Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: A Drop Of Yin In My Tea (D1, EA)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 pm 

"Right. Working together." The woman took another sip from the tea and then looked to the Matsu. She held her tongue back as she contemplated on her next words. At the end, what she had to offer was weak fodder. "At the very least, we need diplomats to represent our interests across the seas."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 am 

"Hm, it is a possibility, Matsu-san. I personally thought it was to make sure our heritage is well-represented to the foreigners, but it could be both," she nodded.

"And yes," another nod, for Akarei, "we will need diplomats, as well as priests and warriors... a balance, if you will."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:41 am 

"Honestly, we warriors are only really there in case everything goes wrong." It was when the priests and diplomat's failed that they would be called upon after all. Or at lest that's how it was supposed to work.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 am 

"Sometimes the presence of a warrior can sway a conversation," Akarei added. She gave a faint smile to the Matsu. "A display of military force can be forceful but it has its place in negotiations."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 am 

"Perhaps if that's what we are going for, though it seems to be it might lead people to believe we weren't merely explorers." The Lion offered with a shrug. "Not that it bothers me if that's the way we want to do things." It was Gaijin they were dealing with after all.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 pm 

The Yogo dipped her head. "I suppose it will be up to our more skilled courtiers to serve our diplomatic purposes. My main duties and training lie elsewhere."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 pm 

"We will of course hope it does not come to the need of the bushi to fight, for that means we have failed our duties as diplomats," Utsusemi bowed slightly to the two samurai. "But it cannot be denied that all three of us will be needed for the journey ahead, as long as everyone is willing to work together for the betterment of the Empire and Hantei-no-kimi's quest."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 am 

"You are right about that Agasha-sama." Yasuhiro offered with a nod of approval toward the dragon. "Perhaps it's time we change the subject though? Before we start going around in circles.

"Perhaps we should return to the tasks we have later this day?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:43 pm 

She chuckled softly and nodded. "A wise choice. We'd be stuck here all day otherwise."

"I wish both of you the best of luck in the challenges ahead today. As well as your meetings with the matchmaker."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:47 pm 

"I take it that means you won't be participating in the tests later this evening then?" Yasuhiro asked, it really wasn't much of a surprise the Dragon woman didn't seem likely to have much experience on boats.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:52 pm 

"I would be ill-suited to command on a ship for this voyage, as my own experience with sea-travel is limited to smaller ships by the Crane coast," she chuckled mirthfully. "And while I might understand the technical aspects of a firearm better than many soldiers, I am not a warrior or a military commander."

She bowed her head slightly. "It would be presumptous of me to aim for a station outside of my normal field, considering that many lives depend on the best person for the task."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 pm 

The redhead stayed silent and at the end simply gave a curt nod. "Right," she murmured. She took a few steps backward and gave both of them a proper bow. "Thank you for the tea, Agasha-sama." She looked to the man and smiled faintly. "Good luck with the exam, Matsu-san."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 am 

He wasn't sure that was going to stop others, still he dipped his head in acknowledgement of the dragon's words. "A enlightened decision Agasha-sama." Yasuhiro replied with a small smile, he was going to continue but fell silent as the scorpion rose.

"Good luck to you as well Yogo-sama." He offered with a seated bow. "And have a pleasant afternoon."

Merenaese

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2