Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: [D11 EE] Building from within
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 pm 

In the evening after the drills and before the battle, Ran was deep in contemplation at the temple, looking for guidance and advice.

Not just from the Fortunes regarding tomorrow, but also Ran wanted to speak to the monks and priests who had listened to their call in their hearts and joined the temple. Ran wanted to get to know them and learn what she could do as supervisor and now as Daimyo to aide them.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [D11 EE] Building from within
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm 

Answering her call, the shugenja, monks, artisans and workers came to see the woman Muhaki Saionji had named the head of the Someisa. They were a diverse lot.

A Four Temples monk from Ichoji, who had served as Abbot Daisen's assistant before coming here. A serious man with clear purpose of expanding Rokugani beliefs to the frontiers. His name was Bunkanji, and he was not beyond ambition of becoming the abbot of this temple. He was assisted by two new devotees of Sadahako, one little more than beautiful child, as well as several sohei and budoka. The group was ready to submit to her orders as soon as she was ready to give them their monastic duties.

Standing alone was Asako Torideyo her former cousin she had met on the island before as she had been guiding heimin artisans and craftsmen. Enlightenment through art was all that mattered to her, and Ran knew she was willing to swear fealty and follow her guidance as long as it matched her broader spiritual principles.

And there was Asahina Chisagawa, a shugenja-researcher, not unlike Yajinden, and in fact his long-time friend from dojo years in Jukami Mura. A group of ronin artisans, formerly of the Kakita, clung to him and would follow his decision. He was a unknown quality. His curiosity had mostly been sated. He had marked the stars during the journey, and here on the island, and while his interest in the presence of kami in foreign lands could use further attention, he was of two minds whether to return or to stay. There were many things about the island and its people Chisagawa and his artisan followers didn't like, and he still may have been clinging to the idea of Crane superiority. Chisagawa had not been very active with the temple, nor was his group, spending much time confined to the Asahina Library, harboring bad memories of the locals from the time at the Shrine to Kasuga.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 pm 

"Thank you for joining me this evening. Ichigo-san thanks you as well," she nodded to the baby grandfather turtle in the small pond she had had a hand in digging out for him, near the entrance to the temple.

She bowed low and humble in turn to each samurai there. Her time as ronin still fresh in her mind, her rise had not gone to Ran's head. Forever humble, forever a student looking for guidance, even now that she was the Someisa daimyo.

"Bunkanji-san, I want to thank you for your efforts and highlight what you have brought to the temple of Lady Sadahako. And I want to elevate you to the position you seek, that of abbot of this place when I leave. My betrothed and I, as I am sure you are all aware by now, will be continuing on eastward with the Explorers. I know I leave this temple in good hands and have faith and assurance that the message Lady Sadahako brings of perseverance and hard work, coupled with artistic endeavor, will only grow under your guidance."

To her former cousin, Ran turned then and softened, giving the woman a wide smile. They had not seen each other since they were girls. It had been heartwarming to find her here.
"Torideyo-chan, I'm willing to hear you now, in front of those gathered this evening, before our temple we've built, I want to be your cousin again and welcome you into the Tortoise."
Ran nodded- there was much to share with Torideyo yet, and a short window of time to do it.

"And finally, to Asahina-sama and his artisans, I welcome you here and thank you for everything you have done. The brilliant and beautiful artistry, the peace you've brought to this place. It's all thanks to you. I hope when you reflect here, that you will be touched by Lady Sadahako and she will grant her blessings upon you, as she has touched so many since her ascention to a Fortune by Hantei-no-kimi. Lady Sadahako is a being of eternal grace and kindness, and I can only pray that you will choose to stay and follow in her footsteps. We have our differences but I believe you all are a strength, one I would like to see join the Someisa family. We continue to grow and seek the best, those who might enlighten those around them. I hope to spark your light."

D11 Awa/Sincerity Paragon 1 CR: 9d10o10k4 27

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:04 am 

Bunkanji nodded firmly, looking straight at her. He never fully got rid of his samurai pride. "Your will will be done, Someisa-ue. We are your servants. I am glad that the Faith of the Kami and Fortunes is being brought here, to shine above heathen beliefs. Our diligent work is yours. The temple is already grand, but we will make it greater in your absence. Am I right, Torideyo-sama?"

The woman smiled and bowed deeply. "You are my suzerain now, Ran-ue. I pledge myself to thee. We've been brought across the boundaries of what we were used to imagining as the end of the world. Here, in this world of infinite mystery, enlightenment may be within grasp. I will stay and ensure that Lady Sadahako is revered in line with her domain, through art." She glanced at Chisagawa, amused. "And I hope you shall assist us, friends."

The momentum took Chisagawa over. He struggled to remain true to his own convictions though, wanted to preserve at least some. "I am a Crane by heart, Someisa-ue. On this island I feel most at home in the library founded by Asahina Tori-sama and frequented by my dear friend, Yajinden-sama. I thought about going back to Rokugan as this journey was too much for me, but perhaps my personal preferences should be given less importance. You clearly need us to remain to not see this holy initiative crippled, and we would fail in many ways if we departed now. The temple needs a priest."

He paused.

"I won't be dishonest with you, Ran-ue; there are other things that prevent me from heading back. The laws that stigmatise my gift to speak with the kami, the brutality of the Crab against my home, the painful turmoil in my own Clan that has rendered my cousins here thrust on the waves, literally and figuratively. Kameyama has been a shelter for us, all things considered. So I think this: you know of a precedence of Asahina Seido, erected near Michita Yasumi to honour the marriage of my family's founder to Doji Kiriko. If you agree this temple to be similarly concelebrated, by both the Asahina and the Someisa, and my name will stay thus with me, I will convince these former Kakita to join the fold of your family to enhance its glory. If you are amenable to this solution, there would no longer be any problem to consider the Asahina Library in the West Port the premises under the same spiritual calling as the Temple of Sadahako. In this duality we can be together."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:09 pm 

Ran sort of banked on Bunkanji being swept up, and her On revealed a small smile at his words, and she inclined her head before her gaze drifted to the turtle pond.

"I think your solution is an elegant one, and the Lady Sadahako-no-kimi celebrates those who persevere through small steps. I will agree to your terms."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm 

"Then we have an agreement, Someisa-ue." Chisagawa smiled and bowed. "If it would please you I will write on the merits of this arrangement to Kamatari-ue. I think he might be endeared to learn that in the era of rampant materialism a truly spiritual family is emerging. With the demise of our Isawa cousins the Asahina might look for new allies."

He looked to others and they understood the message. With Ran's permission they would rush back to their now official duties, leaving Chisagawa and Ran with an opportunity to speak in private.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 pm 

"Walk with me," she invited him to join her, as they began to move around the temple slowly, at a conversational pace. There was much on her mind.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:33 pm 

Chisagawa bowed and followed his better, waiting for her to express her thoughts.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]