dedicated most of my life and work to the sea." answered the ronin as he took another sip from his cup. "When I was part of the Phoenix, my wish was to enhance the navy of the clan, a navy that was almost non-existent despite having a long coast. As a Shiba, it was part of my duty to make sure the Phoenix were protected. Now as a ronin, I can only work in my passion as a sailor."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:23 am 

Ah so he was a former phoenix... there really seemed to be quite a few of those around, well not that is was unexpected. Still he wondered why the man had been cast from his clan, it wasn't like he was a Isawa. "Life as a sailor... I take it you've just recently came into port then?"

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]