Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: Flowers and entertainers (D0 LM Chrysanthemum Plaza)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm 

Come late morning the plaza was normally awash with colour and entertainment. Today was no exception. Allowing herself a morning of relaxation and reflection Koharu had walked around and took in the sights, sounds and smells as leisurely as she could. It was a welcome change to studying, focused painting and careful planning. She needed to recharge her creative energies.

Purchasing some street food, another novel change, she sat down on a bench with a view of everything and began to nibble. It was only takoyaki, but it was good.

Post subject: Re: Flowers and entertainers (D0 LM Chrysanthemum Plaza)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm 

A bit of a snack after the mornings failure was in order for the young Matsu as well. Though he had settled for a trio of riceballs instead. Deciding to enjoy the flowers of the plaza as he ate, he looked for a nice place to sit.

Eventually his feet led him to a familiar point in the gardens, and a bench he often sat at. To his surprise though, it waa already occupied by a young crane girl. At first Yasuhiro thought of moving on, but in the end he decided against it. Offering the young woman a bow first before he spoke. "Excuse me Doji-sama. I don't mean to interupt, but I was curious if you were expecting any company this morning?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 pm 

A Lion...? Koharu wonders, looking up as the man approaching her stops, bows and speaks to her. Lowering her snack she dips her head politely. "Ohayo gozaimasu Lion-sama. Ano, I am on my own this morning." She hoped he wasn't a dandy Ikoma. She had had a kouhai who had been used by one and set aside. It hadn't been pretty, nor had it ended well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:54 pm 

Yasuhiro was about as far from a dandy as one could get, the chill aura that lingered about him was likely more then enough to prove that. "Would you mind if I joined you on that bench then?" He held up the small package in his hands. "I wanted to have a quick bite and this is my favorite part of the gardens."

"Ah... I suppose I should introduce myself before you answer. I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am 

The Crane was equal parts relieved and equal parts nervous as she sensed what the Lion might be like. She listens to him explain and introduce himself. Koritome? Are they that famous? Koharu hadn't heard of them. Clearing her throat gently she indicates herself politely. "I am Doji Koharu and, ano, hai. D-douzo." She delicately shifted a little to the right to give him plenty of room.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 am 

"A pleasure to meet you doji-sama" Yasuhiro, dipped his head polietly before moving to take a seat, leaving plenty of room between him and the Crane woman. Setting down his package he opened it, reveling the trio of rice balls within.

"And thank you for sharing the bench with me, it was kind of you." He took up a riceball, gesturing towards them, in case she wished to partake herself.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 am 

Should I? Well, if so...

Koharu sets the takoyaki to her left in reach of Yasuhiro. Only a few were missing. Luckily, there was a little stick in each ball to make eating them easy and clean.

"Iie, it's nice to have company Matsu-san. Ano... douzo." She says, gesturing to the takoyaki to return his offer of sharing the rice balls.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:10 am 

"Thank you Doji-sama." He murmured before taking a bite out of his rice ball. Not quite ready to let a awkward silence develop between them, he spoke.

"So, would it be rude of me to ask what brings Doji-sama to dragons guard city?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am 

Anticipating some conversation, and glad for it, Koharu settles down a little. "Iie, iie, it's not a secret Matsu-san. I will be assisting the Imperial Explorers when we are ready to depart." She reaches for one of the takoyaki. "Ano, and you Matsu-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10 am 

"I'm a member of the Imperial marines Doji-sama, I'll be departing on one of the ships in the coming days." It was a simple answer and perhaps one the Crane expected to gear. He was a lion after all.

"I suppose that means we will be traveling together in the near future. Or well at least to the same destination."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 am 

"Hai, so desu ne?" Koharu agrees. "It will be good to have strong warriors along with us in case there are any difficulties."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:52 am 

He paused thoughtfully, taking a bite from his riceball. "Do you expect there to be any difficulties then Doji-sama?" He asked, after he swallowed. People seemed to be rather opinionated on that subject, and it seemed as good a question as any to ask.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm 

"Hmm..." She took his question seriously, leaning back against the bench and looking up. "I imagine there will be some problems no matter what. Whether they're just logistical, organisational or physical I really can't say." She looks back to him and gently claps her hands together. "Sorry I'm n-not of much use Matsu-san."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:06 am 

Certainly seems like all she is good for is looking pretty and making babies. His grandmother snorted. Probably still worth taking her for a ride though.

"Don't worry yourself about it Doji-sama." Yasuhiro offered easily. "It was more a curiosity then anything."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 am 

She nods slightly. "Hai..." Turning away she reaches for one of her takoyaki, nibbling it with one hand holding it and the other shielding her mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 am 

There was a few moments of awkward silence as Yasuhiro finished his riceball, though he wasnt nearly as delicate about it as the Doji.

"Is takoyaki a favorite?" He asked before reaching for a piece himself. It seemed as good a thing to ask about as any.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am 

His question has her chuckling in a friendly way. She flashes him a shy smile. "It's nice. I-I haven't had any in some time so when I saw them I thought why not. Ano, I hope you like them too." She reaches for the last rice ball, as the Lion had offered and was now trying to takoyaki. Lifting it to her mouth she ducks her head in gratitude to the Lion before taking a bite. I wonder what kind it is?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 am 

Umeboshi waa the Lions choice for the filling of his rice balls today, it wasn't a favorite but he did find the flavor rather refreshing. "I probably eat more of them then I should." He confessed as he took a bite of the Takoyaki.

"They're rather convenient, and easy to eat on the move." And he always seemed to be on the move.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:10 pm 

"I suppose they are convenient hai. I wonder what sort of food there will be outside Rokugan... eto, apart from all the fish." As surely there would be many fish at sea!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm 

"There are a few establishment's in town that cater to foreigners, so it's possible to try some of it out if you like." He knew at least of one off the top of his head. "From what I understand they eat almost anything though, so you might be a bit careful."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]