Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A Drop Of Yin In My Tea (D1, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:33 pm 

(expecting)

Returning to the place in the Yang that she had used the day before for a tea ceremony, Utsusemi set out her utensils as she began to prepare herself for another outdoors ceremony.

Each utensil was meticulously cleaned, her mind finding its own quiet place as she went through the familiar routine.

---

Roll out of the way, for ease of all players involved:
D1 EA Tea Ceremony for Akarei and Yasuhiro. TN 20: 7d10o10k3 24

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: A Drop Of Yin In My Tea (D1, EA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 am 

Yogo Akarei let out a soft sigh. There was a certain part of her that had never fully acclimated to her duties as Jade Yoriki. No wonder the Kuni are as insane as they are.

A gust of wind, once more, slammed into her. She removed her mask to readjust her hair and then found herself staring straight at the Dragon she had met before. The priestess took a deep breath and then walked forward. "Good afternoon, Agasha-sama. Have you had your rice today?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 am 

It wasn't long before the young Matsu arrived on the scene. His eyes across the pleasant setting the dragon woman had arranged.

Offering Utsusemi a polite bow he smiled somewhat stifflu. "Good afternoon Agasha-sama, I hope you have been well since we last spoke?"

This waa followed by a bow to the Scorpion girl. "Good afternoon to you as well Yogo-sama. I hope the stars have providesd you with better omens in the last few days?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:51 am 

"Yogo-san, Matsu-san," Utsusemi greeted them both in turn as they arrived, bowing to them both from where she sat.

"Hai, hai, I have partaken in Inari's blessing today and the Fortunes are as kind as ever. I am honored that you would both join me, seeing as you both seemed to impress Akodo Meikuko-sama so well this morn." She smiled a bit ruefully at her own lackluster round in the dojo against the heiress. "It seems the lady Matchmaker has called all of the young samurai in the city to her offices today, so I thought I would offer you both some refreshing tea before you go to meet your future."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 am 

"Indeed, I got the invitation earlier this morning. I must admit I'm a little curious about how it will go." A soft frown made it's way onto his lips. "I can't say I've very skilled in these type of things."

"You do have my thanks though Agasha-sama, a bit of tea sounds wonderful about right now."

Last edited by Matsu Yasuhiro on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 am 

"Akodo-sama is," she trailed off. She looked over to the Matsu and then to the charming Dragon in front of her. "I would be glad to share tea with you, Agasha-sama." The priestess took a breath and prayed internally that the kami would not vex her further.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:17 am 

"Then I am happy to accomodate you both, thank you," she bowed to the other two samurai, signalling the start of the ceremony.

Despite the events in the dojo that morning, Utsusemi was still a rock of serenity and grace in otherwise hectic day that would change a lot for the other two's futures. Looking at her, she didn't seem like the type to try and spar against a scion of the Lion like she had earlier. Each movement of the ceremony was calming, each sound enforcing the feeling of being lost in a perfect moment of peace, closed off to the outside world for now.

The tea was also frothy and rich to the taste, prepared with no spilling whatsoever.

"Please, enjoy yourselves" her voice was a quiet timbre as they reached the end of the ceremony.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 am 

Taking a seat as the ceremony began, the lion sat in stillness as the former crane worked. Tea ceremony wasn't something he was skilled at, and he enjoyed watching the older woman work, it was quite relaxing. He didn't pay much attention to Akarei as the ceremony continued, that really wasn't all that unusual though.

"Thank you." Yasuhiro offered with a dip of his head, though he waited for the Yogo to drink first, She was higher ranking then him after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 am 

The Yogo managed to purge the inappropriate thoughts plaguing her mind. Purge the thought of the exsanguinated women that she had been unable to rescue. She took the tea as offered with a faint smile. "Thank you, Agasha-sama. It was..."

Lovely.

"Calming."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 pm 

When the cup was offered in his direction he'd accept it. Going through the motions of the ceremony. It wasn't something he did often, so it took him some time, but he managed to make it through without any blunders.

After Yasuhiro sipped, he diop-ed his head in thanks, before completing the ritual and passing the cup back towards Utsusemi.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 pm 

Accepting the cup back to her, she had one last sip herself with a brief but content smile.

"Thank you. I am honored to have shared it with both of you... tea is indeed a unifying force in the Empire, making even a Dragon, a Lion, and a Scorpion share such a quiet moment together in a hectic city as this."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 pm 

"It is interesting how that works isn't it? I wonder if any of the Gaijin cultures have similar activities to bring them all together." The serenity of the moment was interrupted a bit, at least for the Lion by the comments of his grandmother. Hmph! I don't know why you're sitting around drinking tea with these two. One's married and the other is a Yogo. I suppose if you must plow the fields with one of them though, it might as well be the Dragon. Just remember to plant your seed on the hills nearby and not in the furrow. She finished before going quiet again.

There was a momentary pause as he blinked and cleared his throat. "Perhaps one of you two have heard of something?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 pm 

"I can't say I have heard of any of the other cultures having such a refined ceremony as ours, though I have sampled one foreign brew at the Go Stone Tea House. A very respectable establishement run by Ichiro Kajima," she offered to the Matsu, unaware of the advice of his grandmother. "I admit my knowledge on the foreign customs are very limited."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 pm 

"The same for me. One of my duties, after all, is to maintain our own culture across the sea." She took another sip of the tea and then smiled at Utsusemi. "And spread it to the Gaijin if they are wise enough to accept it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 pm 

"Well, I suppose that makes three of us that are rather unaware of Gaijin culture then." Yasuhiro mused as he looked between the two. "I suppose that means we will all be in for some surprises."

"You are coming to maintain our culture though Yogo-sama? I guess I misunderstood you a little when we talked last time." It certainly hadn't sounded like that was what she was coming along for.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm 

"Mhm," Utsusemi nodded, "I must agree with Matsu-san, but I suppose it makes sense in a religious sense, no? Yogo-san has a reputation for being a devoted and pious woman, which I am certain will be an asset to such a lengthy journey."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm 

The Yogo gave the Matsu a soft smile. "It is my duty, regardless of where I go, to preserve our aspects of culture. However, I am sure that I fail in some ways compared to you," she continued, referring to the Dragon that had hosted their tea ceremony.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 am 

This was certainly not the Yogo he had met several days ago, and Yasuhiro had to fight the urge to frown. Ooooo... This is juicy. There was a gleeful note in his grandmother's tone as she came to a conclusion that avoided Yasuhiro.

Still he didn't break his silence, the Yogo hadn't been speaking to him after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am 

"Oh, I would not say that, Yogo-san. As a priestess of the kami, you can perform feats I have no chance of attempting myself, some I believe will be vital to the journey as we will always be in need of spiritual guidance," Utsusemi inclined her head respectfully to the Yogo.

"And besides, it is better to work together to preserve and present our culture, rather than attempting to do so on our own."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:59 pm 

Yasuhiro wasn't certain he agreed with the entirety of what Utsusemi had said. If seemed like she was encouraging the use of a shujenga's spells. Still he remained silent at least for that part of the conversation.

"I think that must be the reason why there are so many experts on our culture going with us. Our commanders must think this journey will prove to be very shocking."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next