Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Nuptials in the Time of Blood and Iron [LA13]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:12 pm 

But it was empty. The temple bells chimed as Yajinden continued benedictions for the newlywed. Soon, tsuno kakushi would be placed on Bellena's head. Jama proclaimed the wedding legitimate and congratulated the Tortoise Champion. The ceremony was done.

Now, a long pilgrimage down the mountain would suffice for a fill of any piety someone could find lacking in the proceedings. Down there, the wedding celebrations awaited, that would naturally blend into the Festival of the River of Stars once Amaterasu would set. An evening of joy and romance, inspired by a case of true love that ended not in tragedy, but before the priest.

[Berena and Saionji acquire Blissful Betrothal.]

[Posting can continue in the thread but GM involvement is done.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:29 pm 

Bellena would take her place in the celebrations and speak with anyone that wished to approach...

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 am 

As the festivities began, and everyone began to approach the newly-weds with gifts and congratulations, Utsusemi waited a while before building up her own courage to approach.

The Dragon matron bowed deeply to the Lord and Lady of the Tortoise, maintaining the proper decorum reserved for the differences in their station. "Allow me to offer my most heartfelt congratulations to the both of you on your wedding day. May you both be blessed with many good years together and healthy children."

She rose slightly from her bow. "My wedding gift to the two of you is not something that I can give in a physical form, as it is a performance..." a slight hesitation, "a work that I created for the day when the Temple to Sadahako-no-kami would stand ready. If it would please you, I would be grateful to perform this for all, in honour of both your union and the memory of the wonderful lady who has joined the Fortunes of the Celestial Heavens."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:47 am 

Saionji politely shook his head, “You’ve already provided so much for the temple and us individually, there is a point where we need to stop ourselves from gorging on your gifts.”

————

Ghosting Saionji with permission.

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:53 am 

Utsusemi smiled gently. "Muhaki-dono, you are too kind. For the temple, I was merely carrying out the will of a Hantei in seeing it built, and I have been so greatly honoured by the friendship and kindness you both have shown me. The least I can do in return is to offer you something to show my appriciation of being allowed to call your most honoured wife my friend, before our paths lead us in different directions in the near-future."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:59 am 

Bellena smiled and spoke up, “You don’t need to provide a gift to reward my friendship. Your support, guidance, and pleasant company have been more than necessary to repay any small benefice from me. A friend that demands much of their friends unfairly isn’t worthy of good friends like yourself.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:16 am 

"Ah, that much is true," Utsusemi nodded with a smile. "Then please allow me to share with you the work that inspiration has helped me create - inspiration that I could not have found were it not for the two of you. After all, art is meant to be shared - so that it in turn can inspire and stir emotions in others."

"My work with the temple gave me the purpose to create, but it is the friends I have made and the people I have met who have given me the inspiration to temper my purpose. If it would please you both," one more bow as she offered it a final time.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:23 am 

Bellena looked to Saionji and the couple nodded together. Saionji then spoke, "It would be a shame to let that purpose go unfulfilled. I'm sure our guests would love the performance as well. We humbly accept your gift."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:42 am 

With the permission of the married couple, the Dragon matron bowed deeply once more to them before rising, and turning back to the people gathered to celebrate the wedding and the first service done in the temple to Sadahako. A silent prayer to the newly-minted Fortune bestowed her with the courage needed to perform her art in this way.

Dressed in her traditional extravagant attire of fine make, the lady Agasha looked every bit like a refined woman of the Emerald Empire as depicted in paintings, poems, and plays. The two fine hair ornaments seemed to glitter like stars themselves in the lights of the lanterns and setting sun, as their lights reflected off the delicate glass and metal.

A bittersweet thought passed through her, thinking she wished Ryuden had been here for this moment. It would just not be the same to show him the poem when she returned to home. Though she suspected that her words would not interest him that much... they rarely seemed to, to her.

Her voice raised, louder than she was used to speaking. "Your highness, Imperial Explorers, residents of Kameyama Jima, my lords, ladies, and my friends," she bowed deeply, each movement graceful as if it was in her very nature. "This one is honoured to stand here, to extend the warmest well-wishes to the newly-weds. It is... a special feeling, to see a dear friend married to such a noble soul, in a temple this one helped to raise, but I humbly ask that we show our appriciation for those who worked hard to build this temple to Sadahako-no-kami - when it was known that a wedding would be the first service to be performed, I know many of us worked extra hard to make sure that it would be ready for this special day." Utsusemi would go on to mention each and everyone who participated in the project, from the Lady Someisa Ran to the other samurai like her brother-in-law, Bellena, Kenzo, as well as all the priests, monks, even the labourers.

"Having met members of the Tortoise who knew Sadahako-no-kami in life, and listened to the stories they shared of not only her talent, but of her kindness, generosity, compassion, and love, it has guided me to compose for the legacy she has left behind - and how it inspires more than just artistic creations. It inspires hope as we look to the future, uncertain as it is, but one we all must face, hopefully guided by those who can steer us through the coming storm." She did not expect Saionji to remember those particular words from their first conversation, but for her, those words and Saionji's noble spirit had been her inspiration for this work.

"Please listen to the humble words of a poet, inspired by the spirit of Sadahako-no-kami and those she inspired in life." She bowed once more, before composing herself. Utsusemi imagined what it must have been for other artisans when they performed in this manner for the first time, but now... she felt like she had finally understood how she too could project her soul into her art like she never had before.

"You are the ocean that sways, weaving a dream,
Like thoughts become a river's stream
Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time
To the path, yours to find

Thou seek the light with an outstretched hand
For the incorruptible sacred blade before you,
So command the slumbering hopes
To restore the world, cut ‘way the seams

Join in our prayer, in our song of birthrights and love
The sun arises, to vanquish the night
Pray that we may quell the dark - Light bring us home
As we are swayed to the ocean's waves

You are an ocean of waves, swaying those who dream,
As our souls join together in your stream
Ever changing are the tides, flowing beyond time
To the path, yours to climb

Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade
Now a fate unknown to you beckons
So obtain the fate you sow
On this path, be wary, friend and foe

Join in the tale, in the blight, of conquest and lies
Come the sun, burn brightly in the sky
Vow that we shall win the day – Bright shines the throne
To banish all dark thoughts

May thy chosen path lead way and grace you with virtue
But surely a balance awaits, so be it bliss or pain you gain
Beyond the route-way’s end, you’ll gain resilience and weakness
The trials, the thorn in your side, becomes the greatest strength in you

Descend into the abyss thou see
Where the hearts of many wander
Quietly, they wish and weave
Placing hope inside their one, pure dream

After the storm stills its wake, may all be blessed
So the fate and fallen can find rest
Your will, the water reflects, so all will know
Your hands brought the morrow

You are an ocean of waves, keeping our dreams,
Carrying the hopes that glimmer and gleam
Yet still the tides may change, carrying you forth
To the path, yours to claim

Your ocean carries our destinies..."

Her soul, wounded as it was, was carried by the beautiful timbre of her voice as she spoke aloud her poem. It was not a traditional short piece, but something new - something that could inspire others too to adapt it to music, so it could continue to live on with the natural evolution of art.

Each word, each syllable, brought forth an immense feeling of hope against adversity. Of the possibilities of overcoming weakness, sorrow, fear, or pain.

It was, in short, an uplifting masterpiece. The finest she had ever composed.

----

Poem with 8 raises
TN 32 Etiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower if you wish to resist the intense feelings of hope

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:25 pm 

[As a conclusion to the Temple of Sadahako plot, for their contribution to the erection of the temple Utsusemi and Ran receive 25 VIP each; in addition, Utsusemi has the justification to purchase Sadahako's Blessing.]

[As a resolution of another subplot, for her outstanding contributions to the honouring of the Imperial Year of Arts, Utsusemi receives 25 VIP more.]

[As a resolution of her Kharsis subplot, Bellena receives the Higher Purpose advantage toward the commitment she has made in her heart; that precludes acquiring Sadahako's Blessing as divine mother-in-law does not approve.]

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3