Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D1-LA] Sisterly Bonds (Open, Shingen's Domain)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:25 pm 

'' ... '' Hinami fanned herself as she looked around.

The lonely Seppun princess was just at the 'entrance' of Yasuki Shingen's commercial domain. Like a pure flower among the ruthless enviroment of merchants and commerce she waited for her sister to arrive. Hikari had promised her that she will accompany her to search for the finest chest the local merchants could offer for Hantei's-no-kimi voyage. Afterall, all her clothes were of top quality and the fine fabrics needed a good and sturdy chest to protect them from the humidity and saltiness of the journey.

Hikari also counseled her to get jade 'jewelry'. Perhaps some earrings or a necklace could do.

Nobody dared to approach the Seppun girl. Some heimin bowed extremely low as they passed in front of her, but Hinami didn't even noticed their presence.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D1-LA] Sisterly Bonds (Open, Shingen's Domain)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm 

Hikari showed up a little late. One might get the impression she'd actually been running in order to make it within a reasonable time.

"Oh hey," she said, huffing a little. "Were you waiting long?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 pm 

'' You are late...'' She said closing her fan with a loud sound. As a good courtier, Hinami was almost obsessed with time. Some people did turn around to observe what was happening between the Seppun twin princesses.

Hinami sighed. '' Well... I forgive you since you are helping me today and because you are taking time from your duties to spend with your sister. '' Hinami was actually in quite a good mood. Something happened today, Hikari could imagine.

'' But don't think I will be lenient! This is an important observation mission...'' She said with a funny tone. Was Hinami joking? The humourless Hinami? Yes definitely she was in a good mood. '' I expect the best of the best. Perfection is what I seek, anything less than that is not acceptable. Understood, Hikari-san?''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:10 pm 

Hikari didn't want to jinx whatever was making her sister feel so good right now, and decided to let it be a conversation to happen *after* they got some shopping in.

"Eto... observation mission? I thought we were going shopping?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 pm 

Hinami shakes her head and sighed. '' Do you really think it would be appropriate for people like -us- to go -shopping-? My dear sister, you should had taken your etiquette lessons a bit more seriously...''

'' No matter, this is a good occasion to observe what this people have to offer and decide from there. I have to see what I will get, can't allow some servant chose what I need.'' She nods. '' You also said I need jewelry made up of jade, since I don't know anything about such mineral I will leave that to you...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 pm 

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes at her sister's overly 'proper' attitude about commerce.

"Yes, well..."

Hikari thought about breaking into her snack stores in order to cope, but decided not to.

"...where do you want to start with the observing then?"

Compulsion: snacks TN15: 3d10o10k3 20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

'' Hmmm...'' She looked around. The market was far more chaotic that she expected. Probably all this activity was caused by the arrival of Hantei-denka. Although Hinami had some notions about commerce, her training was mostly for elaborating correct countings of rice production and other commodities.

'' I Don't really know, it seems a bit busy...Do you have some ideas?'' She asked her sister.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Commerce/Intelligence - 16

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 pm 

"Well, for the chest you said you'd need, there's the craftsman I mentioned the other day. His storefront is on the way to where I figure we might get you some Jade jewelry too."

Intelligence/Commerce, Seppun Hikari: Shopfinder. (fluff roll): 5d10o10k4 31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 pm 

'' I knew that I could count on you. '' She said, with a smile. '' Well, let's go. '' Hinami got right beside her sister and began walking towards this craftman. She was covering her mouth but there was definitely a wide smile there.

'' So, did you already met with Miya Odorihime-sama?'' She asked

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 am 

"I... have," she said; the uncertain pause in the normally confident and uncaring sister suggesting it had not gone anything like she'd expected it to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 am 

Of course she noticed the change in Hikari's voice. Hinami's good mood changed into being worried about her sister. '' And?...'' She asked.

Oh, by the kami, please don't tell me that you screwed your meeting. Please don't tell me you made a prank or a joke to Odorihime-sama...Hinami was terrified at such idea.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:38 pm 

"Eto," she was still processing, "It uh... it seemed I was to marry the Agasha daimyo. The arrangements had already been made with father but... but a sudden letter from him arrived and he told the matchmaker that he was uh pursuing a better match instead."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm 

Hinami covered her lips with her fan. Father? This is strange... She thought as she processed this new information.

'' Are you certain? I mean, I doubt father would do such an action without very good reasons...'' She commented. '' If your marriage betrohal was already decided I doubt he would stepped back....''

'' Perhaps it was a mistake? or a forgery, though I doubt someone would do such a blasphemous action, risking to be executed.'' She adds.

This was not good, although in some sort of way, Hinami felt relieved. Her sister deserves way more than -just- a family daimyo...from a clan.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

"That... was my first thought as well, but the matchmaker assured me it was carried by his personal messenger, with the proper seal. I just... I do find it difficult to understand. I'm not sure who would be both eligible and a better match than a daimyo. You're... more up to date with that sort of thing, aren't you? Do you have any idea who someone like that might be?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 pm 

'' Hmm, let me think...'' Hinami wondered for a moment.

'' There's Hantei-denka, but well...there's certain Doji maiden around him all the time so probably not. There's also the Crane Champion, but I doubt father would allow that match...'' She lowered her voice.'' well with the rumours that surround him. Besides you have the gift...'' There was a small pause there, with a bit of jealousy. '' ...Seppun-dono will want to carry on your talents, so that also limits my list. I don't know if Asahina Yajinden-sama has been betrothed, he appears to be eligible. He is not a daimyo, but he is a close friend of Hantei-denka so...'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm 

"I... I don't know. Surely father would not think someone a match worth causing issues with the Miya and Dragon just because they're close to the Hantei?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:04 am 

'' Hmmm, you are probably right....'' She wondered for a while. '' Yet the Dragon is a strange great clan, they barely have contact with the rest of the Empire. Their ways are completely odd and mysterious. Perhaps Seppun-Dono may want to have you close, instead of being secluded in some mountain or something?'' There was no much more that Hinami could thought about why her father would retire the engagement, offering an insult to both the Dragon clan and to Miya Odorihime-sama.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:08 pm 

"I wish I could talk to him. If I send a letter now, a reply won't reach us in time."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm 

'' Well there's no much we could do from here, just wait and see until our return. I'm sure that this is only a misunderstanding that will be quickly solved.'' She said encouraging her sister.

They continued walking towards her objective, but this information was not good for the Seppun family. '' I will have to do something...'' She whispered to herself, but perhaps Hikari managed to hear.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 pm 

There was silence for a little while between them; then suddenly there was a light slap on Hinami's back and a laugh.

"Well, at least now we're both going to be the subject of bad mouthing gossips, right?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next