Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 6 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: So Sayeth Hantei [EA2, Chrysanthemum Plaza]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:00 am 

A hide wooden platform had been erected at the central spot of the Plaza during the early hours. Work on it had lasted all morning and it had been lavishly decorated with silks and brocades in the emerald and gold of the Hantei. Banners depicting the chrysanthemums of the Imperial Line lined up the construction, fluttering on the wind. The security had been heightened, and many Seppun took positions across the area, guarding passages, chokepoints and the platform itself. The governor was actually moving around, barking commands.

All eminent personas currently in the city began to gather. Miya Odorihime, followed by Doji Tsugiko and Asahina Yajiden, Moshi Noriko and other eminent sensei of the Imperial Naval College, Miya Ietada, to the left of the dais. Seppun Hassei also took his place there, closing the left leg. But there was also a row of places left empty on the right, with no clear indication who would fill it since Jama's yojimbo Suru usually remained standing behind.

Jama's palanquin was yet to arrive, but the crowd of inhabitants of the city was already thick.

Post subject: Re: So Sayeth Hantei [EA2, Chrysanthemum Plaza]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 am 

Tori makes her entrance alongside her fellow sensei of the Academy to stand behind Noriko, wearing what now serves as her formalwear, a far cry from Doji high fashion at court, but an appropriate compromise for her station, bearing a significantly higher degree of practicality.

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 am 

The Mantis captain observed the dias from afar, anxious to know who would be the chosen captains of the three great ships.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 am 

"Excuse me, Gusai-sama?" a voice came from behind the Mantis, and if he would turn around, he would see a freckled ronin looking back at him with curious eyes. Hopeful. She wore silks the colour of autumn, rust and sunset, flowers embroidered on her long sleeves. Her brown hair was greying prematurely, and pinned back in a simple knot behind her head.

"This one begs a moment of your time, if I can, before the announcement. I am called Ran. I hear you might be looking for sailors aboard your mighty ship."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 am 

Susumu turned to seize up the ronin that just introduced herself to him. He did not know where she had heard this but he respected her guts.

''You might have heard correctly Ran-san but I am sure the future captains would need sailors as well.'' He he shruged and gave her a smile ''Whatever the case I can certainly spare a few minutes before the prince's speech. Why is it that you come to me specifically?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:29 am 

"Of course. Of course," she nodded much at his rebuttal, but gave a slight smile when he agreed to let her talk.
"I am sizing up a few captains, and am aware that where I end up may be up to the Fates themselves, but I thought an introduction wouldn't hurt, neh? I have experience with ships, but onboard and in their construction. I am a wayfinder of sorts, and have solid study in weather forecasting, which has proved useful aboard the vessels that have carried me up and down the coast of Rokugan.
I'm good with my hands, Gusai-sama, the gift of crafting comes easily to me. I wanted to make an impression on you."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 am 

Seppun Kaiya and Sakia were present at this gathering, off on the side as they just arrived and speaking with someone of functional authority to find exactly where they should be. Followed, surely, with some minor pleasantries before entering the Plaza proper.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 am 

''Very useful skill indeed'' he said, impressed ''I am glad to see that the explorers have capable persons such as yourself''

He spotted a place where they could both sit and invited her there

''Might I ask where you have sailed?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 am 

She followed, grateful, "Thank you for your interest. Hai, um, starting at Shiro Shiba, I made my way from vessel to vessel as south as Shiro Doji. Understand I did not have a destination in mind, simply travelling for the experience, so I can learn as much as I can, from as many as would teach me... and then have been on my way back up and found myself here in Dragon's Guard City."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:54 am 

He listened to her word diligently and nodded approvingly

''I must praise your entrepreneurship Ran-san. I respect someone who can prove self-reliant and ready to face new challenges''

He crossed his arms

''If you started at Shiro Shiba, must I understand you were Phoenix?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 am 

She tilted her head to one side, and wrinkled her freckled nose just a little.

"We don't... um...." How to word this... her index finger itched her temple lightly. "We don't usually talk about who we were before we aligned on this path, Gusai-sama. I mean no offense... It's just sort of... considered rude."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:01 am 

Yasuhiro had arrived at the Plaza as well, prepared for whatever this day might have in store for him. Though whatever it was would likely pale in comparison to the happenings of yesterday. He watched the crowd as much as the dais, eyes skimming across those who were there already,

He recognized a few from the meeting earlier this day, but he didn't approach them, after all he hadn't really spoken at all to most of them.

((PM if approaching?))

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:07 am 

Hinami would not even dare to miss this gathering and welcoming of Hantei-denka. Because of Lady Amaterasu's warm today, she decided to wear not her junihitoe but she chose a very fine furisode to greet the imperial prince.

As the daughter of one of the most powerful men in the empire, it was rather obvious that she will be allowed at the main dais, right? She was a Seppun afterall.

In any case, she slowly approached the main dais, every single movement showing grace, she bowed with respect to every single important person currently already there, and finally she find a place, on the left side. She was a trained courtier, she could feel that the right side of seats were left empty for a special reason.

She just stood there looking at the rest of the people, waiting for Hantei-denka to appear.

[OOC-Rolls]

Etiquette/Awareness; Looking for the right place to sit; +1k0 Prodigy; +1k1 Void - 35

Last edited by Seppun Hinami on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:24 am 

Ran wrote:
She tilted her head to one side, and wrinkled her freckled nose just a little.

"We don't... um...." How to word this... her index finger itched her temple lightly. "We don't usually talk about who we were before we aligned on this path, Gusai-sama. I mean no offense... It's just sort of... considered rude."

He chuckled

''I must apologise then. If you chose not to reveal this information then I respect it.'' he scratched his chin

''Normally I would hold a more in depth interview and test your skill...I might still do that later but this is now."

He paused

''If you are a member of the Imperial explorers then you might find yourself oriented towards a specific place. Should you still be able to choose and come to me then I can assure you that I treat my crew fairly, prefering to judge them by competence and merit rather then birth or station. Following this, in private endeavors someone in my employ can expect to be lodged and fed in a manner suitable for most clan samurai and perhaps even better. There can be given a stipend of around four to five kokus once the work is done. The stipend may very well increase depending on how well the work was done and the profitability of the trade. While I cannot offer you a place in my clan I can sponsor it if your prove interested and able.''

He turned to her ''Would these condition be acceptable?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 am 

Following the interview with Jama and Yajinden, she was instructed that there would be an event of special magnificence that she would have interest in attending. She moved to the plaza and found a place to sit out of the way and watch as the square filled with people.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 am 

Rokuro took his place, out of the way, waiting until the events began.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 am 

She nodded a little, and a small smile touched her lips.

"Hai. I will be honest with you however, Gusai-sama. I have been shopping around, and have spoken to another captain. Asahina Tori-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:48 am 

The Scorpion Courtier was in attendance. Stinger painted beneath his right, vibrant and unnaturally green eye. The mask affixed to his face. His fan held open, shielding the bottom of his face.

Awaiting what was to be announced.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 am 

Yasuhiro had noticed the Seppun-Sama girl as she ascended to the dias. He hadn't really expected that, but let it pass. Apparently she was someone of more importance then he had thought.

Last edited by Matsu Yasuhiro on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 am 

Edogawa found a suitable place, distant from those he was close to. That was best.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Page 1 of 6 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next