Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Gotta Knock a Little Harder (Day 13 Early Morning.)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:22 am 

The Temple of Sadahako, he couldn't particularly say it was a temple he would normally visit. As fortunes went, Bishamon and Kaze no Kami were the one's he most often prayed to, though Suitengu had been a name he had been mentioning often as well. Unfortunately none of them had a temple on the island, a oversight for sure, but an unavoidable fact as well.

So Yasuhiro was left with only one option, and that was to pray here. Sadahako wouldn't be the only one to receive his prayers though, and he would have to offers apologies for that, one thing at a time though. Paying the proper respects to the temple he walked inside. Hopefully at this hour it would be empty.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Gotta Knock a Little Harder (Day 13 Early Morning.)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:27 pm 

Kneeling before the shrine he lit a few pieces of incense and dipped his head as he moved to begin his prayers. Their was a momentary pause though before he began. He had been about to do it again. Rely on others, even if they were fortunes and not humans, he had told himself to avoid that.

No, Yasuhiro would over his thanks for watching over him, but he could not ask for their aide, it was theirs to give if they wished, but nothing more then that. Taking a deep calming breath he began to soundlessly deliver his thanks, they all deserved that much for watching over him in the battle at the very least.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:53 pm 

The temple wasn't empty, as Utsusemi was there early to make sure everything was ready for the festival and the following wedding. Properly dressed, the Agasha did not interrupt the Lion as she too took a brief moment to light incense and give her thanks.

She had been working hard on seeing this temple built, and today was a monumental day to their efforts. It was only right she would show her respect and gratitude to the Fortunes as well.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:52 pm 

The Lion's suplications didn't last too long, and soon enough he was rising to his feet, and smoothing any creases in his kimono. Yasuhiro thought about departing after that, but decided to linger for a few moments, he hadnt seen the Dragon Matron in quite some time after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:11 am 

Not one to tarry when there was still much to do, Utsusemi bowed deeply as she finished her prayers. One of many she would give today when she would find the time.

She rose to her feet with a natural grace and turned around, a little surprised to see that the Koritome was still there. Her slender fingers brushed out the faint wrinkles of her clothes. "Matsu-san," she bowed respectfully. "... It's good to have a temple to offer our prayers in at last, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:03 am 

"Agasha-sama." Yasuhiro turned to face her properly before returning the bow. The Lion hadn't spent a moment in town since he returned from the battle, so conversations with other samurai had been minimal.

"Yes, I've been missing having a place to offer my prayers, as many years on the island the tortoise had been here I would of thought they would construct some shrines. I was never able to locate any though." His eyes moves across the building. "Its good work you have done here."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am 

Utsusemi couldn't help but agree a little with that. The sorry-thing calling itself a 'shrine' to Kasuga was hardly a shrine... if anything, it seemed more like some sort of seedy bar.

"Thank you, though I cannot take all the credit. Many people contributed greatly to this project, and I certainly would not have been able to do it without Ran-sama, or my brother-in-law." She looked him over with some concern. That he had not been among the others she had treated after the battle was something she had noticed. "I hope you were not too badly wounded in the fighting, Matsu-san?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:39 am 

Calling the former Ronin Ran-sama was a bit amusing, but Yasuhiro couldn't comment. It wasn't his place to question such things after all. "Nothing I couldn't tend to myself Agasha-sama, I'm a bit more used to the battlefield then most others, so my injuries remained comparatively light."

"I hope your yojimbo is recovering well? I saw him fall during the fighting, and I must admit I was a bit concerned."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 am 

"He is well now," she nodded slightly, "Asahina-sama healed the worst of his wounds with the kami's aid, and my own skill has been enough to see him return to his duties today."

Yasuhiro's concern was noted though... she almost didn't think the Lion had it in him. "I'm sure he would be happy to hear you were concerned for him though, Matsu-san. The two of you seem to be friends?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 am 

"That's good to hear, it's good no lasting harm came to him, he has a good hand with a blade and it will likely be needed in the future." Perhaps those words would disappoint her, but the Lion didn't seem to mind.

"I wouldn't call us friends though, he's someone I don't mind working with. As long as he doesn't ask questions at inappropriate times at least..." He trailed off for a moment. "No offense intended, but his curiosity seems to get the best of him at times."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:30 pm 

She smirked lightly. "I apologise then if my yojimbo has caused you trouble... I've learned in my time among the Dragon that they encourage inquisitiveness, particularly among the Agasha. Considering Kenzo-san has worked with my husband for some time, I'm not surprised it has rubbed off on him."

She looked back to the shrine, sighing softly. "To ask questions and consider different theories is good for a mission of exploration... perhaps less so for a mission vengeance and battle."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 am 

"Exactly so." He offered with a slight smile. "Though I admit after the events of yesterdays I have some questions of my own." The Lion shook his head.

"Not that such things should likely be voiced."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:27 am 

Utsusemi's eyebrow arched slightly.

"... Any questions I might help with, Matsu-san? I am no priest, but... I feel I have gotten used to the role of offering advise and guidance to you younger samurai."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:56 pm 

He shook his head. "Not particularly Agasha-sama, though I thank you for the offer. I feel that its something that oncs shared will only cause more problems after all."

The Lion took a few moments to observe the older woman. "So you have been giving out quite a bit of advice on this trip then?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:21 am 

"Occassionally," she nodded slightly. "When people have come seeking advice, I have offered it. It was only one time it was something I was made to do, but otherwise I prefer that people ask rather than having me chase everyone down and say what I think they need to hear."

She chuckled a little. "It requires wisdom in itself to be willing to seek counsel, after all. The time I had to give it when someone clearly didn't want to hear it, well..." Utsusemi sighed, "it didn't go so well."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:00 am 

"I could only imagine Agasha-sama. Most do not wish to hear where they might of strayed. Especially when it's from someone not there on their own accord." It was why he himself kept silent most times, not that any would listen to him if he spoke regardless.

He offered the dragon woman a crooked smile. "Unfortunately you won't be able to offer me the council I seek. I believe we stand on the opposite banks of a river Agasha-sama, while the things you would share with me may be enlightening, I'm not sure I'd be able to hear it clearly."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm 

Utsusemi laughed softly. "That all depends, but of course you are making the assumption that what I say is not what you want or need to hear. The person on the other side of the river see another perspective than you do."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 pm 

He chuckled softly in return. "That's not what I said Agasha-sama, though it illustrates my point well. I may need to hear what you have to say, but since I believe we stand on opposite sides of the river, It's quite possible twist or misunderstand the words. Take my own meaning from it."

"That's the nature of yelling across a river isn't it? I know I've encountered it's like several times in the weeks I've spent here."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:01 pm 

"Perhaps we shall speak more clearly, Matsu-san?" she suggested with a coy smile, even if she was completely serious. "I admit I am not very good at being cryptic or wise like a Dragon is supposed to be, and my Doji-upbringing often makes me... less clear when I should be."

"I am quite willing to hear what you have to say, for I do not believe I can find the right path and follow it if I only listen to those on the same side of the river. The ones on the other side might be warning me of what might be further down the river, after all."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:52 pm 

The Lions lipped curled into a slight smirk, and he shook his head softly. "War is what lies further down the river Agasha-sama, and not the one's between a clan or two at a time. Hantei-no-kimi had goals with the battle yesterday, but revenge as you said wasn't his main one. He was after the treasure of Hawthorne, the guns and ships and cannons we found after the battle yesterday. How he knew about them I don't know, but they were always his true aim, and it is my belief he would of sacrificed all of us to achieve it."

"I can't say what his reasons might be for wanting those weapons, but I can say you don't go hunting for weapons when you have positive intentions in mind. What I know is the man embraces progress. That Asahina Yajinden encouraged me to abandon bushido to better serve the Hantei, that there is a rift, a river as it were forming between our people, and few move to try to mend it." There was a small pause, "I myself am guilty of that."

"This is not a time where we can afford to be weak Agasha-sama, but I feel as a nation we are. We are divided with no vision of unity on the horizon, and on our doorsteps knock the Merenaese and the Unicorn. One with their ways, which have already started to slowly seep into ours, and the other with an army larger then any the Lion at least can muster."

"Our nation our ways are in danger, or that's how I see it, and more and more people just keep opening the door."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next