Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: I Will Survive (Day 0 Early Afternoon Chrysanthemum Plaza)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 am 

Yasuhiro was nervous, and invitation from the imperial matchmaker to attend a garden party wasn't something he could skip, he was a tad worried about it though. To say he was bad with these sort of things was a understatement, still he had to try.

Strolling through the chrysanthemum plaza he tried to work off his nervous energy, if anyone saw him like this at the party it wouldn't be good.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: I Will Survive (Day 0 Early Afternoon Chrysanthemum Pla
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:19 am 

An Imperial woman and her attendant passed through the Plaza, being sure to pay mind to the few performers their path had them directly pass. Respectful and courteous the two slowly made their way along the walk ways. Only to occasionally stop before some of the flowers and look out across the Plaza in it's entirety. Each time without fail the Imperials gaze scanned to each corner and then back once again almost to the point of senselessness.

Stopping just ahead of the Lion, originally passing the opposite way, the two woman stopped but this time they did not turn to the flowers. Instead the woman addressed him much like she had the musicians.

A simple, polite bow with a pleasant demeanor.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:20 am 

The seemed like something of a odd pair, and overly interested in flowers, as least as far as Yasuhiro observed. Still people liked what the liked, and he wasn't going to comment. Turning slightly he offered the attractive you woman a bow.

"Good afternoon Seppun-sama." He greeted her polietly, a bit unsure of how to proceed, he paused a moment before adding. "Are you enjoying the pleasant weather we are having this afternoon?" ...You're a dolt boy.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 am 

With a light look Kaiya looked on as the woman beside her spoke, "It is a wonderful afternoon, Matsu-sama," respectful and polite.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama would like to wish you a good afternoon as well, as introduce herself. This is Seppun Kaiya-sama, among the first of the Imperial Explorers. Unfortunately, Seppun Kaiya-sama was not granted the gift of a voice and cannot speak for herself and as such I am here to do any communicating on her behalf," she finished succinctly and with a deep reverential bow.

Kaiya too joined in the bow albeit as one Samurai to another. Offering her greetings.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm 

The speech drew his eyes to the attendant, and he stared at her for a lingering moment before turning back to the Seppun. It would be a bit odd, speaking with someone who couldn't, he thought he could manage though.

"I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, of the Imperial marines." He offered returning the bow. "Its a pleasure to meet one of the first members of the Imperial Explorers."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 am 

"As it is a pleasure to meet another of those undergoing this momentous task," Sakia responded politely, professionally, and with that ever important hint of subservience that kept any servant in the good graces of Samurai. Both woman worked in unison, though as etiquette demanded Kaiya was not exactly the most forthcoming of her thoughts. Leaving the notion that she did not correct Sakia's words as proof that they may as well be her own.

"May it meet with good fortune in the days to come," she added.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:58 am 

"Indeed..." He felt silent for a moment, trying to figure out what to say. "Could i ask what it is you specialize in in Seppun-sama?" Yasuhiro let his eyes drift towards the flowers. "As a imperial explorer that is." It definetly wasn't a linguist, he wasn't goign to say that out loud though.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 am 

"Seppun Kaiya-sama's study in Kyuden Nio prior to the opening of the Imperial Naval College has prepared her in Rokugani culture, as surely as many other Crane will be bringing to maintain on our voyage into these new worlds," Sakia offered professionally.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 am 

Rokugani culture, it certainly sounded like something a crane would say. Still it struck him a bit odd. "Ah, perhaps I misunderstood you, but did you just refer to Seppun-sama as a Crane?" He asked, a bit curious about the answer.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 am 

"Seppun Kaiya-sama was born Kakita Kaiya-sama, it was her father that was a Seppun and that line which was recognized by the Imperial Families which had her brought into the Seppun," she responded quickly and with an even pace. "My apologies if this caused any confusion, Matsu-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 am 

"I wouldn't call it confusion exactly... More like a bit of concern. It's the kinda of thing that could possibly cause misunderstandings after all." Which could be dangerous at the best of times.

"Enough of that though." He said with a small smile. "Perhaps Seppun-sama would be so kind to tell me abotu how she came to join the explorers?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 am 

Kaiya looked to him oddly on the first note but didn't care to press the matter. Instead, allowing the conversation to drift elsewhere where Sakia could continue to maintain it.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama was there at the initial announcement. It was there that the first of the Imperial Explorers were sworn in," she answered, keeping her judgement's neatly tucked away as she always had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 am 

"So there is no great story to it tu5en?" He asked a bit curious. It sounded a bit dull as is, and perhaps a bit opportunistic.

"I thought there would be more to it then that." He mused, mostly to himself.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am 

Kaiya waved a hand behind her, in the direction Yasuhiro had been walking and then glanced first to Sakia and then him.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama wishes to ask you to walk with her if you would like to hear more," she said succinctly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 am 

"If she doesn't mind the company I wouldn't mind the story." He offered after a few moments, though something told him he once again wasn't making a very good impression.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 pm 

Moving forward along the path Sakia took up a position behind Kaiya and Yasuhiro, as was only proper. Speaking from behind the two of them as they walked their leisurely pace, "Seppun Kaiya-sama was one of the many students from the many College's that were offered invitations to Dragon's Guard last year. Naturally, students from Kyuden Nio were also extended such invitations," she was sure to note quickly. "Among other challenges to show off the skill and merit of the Empire's brightest, college trained Samurai, there were many opportunities to offer their minds to the furthering advancement of the Empire. It was Seppun Kaiya-sama's words that became the ship Ashitae Maru and she was personally recognized by the Emperor's Son, Hantei Jama. When the proclamation was made Seppun Kaiya-sama herself alongside Miya Edogawa-sama as well as Kitsu Keiji-sama were presented with the honor of being the first ones offered to join the Imperial Explorers and each of them accepted the great honor."

"With many things came the protection of the heavens, placed on her by the Son of the Emperor, Hantei Jama himself."

Meanwhile, as Sakia spoke, there was a moment Kaiya drifted from the conversation off to a spot in the Plaza. One that filled her with the warm memory of when she once played here to calm the tempers of those around her. It was a peaceful morning and she had few of those to remember.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:28 am 

Yasuhiro listened intently as they walked, not bothering to interrupt. Simply walking at a steady pace, his steps measured and crisp, He had fallen into step with the young woman naturally, a reflexive action caused by too much time spent in military maneuvers.

"She was bestowed with many honors indeed." Yasuhiro mused as the servant girl came to the end of her speech. "I look forward to being able to work with her in the future, even if it's only as part of the same group."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 am 

"And of yourself Matsu-sama?" Sakia asked, prompting Kaiya to return her full attention back to the conversation. "What of the tale that brought you to your appointment as one of the Imperial marines upon this voyage?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 am 

"That is a tale there really isn't much to." Yasuhiro offered with a slight smile. "Shortly after gempukku I sought advice from my ancestors. They seemed to encourage me to continue my education, so I went to college."

"Eventually that lead me here to the naval college. Where in time I sought an appointment with the Imperial marines. It seemed the best place to be able to learn, both as a student and a bushi."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:29 am 

"You are a most humble Samurai, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama," Sakia said and Kaiya nodded her agreement. "To know of another of your training on the journey is something to inspire confidence for this endeavor."

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next