Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: The Yang Of Tea [D0, EA]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm 

There was still time before the garden party, and rather than spending such time at the Wheel, Utsusemi was trying more to spend her time away from it. So going through one of her daily routines of a proper tea ceremony seemed perfect to do in one of the more quiet areas of the fantastic plaza of the Yang-section of the Dragon's Pan. Especially since it seemed some of these spots had been set aside for this exact purpose.

With her utensils laid out on a mat, she began the calming process of wiping each one clean.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: The Yang Of Tea [D0, EA]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

Suihime enjoyed a slow walk through the plaza. After a morning of constant explosions happening around her, the peaceful serenity of the area helped to deal with the headache. Guns really were quite loud!

She noted some interesting sights, but the one that stood out the most was a lady of the Dragon preparing for a tea ceremony. An ideal way to relax ones centre after the morning. She approached the woman with a smile and a bow. "Good afternoon Agasha-sama. I hope you are well? Forgive me if I am interrupting."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 pm 

Noting the Imperial mons, Utsusemi bowed respectfully. "Good afternoon, Miya-san. Hai, I am well, and I pray the same for you?"

She offered a kind smile. "'Tis no interruption. Tea is best shared in company, after all, perhaps you would like to join?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm 

"Other than a bit of a headache, I am well. The morning was filled with gunfire from Seppun Hiraga-samas display" Suihime nodded "and I would be delighted to be your company for tea. I am Miya Suihime, Imperial Explorer and retainer to Hantei Jama-denka. It is an honour to meet you."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm 

A short distance away an odd-looking woman perused through the wares of a street vendor looking carefully at some hair ornaments. She had no experience in a Rokugani party... to which she was now suddenly invited by her Champion, and so she was in a bit of a bind as she walked around the shops. Seeing nothing she liked she moved along until she came upon the scene of the Dragon lady and the Imperial princess preparing for tea.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:25 pm 

"Is that so? It seems we are in the same circle but have not yet had the chance to meet," she dipped her head, "I am Agasha Ryuden-sama's wife, and here on his behalf to accompany Hantei-no-kimi."

Noticing the strange-looking woman nearby, Utsusemi bowed her head in greeting. "Good afternoon?"

---

Roll out of the way!
D0 EA Tea Ceremony with Sui and Berena. TN 20: 7d10o10k3 32

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:46 pm 

Bellena stopped as the Dragon woman reached out verbally to her. She bowed politely, "Good afternoon."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 pm 

"Ah, wonderful! It's lovely to meet you" Suihime smiled "I have met a few other of the recently arrived Explorers, and I'm glad to meet more. There are quite a few new arrivals I hear."

Then the Agasha woman spoke to another, and Suihime turned slightly. "Well hello again Muhaki-san. I hope you are well?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 pm 

Bellena bowed to Suihime as well once greeted, "O-kage sama de*. Thank you again for your assistance. The pleasure of seeing you again is all mine."

---

*Loosely 'Thanks to you' or 'I have been blessed to be so because of efforts beyond my own'.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 pm 

Seeing as the two of them knew eachother, she let them exchange the pleasantries first.

"We were just about to share tea as I perform the ceremony, would you like to join, Muhaki-san?" the Agasha asked, trying not to think too much on the strange appearance of the Tortoise.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm 

"Are you sure Agasha-sama? I would hate to disrupt what you were doing."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:34 pm 

It would be educational for you. You could learn proper culture.

She quieted her initial thoughts. "No, no, it would be no trouble at all. And it seems you are an acquaintance of Miya-san, I could not turn you away."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm 

"And I cannot refuse such a magnanimous offer." She bowed deeply and kneeled down in front of the Dragon and next to Suihime.

"May I be so honored to ask your name Agasha-sama?" She asked as she situated herself comfortably in the proper seating position.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 pm 

"Agasha Utsusemi, here to participate in Hantei-no-kimi's expedition, yoroshiku onegaishimasu." Her head dipped in greeting.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:12 pm 

She bowed deeply, "Miya-sama was kind enough to introduce me, but for the sake of proper manners, I am Muhaki Berena. Translator and Scholar of the Tortoise. Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:48 pm 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
Bellena bowed to Suihime as well once greeted, "O-kage sama de*. Thank you again for your assistance. The pleasure of seeing you again is all mine."

---

*Loosely 'Thanks to you' or 'I have been blessed to be so because of efforts beyond my own'.

"It was my honour to assist" Suihime said with a smile "and hai, please join us."

Once Berena had joined, Suihime nodded to Utsusemi. Going silent as the ceremony began, watching Berena out of the corner of her eye to see how she reacted to the ceremony.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm 

Berena looked accustomed to what was taking place in front of her. Despite her appearance she seemed to be familiar with the bases of Rokugani culture.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:29 am 

The ceremony was conducted with a grace and serenity that was refreshing to the participants. Utsusemi's movements had a practiced elegance that seemed to have come from years of doing this ceremony daily, and combined with the beautiful surroundings, it was as if the world was standing still for a perfect moment.

At its conclusion, the Dragon bowed from her seat to the other two ladies.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 am 

Berena bowed deeply after taking her sips from the tea presented to her, "Truly a masterful performance Agasha-sama. Thank you greatly for your efforts."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:40 pm 

Suihime also bowed as the ceremony finished, feeling more relaxed. "That was quite lovely Agasha-sama. Thank you."

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next