Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: So, you're my husband....(D1 EN)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 am 

Suihime held his gaze as well as her smile as she accepted the drink, holding it in both hands. Resisting the urge to study the cup until he turned away to motion to the coral art on the walls. She had a quick moment to study the cup, then a longer moment to study the walls.

"That is a very beautiful work of art, and so unique. I don't think I've seen anything like that before. Coral carving...I have much to learn" she chuckled, smiling more. All these new things to learn appealed to her strongly. It was like a whole new world to study and learn.

"So, a toast?" She asked, holding the goblet up and looking back at her husband-to-be. "To the future?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 am 

The cup was like the one he used at the garden party.

"No, Suihime-san. My first toast with you has to be explicitly to you, my resplendent fiancee."

He raised the cup looking straight at her with his naturally-harsh-now-mellowed gaze.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am 

"I can accept being a toast" Suihime said, her eyes catching his as she looks at her "to me then? And my future with my charming fiancé."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:33 pm 

"Kampai."

He nodded and drained basi when looking at her with a glitter in his eye that matched the sheen of the gold disc.

"Tell me more about your expectations. What do you aspire to do and accomplish as my wife?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:40 pm 

Suihime was more reserved with her drink, having not experienced it before. She took a large mouthful, but didn't finish the cup. However, it was rather nice, so she was quick to take another sip before answering the question.

"My expectations? Well, I would expect a large amount of time at sea" there was a chuckle at that "and with our union, we are continuing this friendship between the Imperial Families and the Mantis. I am trained as a herald and courtier, and I'm sure my skills can be of use to the clan."

She paused, before adding "and of course...being a dutiful wife that my husband can be proud of."

It was the careful reply. She could hardly say 'i want to tour the world' after all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 pm 

"Do you think you are capable of establishing a foothold for the Mantis further east, somewhere our crews could learn to sail to and fro?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm 

Her eyes focused on that; he had her attention. "Beyond any doubt. I have studied Mekhem on behalf of Hantei-denka for a long time, I understand the cultures and the language perfectly. I've already been looking into this in fact, updating my personal maps as I learn, but I haven't sailed east before now and seen what we have to experience there. I trust in my skills though and my education into gaijin cultures. The Tortoise have a strong hold on the trade both north and east, but those holds can be broken easily enough."

A pause.

"I will admit that my training in commerce however is...lacking."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:01 pm 

He contemplated something, then approached the desk and pulled out a heavy iron box from under it, then patted the lid.

"This will give you the incentive to learn fast and well. I've been told most gaijin use silver rather than gold. So there is five hundred bu in this box. Take it with you. This is not a gift, but an investment. I will see your worth in how much more you can bring back from there in whatever that has worth here, coin, deeds, gems, cargo, specie or artifacts. You know things I don't know, and I want to trust my wife to be an added value to what I myself already ensure for the Mantis."

[This equals Debt Disadvantage (25)]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:58 pm 

Suihime looked surprised as the man just took out a chest of 500 Bu as if it was a calligraphy set.

By the Kami, who just keeps that much money sitting around?

"That's...quite a test" she commented after a few moments to recover her On "and I am not your wife yet remember, I still have my duties to the Imperial Families and Imperial Explorers to consider. However..."

She paused, thinking. Could she do this?

Of course I can.

"Any preferençe on trade targets? There is an increased interest in gaijin artifacts for example, but I don't see that being a worthwhile trading target. I may be wrong though, and I would not wish to use your money to bring in trade that would not be useful to the Mantis."

I had better take some time to study commerce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am 

"I trust your judgement and your dedication to me. If you prove me wrong, then you prove me wrong and I will reassess. I can afford this error of judgement if this is one. But I don't think it is." He patted the box once more. "I tend to keep my captains on a tug rope but you I won't. You will bring up my children one day and if they see confinement when they can see opportunity then we'll both have failed. Imperial upbringing has taught you strictures you're already transcending. I have not insisted on marrying you on whim even though you rouse the Blood of Osano-Wo in me." He smiled faintly, though his eye went over her form. "It is because you bear the best combination of birth, legitimate pride, competence and daring I have seen in my life. I would not consider myself a man I aspire to be if I hadn't made you mine."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:17 pm 

Suihime managed to keep from blushing at his wandering eye, instead focusing on his words. "Then I shall rise to the challenge and ensure that you are not disappointed at all. I will also keep an eye on Gusai Susumu-san and Gusai Wataru-san in your stead, to make sure they are aware that they represent your clan...our clan" she eyed up the heavy chest of money for a few moments before saying "it will be tough, but I never let something difficult prevent me in the past and I won't now. As a captain, as I'm certain I will be, I'll have a large ship to bring back any trade after all. As long as it doesn't interfere with my duties as an Imperial Explorer of course."

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2