Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Gotta Knock a Little Harder (Day 13 Early Morning.)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:29 pm 

"Nothing is without a few disagreements," she chuckled warmly. "All things must start somewhere, and as long as one stays focused on the bigger picture over immediate gain, I think there is hope..."

"So... may you live in interesting times?" Utsusemi commented as she recalled that particular saying.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:18 pm 

"I could do with a little less interesting Agasha-sama." The Lion replied his face deadpan. "I'll manage one way or another though."

"As for hope, I'd say there is some, not much, at least in my mind. So many seem to be charging blindly forward. As you said, we have to start somewhere though."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:32 pm 

"I could do with less interesting times myself..." she thought, but mostly for her children's sake. The last she wanted was for those two to be caught up in a bloody civil war between two idiotic princes who would happily plunge the Empire into destruction just so one of them could rule the rubble.

Utsusemi sighed, her gaze drawn to the effigy of Sadahako. "Such a shame, to think that the nobility of Hantei-kami and Akodo-kami is already forgotten. Two brothers who, despite both wanting the same thing, in the end saw reason and did not shed the blood of their kin."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm 

So it wasn't just him who thought the line of the Hantei had declined, ever since the time of Retsuhime things in the empire had started to take a turn for the worse. Now it was reaching a culmination in this pair of brothers. "I have been thinking in a similar vain myself, if these two brothers were to meet in a tournament with ruling the empire on the line. I can't help but wonder if more then one would exit."

"I wonder what the means for the empire, for the clans as well. I saw a bit of that future during the battle I believe, and after it as well when Hantei-no-kimi acquire his treasure. Even then though, I feel it's only the tip of the sword, i believe there is more of the same to come."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:16 am 

Utsusemi nodded, softly exhaling as it seemed she and Yasuhiro were of similar minds on the larger picture.

"Your opinion of the battle, and after? I only have had Kenzo-san's report to go on, and he was too wounded to see much of the outcome after... and I feel fortunate I was not there. My skills in combat isn't much to boast about... I would only have been a hindrance to others."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:48 pm 

"My honest one? That vengence was never the main goal of all this. That Hawthorne's treasure was the true aim. It is the only explanation for our flag ship to charge one of Hawthorne's supporting vessels and board it. They were so content with it in fact that they almost lost the grace in their search of the enemy vessel. Honestly they did lose our flag ship, the Yamato and Ashitae managed to free it though."

"They got what the wished though, whatever key to open the treasure vault they needed, and as Hawthorne retreated Hantei-no-kimi had us sail to retrieve it." He shook his head. "This is where the truth of matters finally came out. The treasure was kept in some sort of temple of snake people. There were many of them frozen in time there. The admiral had no interest in them though, orvthier priestess that asked us to leave. No, he had only eyes for the treasure."

"The snake woman had some sort of fit, obviously somewhat unsettled, and wishing to save her people. Some wanted to kill her as this weaponless creature thrashed in pain on the deck of one of our ships. Others preached mercy. I asked Hantei-no-kimi what we should do."

"His response? Decide ourselves, there was no move to end our bickering. He only wished to get his hands on Hawthorne's treasure." The Lion paused. "You could say I'm no expert on bushido, though I know more then some. When one speaks of duty though you realize its a two way path. A lord must care for his followers, and his men must follow his words."

"The Prince expects us to follow him, but he refuses to lead. He expects loyalty, but he only seems to pursue his own goals. He sees discontent among our ranks and he makes no moves. By letting us bicker, and not trying to make us one cohesive unit, he fails as as commander, and this is no clan force. No ronin band. It's the Imperial Navy, by failing to combine us... Well I'll let you come to ther conclusion of what that means." To Yasuhiro it meant it failed the empire, it failed the Hantei.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:29 pm 

Utsusemi listened quietly but with great attention. She had heard bits and pieces of the discovery of the treasure, but not the details that Yasuhiro was sharing.

"I see," she said after a few moments, turning thoughtful. "It is troubling indeed..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 pm 

"Mmmm." He grunted his agreement. The disgusting part was that Jama had likely gained supporters here. Petty people whose loyalty could be bought. That some might be his clan mates was a saddening thought that did not enter his mind.

Merenaese

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3