Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Plots within Plots [D6 LE]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 am 

Xabier awaited for his guest in the hearthroom. He held a cup as he stared into the flames, admiring the shadows they cast on the seastone.

Today was going to be a night ripe with plots.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

Post subject: Re: Plots within Plots [D6 LE]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 am 

After his meeting with the Magistrate, Anzai had known he would have to make good time to the home of the captain of the Amaterasu's Grace. Still dressed in his new formal kimono, he approached the abode. The sights and sounds of the East Port were just as lovely as night as they had been that morning. The Scorpion moved with purpose, making his way to the entrance.

Curious as to what the captain wanted.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:16 am 

From the entrance, the Scorpion would be taken to the hearthroom after he made his way through the estate's gardens. The garden, if it could be called that, was populated by large oaks that seemed to capture the mist in their peaks. A deft eye could probably notice pale yellow mushrooms growing under the oaks shadows and those well versed in herbs and nature could quickly identify the mushrooms as death caps, a fairly poisonous mushroom.

Once the Scorpion is in the heartroom, he will see the Tortoise silently staring at the fire. His silence will continue for a few moments before he turns with a smile. "Shosuro-san," his tone warm and pleasant. "Thank you for coming."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 am 

"Muhaki-taicho." He bowed respectfully. Akarei had given him the run down of the captain and first mate meeting. Still, Anzai had his own reasons for coming.

He respected the Captain, and would consider him a friend.

"It is my pleasure. How can I be of assistance?" He would hold back the news of being made the Emerald Magistrate's yoriki.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:26 am 

"Oh," he smiled gleefully. "I see you're going straight to business."

Xabier gestured the help away, leaving him alone with the Shosuro. "Then I shall cut to the chase. I need you to do spread something for me."

"I need you to spread two rumors. The first in the East Port that the priests of the Lost Daughter are consorting with the newcomers to add their Gods to the mosque and the second in the West Port that the Iman was seen with Miya Suihime and that they were discussing a potential invasion of Merenae. Both of them have to be untraceable to us."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:36 pm 

Anzai would tilt his head for a moment. Miscolored eyes watching the man closely. Bringing a hand to his chin, he ruminated for a moment.

"I've made no secret of my attempts to ease the tension of the local populace about the designs of our fleet. An exchange of cultures and ideas for greater understanding." He spoke softly, no hint of other thoughts in his words.

Or his own feelings on the matter. "What you ask is second nature to me, Muhaki-Taicho. I do wish to seek further understanding of why you are asking this. Miya Suihime is a close friend of mine. While my words would be untraceable, you can see my position." His mind turning over possibilities in his thoughts.

"If you could reveal yourself a bit, I may be able to ascertain how to best implement your plot here." He smiled, his words laced with honey. "I would have no issue helping you, my friend."

Secrets Are Birthmarks (Awareness 4, Courtier 7, Benten's Blessing, 1VP, 2FR from Zabi disads): 10d10o10k7+10 71 (spent the FR for two static +5s, noted in the roll. Resist with Etiquette (Courtesy)/Awareness. If failed, Zabieru would reveal one mental or social disadvantage in casual conversation. Just the disadvantage rulebook name, i.e. I could learn he has a dark secret, but not the specific nature of it)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:11 pm 

The Tortoise smirked as the Scorpion spoke, his expression darkening with the flicker of the flames. "I am not an honorable man Shosuro-san," he finally spoke. "To me, Bushido is a code that does not fit the world at large. A relic of a distant past that, sure, we should cherish but that we shouldn't allow to rule our lives."

"I like Miya-san, I do not wish her harm," he continued. "But for the appreciation I have for the Miya, I too have hatred for the Tarkhanate and their faith. Let's do like this," he tapped his chin. "The Iman approached Miya Suihime for potential support in an invasion of Merenae, only to be denied by her."

"I want them to be labeled as warmongering and vile. I want the reputation of their priests to be covered in the shit that paves the slums," he grinned. "Can you help me do that Shosuro-san?"

--
Revealing FoB: Honor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 pm 

Anzai didn't seem to react with what Zabieru told him. He wasn't surprised by the man's failing of Bushido. Certainly that would be very different had other outcomes not been the same. He wouldn't forget that, however. "Honor can be a hindrance in doing what must be done, Muhaki-taicho." A slight smirk as he spoke, before nodding.

"I am much more comfortable with that change to your plot. I can see this done. And speaking of the Priests of the Lost Daughter..." he mused for a moment, biting the tip of his tongue as he thought.

"Do you believe they are who they claim they are? And why the hatred for the Tarkhanate? I've yet to encounter one of them. What should I be prepared for?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:16 pm 

"Perhaps," he shrugged. "It doesn't really matter who they were or who they claim to be. What matters is what they are now. And now they are an enemy in waiting."

The man smiled and chuckled. "No hatred my friend, merely the goals of the Empire in mind."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 am 

Enemies in waiting? He would consider this. A Scorpion above all else, he understood the power of deception. Yet Akaichou seemed so earnest.

Perhaps there was more to consider.

"What danger do these Ki-rin present? I prefer to operate with as much information as possible."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm 

He pondered a good analogy.

"Imagine the Lion," he started. "Now imagine they are not subjects to anyone or anything, they have free reign to invade and they are twice as cunning and twice as vicious."

"That is what the Tarkhanate is."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

He pondered the analogy. Thinking back to the little truths...

How to defeat the Lion? Study what their grandfather did.

"I should learn as much of the Tarkhanate as I can, then. To know my... 'enemy'... as much as possible. Where would you suggest starting, Muhaki-taicho." He watched the other man for any reaction, any hint of insight.

Either the Ki-rin were who they said they were, or this was a plot most foul.

Either way, he would need to be prepared.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm 

"Little Aqaba is as good a place as any," he replied. "You will notice most of their stratum. From their perfumed merchants to their gruff mamluks passing through their veiled women."

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]