Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: Tempura Shrimp (Master Tiger Shrimp, D1-LA)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 am 

Master Tiger Shrimp was a new establishment in town. As others had become gourmet restaurants, this new place had still the essence of value-for-price food. The place was a busy one, many had stopped going to Sushi, Baka, because of their new prices and atmosphere, and this one not only emulated the old one, but included new tempura dishes.

Wataru had wanted to try the new place for a while, so when Susumu-sama had expressed his desire to meet, he asked the fellow Gusai to meet him there for an early diner.

Last edited by Gusai Wataru on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: Tempura Shrimp (Master Tiger Shrimp, D1-LA)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 am 

The Mantis Captain arrived soon enough with an aura of anger about him. Hands behind his back, he walked in the restaurant seizing up the place then noticed Wata

''Wata-san'' he said with a light bow

His tone made it clear that his disposition was not directed at Wata and found it in himself to smile

"Congratulations on your performance today, I heard your have done great"

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm 

"Susumu-sama", he greeted cheerfully as he had high spirit today from the Explorer's test, "such great to see you, and to be praised by you. I hope you don't mind me participating in the test. I thought my performance would make the others try their best. I was actually expecting some competition." He offered a sly smile, since he had unexpectedly been asked to join the Mantis by the Champion, something that Susumu had asked him to do for a long time now. And he had gained it on his own.

But the new Mantis was not to just leave behind what impression he had from the Gusai, "Now that we are brothers of clan, if I may ask. We've known each other for quite some time now. I hope you confide in me and trust to say what bothers Susumu-sama."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm 

The Captain grinned ears to ears when he heard the news

''Wonderful news! Have you kept your name or changed it?'' he reached down his pocket and put five kokus on the table

''I thank you for your concern my friend but this moment should be about. We might talk later if you still wish for it however...and this is what I owe you for your work. I suppose you will also receive the mantis stipend and a kit?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:34 pm 

"Your clan has already given me enough, Susumu-sama. I think that the naming was part of my payment and could not get anything more from you. I consider being part of the Mantis our little victory." Wataru rejected the money, he had worked for it, but now he was already getting his regular payment, and was back on track to being someone respectable. "I have taken the name Gusai Wataru, leaving behind the ronin Wata, the shortest lived of my personas, being a new person and a new life as a Mantis."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm 

"I am glad for you Wataru-san but I will not cheat you if your earnings." He pushed the kokus towards his new clansmate once more

"You have worked for those, consider them a bonus in addition with everything else"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Your teachings have been great and inspiring. I do not think that I could had obtained this honor without that push that you have given me. I wouldn't had had the chance to be here had it not been for you, Susumu-sama."

(Since it's payment, I don't think the gift protocol is required. But Maybe just in case.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 am 

''You were already a competent seaman Wataru-san.'' he retorted

''You just needed the opportunity to show it and you have done that on your own''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am 

"I am most thankful, Sussumu-sama. I shall not disappoint you, and I hope I will be of great service to our clan." He added as he put the money into his pocket purse. Then he returned to the other Gusai with a smile, "you didn't think I had it in me to surprise Champion-sama so quickly, right? Specially after butting in the conversation in the gardens."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm 

He chuckled

''Perhaps Ryoshida left me with a different impression...but yes, I did not expect a courtier trained to impress at a martial event.''

He shrugged

''Still, my bet was successful so I won't complain.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am 

"I was a bit scared that I would have to join the Tortoise clan. I know too much about them to want to be in their shoes. I'm predicting some tensions and rivalry coming up on that clan. I think that we, as Mantis, should get this to our advantage, and maybe even get that fat Yasuki off his chair."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm 

''Of course'' he replied

''This is but the beginning: their power relied heavily on the monopoly they held with the Meraene on technology and trade.''

He whispered

''I am convinced that they want this to fail.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 am 

"If it's based on the Meraene, then we must assure to be present there with some translator when they deal with them, to avoid cultural problems."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am 

''That won't be a problem'' he replied with a wry smile

''We should aim for Thrane...and y'know get them some competition.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am 

"The success of the Mantis is the obstacle for the Tortoise. I will keep your words wisely, Susumu-sama."

/Scene?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:37 am 

/scene

Equipment (visible):

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]