Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: The Yang Of Tea [D0, EA]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

"Where did you learn to be so proficient Agasha-sama? You bring great honor to your school." She asked.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 pm 

"You are both too kind," she smiled as she rose from her bow. "It is customary for all students of the Doji to learn the tea ceremony, to pay our respects to its creation by Lady Thunder Doji Konishiko, and her brother, Doji Nio-shiryo. It is said Lady Konishiko whose sense of a unified nation led her to break common segregations of class and social standing, and created a single form of tea-serving for nobility and heimin alike. She believed that the people would be equal and free from their social positions once they entered in the ceremony."

She straightened, but her eyes remained downcast as she admired the old teaset. "Thinking of those reasons, I have continued to practice it daily when my time allows. Not only for the clarity and peace it brings me, but because I like to think of Lady Konishiko's thoughts behind it."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 am 

"A truly interesting sentiment." She replied. "Your schooling is quite the prolific one. I had heard not many Doji maidens married out of the Crane."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:34 am 

She nodded gently. "It is considered great prestige to wed a maiden of the Doji. Not as great as to marry one of the Imperial families," Utsusemi inclined her head slightly to Suihime, "but as generations of Emperors have wed Doji brides, one could say that it has rubbed off on the rest of us."

"My lord and family deemed it a wise choice to gain closer ties with the Dragon, and I was honored to marry a good man of the Agasha."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:36 am 

She nodded and bowed respectfully, "I am sure your new family is exceedingly blessed by your arrival."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:40 am 

"I certainly like to think so," she chuckled warmly. "And what of yourself, Muhaki-san? It is not often I meet members of your young clan, to be honest, so I would not mind to hear more about you and your kin."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 am 

"I am no one of significance my lady. I've spent my entire life abroad. My father was given the name of Muhaki long ago, and I was sent to train as a scholar in a distant land in my youth. I lived in a city called Medinaat al-Salaam far away to the northwest of Rokugan. There I was mentored by a follower of Hantei Muhaki, a man named Muhaki Buntaro. Following my time in the city, I set out to sea when I was 18. I spent several years travelling the world as a translator, navigator, and adviser on a Tortoise vessel. Now I merely serve in whatever capacity I am asked. I have bounced around a bit for the last few years. This is my first opportunity to visit the mainland..." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:23 pm 

"You say you are no one of importance, yet you serve as an advisor and scholar, Muhaki-san... quite important tasks," she chuckled lightly. "It must have been exciting, travelling so far and wide, and seeing all the sights you have seen. How different is the mainland to the other places you have visited?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm 

She nodded gratefully, then replied, "In a word... 'Very'. But each place is unique in so many ways."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 pm 

"I am afraid I have no means of knowing of any similarities or differences myself, having lived all my life here in the Empire... pray tell, these other places you have visited, what are they like?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:35 pm 

She smiled, "I really have been many places. Is there one or two in which you are most interested?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:40 pm 

"Please, tell me of this city to the northwest of Rokugan..." she paused as she wondered if she should give an effort of pronouncing it's strange name. "Sorry... I don't think I can pronounce it correctly."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:57 pm 

She nodded, "Medinaat Al-Salaam in the Mekhem language means the City of Peace. Many also call it the 'City of One Thousand Stories' or the 'Jewel of the Horizon'. It is a large city, larger than any that I know of in existence. It lays in the Western part of the Burning Sands. The journey to the Jewel is a perilous one no matter the way one goes. There is a river from which the city and its citizens have lived for generations. The background of the people living in the city is mixed, a number of different cultures and societies meld together and exist in this town. It is of vital importance to continental trade."

She tilted her head, "Is architecture is vastly different from here. The buildings are primarily made from mortar and stone. They practice very different religious beliefs and engage in all manners of different behavior. It is a city of truly varied experience... some positive and some negative."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:51 pm 

Suihime had been happy to remain silent as the Tortoise and the Dragon conversed, but she did cut in on the talk about Medinat Al-Salaam. "Research has said that Medinat Al-Salaam would even dwarf Otosan Uchi. It's a giant city."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:53 pm 

"A proper census is difficult since there is constant fluctuation... but it probably approaches nearly a million people." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm 

Utsu was still trying to imagine something so big to accomodate a million people. It had to be truly enormous indeed to fit that many into one city.

"It must be a very chaotic place, to have so many people there, no?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm 

"Quite." She nodded, "It is not wise to travel alone in many parts of the city unless you fancy yourself to be a skilled fighter."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm 

"Truly?" she was a little shocked. "Is the city so lawless that one would be attacked whilst travelling in it?"

The foreigners had some good ideas and inventions, but clearly they lacked in civility and manners.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:15 pm 

She nodded, "Though I hear it is no different in some cities on the mainland... Even here one who has my appearance is in need of protection at night."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm 

"There are honourless souls who may attempt such things, but such people are not numerous nor would they get away with such things" Suihime shook her head

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next