Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Silver And Yang (D2, LM)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 am 

But, but... charcoal was such a cheap and inelegant medium! Only good for quick sketching when needing to illustrate something swiftly.

"Hm is that so?" Her fingers tapped against her chin in thought. "... I wonder if it is possible to create something similar to charcoal with colours. I might just have to ask my brother-in-law about that. Though, he is also going on the expedition, so I would advise to stop by his workshop some time today. It is not far from here; it's called The Wheel."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:14 pm 

Kuuru nodded. "I will do that. What is your brother-in-law's name if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 pm 

"Agasha Sanjuro," she said with a nod. "He is a skilled inventor and smith, and well, he does like new challenges and opportunities. I am certain the two of you would find some common ground swiftly."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm 

Kuuru chuckled again. "Another inventor, I think I am beginning to see a pattern here. But yes, I will speak to him about this. Thank you for the advice." He paused for a moment. "Hopefully my meeting with him goes better than my last meeting with an in-law." He chuckled again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:58 pm 

"Oho?" she chuckled as well, "pray tell, what happened? A disapproving mother-in-law, perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm 

Kuuru's smile faltered slightly. "Ah, Father-In-Law actually. My wife's father is Kaiu Shimatsu, the shipwright, you may have heard of him. And well... We do not see eye to eye. He has a very... Precice picture of what the world should be in his head, and I happen to disagree with said picture. And he happens to disagree with my picture of what the world should be..." Kuuru paused. "Our last meeting ended in a... Well a rather loud shouting match between myself and him. We had both had a bit too much sake that night... I was afraid my poor wife was going to die of embarrasment." Kuuru scratched the back of his head.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:17 pm 

"Ah, I do believe I have heard the name, yes," she nodded, listening to the rest of his story.

Well, it was probably for the best that her own family was so far away from Dragon lands. No doubt there would be a great many things her parents would disagree with when it came to Ryuden... not so much that they had refused the match, of course.

"Heh," Utsu stifled a laugh, "it does tend to go that way when men start drinking, is my experience, particularly the shouting match between eachother. I would have thought that two Kaiu would not have that many disagreements though, seeing as how your Family have long been supporters of progressive norms."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm 

Kuuru nodded. "My father-in-law and I we agree on many things. And are similar in many respects as well. That may be why we have such a complicated relationship. He always thinks he is right, and that his way is the only way. He is a gifted shipwright, true, but he overlooks some aspects of shipdesign that could be used to create a better vessel. In fact... The first time I met him, he showed me some of his designs and I pointed out how he could improve them. He gave me the most murderous stare..." He chuckled. "I can't say that I'm not a part of the problem either. Because I can be pretty stubborn at times too... Just ask my wife."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm 

Ringo explores the marketplace once again. He continues looking for parts that he may need to work on his projects and considers some things he may want in the future. Spotting the Dragon and Crab he offers them a bow but doesn't interrupt.

/ Commerce roll to come /

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:42 pm 

Kaiu Kuuru wrote:
Kuuru nodded. "My father-in-law and I we agree on many things. And are similar in many respects as well. That may be why we have such a complicated relationship. He always thinks he is right, and that his way is the only way. He is a gifted shipwright, true, but he overlooks some aspects of shipdesign that could be used to create a better vessel. In fact... The first time I met him, he showed me some of his designs and I pointed out how he could improve them. He gave me the most murderous stare..." He chuckled. "I can't say that I'm not a part of the problem either. Because I can be pretty stubborn at times too... Just ask my wife."

"Mhm," she nodded, laughing softly. "And your wife can be equally stubborn, I would guess? A strong-headed man needs a woman who knows how to knock him down a peg or two when he gets too carried away."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:59 pm 

Kuuru laughed and nodded. "Haha! You are correct. It is one of the many reasons I love her, she is my anchor. She keeps me on target, if I get distracted or too stubborn for my own good." He looked wistful for a moment.
Kuuru offered his cousin a bow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:00 am 

"It sounds like you two have a blessed union, Kaiu-san. Congratulations," she bowed her head with a mirthful smile on her face, though wondering if she felt the same way in the first time of her own marriage. Well, it probably would have been more like that, had circumstances been different.

"Though I should finish my errands... there are a few more items I should pick up before it all gets too hectic in the coming days."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 am 

Kuuru smiled. "Thank you. I am sometimes amazed at how lucky I am."
When she mentions her errands Kuuru nods. "Of course of course. Dont let me keep you any longer. It was a pleasure to meet you Utsusemi-San, I wish you a good voyage if we don't meet before then." Kuuru bowed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 am 

Ringo doesn't have any luck finding anything useful. He offers the departing Dragon another bow. He remains silent otherwise, waiting to see if she will acknowledge his presence or simply leave at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 am 

"And the same to you," she bowed to Kuuru, then Ringo. "Fortunes keep you both safe, Kaiu-san, Hida-san. "

Another bow to both Crabs, and the mother of dragons continued on her way.

/exit

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 am 

"Carry the Fortunes Agasha-sama." Ringo offers the woman a polite bow farewell.

He looks over to the other Crab. "Ohayo Kaiu-san. Are you out shopping this morning?"

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2