Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Nuptials in the Time of Blood and Iron [LA13]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:14 am 

Though it would all mean nothing without the most important man here, who, while keeping his poise, could not help his eyes from flickering with excitement seeing the woman who had chosen him as much as he had chosen her. Their future was about to be rather turbulent, and immediately so, but he was glad they would be facing it together, for reasons that had little to nothing to do with politics.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:27 am 

Chisagawa initiated the ceremonial chant and the monks of the temple joined it.

"Are we ready proceed?" Yajinden inquired quietly in his gentle voice, looking mostly at the newlyweds and Jama.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:07 am 

Bellena looked to Saionji once and then back to Yajinden with a polite nod.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:37 am 

Saionji was about to nod and look to Jama when suddenly Doji Haruka stepped out, looking at Bellena condescendingly.

"If I may, Asahina-sama. The Emerald Office has been made aware that the bride in this ceremony has in the past involved herself in individual blasphemy of partaking in foreign religious practices on this island of the kind not unlike those prosecuted during the reign of Hantei Yugozohime-heika in relation to the gaijin intruders. While individual blasphemy lies not in the purview of the Office, organised one does, under Section 5 of the Emerald Charter concerning the jurisdiction of the Emerald Magistrates. This gathering is numerous and is about to enjoy an Imperial sanction as per the proper customs and laws regarding marriage. As it constitutes an organised gathering it meets the precondition of admissibility of my jurisdiction. It is my solemn duty as the Saibankan to ensure that no crime of organised blasphemy is occurring here, particularly in the august presence of Hantei-denka. My current understanding of the situation is that the bride's presence in this ceremony, at the cusp of her new life after abandonment of the old one, may indicate her solemn act of disassociation from past heathen practices incommensurate with Imperial Shinseism and the Faith of the Kami. Before the proceedings continue I would request a testimony from the bride whether it is indeed the case and no Imperial crime is being committed."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:45 am 

Saionji could not hide his anger and was about to address the intervention...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:46 am 

...but Jama gave his sign to proceed with the legal inquiry.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:49 am 

And so, Yajinden, with no joy in his eyes as he had a soft spot for harmonious weddings, gestured for Muhaki Berena to address the issue at hand.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:17 am 

Bellena lifted up her hand gently to Saionji to hold back his response. She breathed slowly and with purpose. A deep sorrow welled up within her as the question had been asked. Her lips tightened slightly for a moment as she turned to the magistrate. Each millisecond of time seemed to expand beyond human reckoning. Her mind thought back on the hours spent in the Church School in La Cuenca. The hours she had spent reading her father's version of the scriptures she had been given. So much of her life had been devoted both internally and externally to the Grace of Kharsis.

...you will deny me three times... The sorrowful words she had heard in her mind returned to her. She had been unable to discern fully if it was her own mind or that of another... She chose to believe it was one not her own. An image of Padre Alvaro weeping as he recounted his tale of the death of the followers of Kharsis in Rokugan. Her heart pressed against her chest for a moment as it fought to defy what was being asked of her. She must testify of Kharsis' Mercy and Grace! There would be no better chance to expound on the goodness of her faith and its applicability to Rokugani law than in the front of these noble guests...

It's only words... my faith isn't in words...

Bellena put aside her own pride. Her own desire to be heard and relented meekly to the demands made of her, "It is my intent hereby to live in concordance to all the laws of the Empire; to honor the Fortunes and Kami, as well as the ancestors of our young clan and provide the proper example for all generations who will follow. I express my commitment to sever any organizational ties with practices that are not in conjunction with Imperial law; an action which I symbolically take upon myself by participating in the marriage rituals administered by the priests of Imperial Shinseism and the Faith of the Kami officiating here today."

Her words as she spoke them seemed to be echoed in her mind by the sound of a hammer pounding nails into her heart. Her soul wept with pain, but her face showed no sign of it beside a tightening of her lips.

She then bowed to Haruka, "I hope this testimony, which would have been gratefully given prior to the wedding if requested, is sufficient to allow this ceremony to proceed."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:42 am 

"This is sufficient." Haruka stepped back, and Yajinden made the gesture to begin.

The temple bell chimed.

Jama's words, Saionji's pledge, it reached her as if through the glass. Before her, on the plinth of the unfinished statue of Sadahako another woman appeared to her eyes.

It's alright, Rosa. Even as you have disowned me, I love you.

I know that you suffer. Now that you're lost, I will go out looking for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:59 am 

Bellena's eyes welled with tears as her loving Goddess appeared to her in her moment of suffering. She closed them and lowered her head.

I am so sorry. I love you my Goddess... what you have done for me... what you have done for all of us.

I never thought I would experience even a portion of the pain you bore... It hurts to give so much of myself. You hurt to save us... And I will do my best to hurt to help save others. The sheep that are lost to you now... I will try to care for them; shelter them if I can. And in the day that you find me... I hope I have others waiting for your embrace.

My faith is not in things, nor is it in words... it is in your love... and it is in the people you love.

I hope my meager sacrifice is sufficient... I will love those entrusted to me as you would... No matter the cost.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 am 

Watching the proceedings, this time Kenzo did employ his fan, the better to hide his expression. The questions from the magistrate seemed timed, as Berena hinted, to cause maximum personal discomfort. Behind the fan, his lips thinned.

Still... it seemed his friend would be happy. He let his eyes drift to the back of the fan. After a few moments, he lowered it with a sigh, his expression serene once more.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:37 am 

Ringo watches the ceremony and offers his congratulations to the new couple.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:47 pm 

Anzai had been quietly, respectfully observing. His eyes narrowed behind his new mask as he watched the proceedings occur, and Haruka bring forth the demand of testimony. His fan flicked to cover his lower face, he hid his disdain for what just occured.

No one interrupts a wedding in Scorpion lands. And to stain the memory of Berena's day seemed to put an issue in his mind. Yet it did not show on his features that were visible or his posture.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 am 

Utsusemi found the line of questioning completely improper to be done at this point in time.

Not to mention that she was what some would call a Kharsis-sympathizer... she wasn't as believer of their faith, but she had grown to respect it and understand it a little more thanks to Bellena, and she saw nothing wrong with a philosophy that was centered on kindness and compassion.

She gave Bellena and encouraging smile as the matter was settled, staying nearby to assist her friend.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:03 pm 

My love is difficult, Rosa...

Tears rolled from the cheeks of the statuesque woman only Bella could see.

It suffers long in its kindness, it envies not, nor it vaunts or seeks vanity.
It is pure and selfless, it cannot be subverted, nor it justifies any malevolence.
It lowers itself before pain an quietly rejoices at the touch of divine mercy.
It bears all, believes all, hopes all, endures all.
It never fails. If it failed, there would be Nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:07 pm 

While Bellena stood silent, Saionji spoke the words with emphasis and clarity he wanted to overshadow Haruka's intrusion with.

“I will be your husband. I will provide for you and our family. I will honor you and accept you into my home.”

Then he took sips from three cups of purified sake, glancing at his crying bride with concern.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:39 pm 

The wells of Bellena’s eye sockets began to drain from within causing the tears in her eyes to recede. A silent acknowledgement to her goddess was sent from her heart.

I will do my best. I will run my race... and I will await the day when I can see your face again.

She turned to look at her concerned finance who had just devoted himself to her. She offered him a gentle smile which emanated from deep within. There was a brightness in her eyes that exceeded anything that had been before. Her eyes were clear as the sky after a squall had passed. She seemed ready.... happy... and filled with love.

And I will be your wife. I will be your counsel, navigator in life, and support. Together we will bear all hardship, believe in each other, maintain hope for our future, and endure all manner of trials. I vow that no matter what lies ahead, my devotion will never fail.

She took the cup in her hands and performed the ritual drinking before looking up tenderly to see her husband...

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:01 pm 

Saionji's concerns evaporated when he faced her and heard her pledge. He tried to keep his composure but a smile of a truly happy man escaped the cage of on anyway as Yajinden was placing the burn branch between them.

Then, they re-joined their families and friends; someone close needed to help Bellena in tearing down the white.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:06 pm 

It was for such reason Utsusemi was close by, being one who knew these customs and traditions well.

She whispered a brief congratulation as she helped the bride with her outfit, slowly and reverently removing the white layer of death, as Bellena was reborn in brilliant red.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:26 pm 

Bellena bowed gratefully to her friend as Utsusemi helped peel off the white robes and expose her brilliant red robes underneath. She subtly turned to look at the cropping where Kharsis had stood one last time...

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next