Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Sunset [E-1, Beach]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 am 

Tori looks out over the water for a time, then points out to sea. "This wasn't always the best place to watch the sunset. There used to be a sand bar right there, with a shallows leading to it. A storm washed it away a few months ago. It was my favorite." Perhaps because I never went there alone.

"We have a lot of people right now who seek to master this world, but don't remember how to love it."

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 am 

"That sounds lovely," she responded earnestly. She let out a soft chuckle. "I had the opportunity of coming to the shoreline sooner. I simply never thought to come until today." The Yogo smiled for a brief moment and then returned back to her cold, prickly demeanor. "I had other matters to attend to."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:18 am 

"Busy, busy, always busy," the little bird chirps in a drifting sing-song, her eyelids growing heavy on the peaceful rock. "I know that feeling a little more every day."

She permits her mind to wander, as she studies her companion and daydreams. Scorpions and their masks. So brooding and mysterious, but she can't help but always wonder what lies underneath. To try and fill in the blanks in her mind's eye. And a trained eye it is; very vivid, very detailed. A precision that she's honed in her arts and her studies.

"May I ask what your mask means to you, if that's not too personal?" Some Scorpion keep that very close to their chest, but others love telling tales of their closest piece of art.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 pm 

The Yogo gave a small smirk to the remark and gave no response. She looked back up to the sky, in search for answers. There was doom in the air, for the coming voyage, in her own personal life.

"My mask?" she repeated when prompted. She brought herself back to the conversation and turned to address the Crane. "I am sure you have heard of how we began to wear masks." She gave a soft shrug. "Instead of covering my mouth, I have decided to shield my eyes from observation." The woman let out a soft chuckle. "A poor attempt at humor, perhaps."

Her hand went up to the two horns jutting out of the top of her mask. "The horns here represent the ill omen I am said to bring. I comb my hair through it as to make it appear part of my actual head. I doubt anyone has fell for that ruse, however."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 am 

Have the Yogo ever come across an omen that wasn't ill? But she doesn't give the joke voice. That would be rude. Instead, she listens intently, genuinely interested on the question's own merits, as well the insight the subject yields into the woman behind it.

"It is a clever design," Tori remarks. "To get that particular appearance without restricting your field of view. I've always admired the details and the artistry that go into Scorpion masks." There is a common distaste among Crane for them, for their inherent Scorpion-ness, but an honest observer cannot deny a true artist's skill.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 am 

"It is said that a Scorpion's mask is their most prized possession." She shot the Crane a smirk. "What about the Crane? Is it the white hair? That cannot be the case, as I have seen many who do not possess the color."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm 

"For us, it is a more personal question. A Kakita will, of course, probably say their sword. But for me?"

Tori produces a small mirror. It's cloudy. Scorched. Any design it might have had at one point is beyond recognition, despite clear efforts at restoration.

"This was my sister's, may she rest in peace. I tried to keep it safe in her memory, but... fire can be such a cruel thing."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 pm 

"Fire is also the element of creation," Akarei replied with a calm tone. She leaned in to inspect the mirror more closely and then looked to the Crane. "When convinced to, flames can do wonders for even restoration." She gave a small, warm smile. "Even destruction, in itself, is simply change, even if it often unwelcome."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 pm 

Tori goes silent for a while, holding the mirror close, not even sure if that's something she wants.

"I've... heard of that possibility," she admits. "Though my cousins are seldom on such kind terms with fire. Too concerned with the other half of its nature, I suppose."

She gives the Yogo an odd look, both to her and through her, considering the possibilities, clearly wanting... perhaps something Akarei could never give, but Scorpion insight speaks clear. If the Yogo offered in earnest, it wouldn't be turned down, and it would be a dear debt.

((I'm sorry; I realize I spoke with Kannon about the network outage on the boat, but not with you. It shouldn't happen for more than a day again.))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 pm 

The Yogo smirked at the mention of the Asahina. She found them to be foolish pacifists who were too scared to fully complete their duties. But she kept her mouth shut for once.

She patted her scroll satchel and admitted, "I only know of such techniques. However, entreating the kami on a particular matter is within the realm of possibility.

---

OOC: No worries! I figured as much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 am 

Tori nods, then makes up her mind. "I know this is a selfish request, especially to one I just met, but... if you could, I would be most grateful."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 am 

"I will see what I can do." She gave an awkward smile. "Enticing the kami into imbuing material objects has never been my forte."

Her heartbeat began to pump faster inside. The woman looked away and then swallowed. "It is quite late."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am 

As Akarei looks away, Tori takes the opportunity to appreciate the lines of her neck, burn them to memory. A trick she's gotten very good at.

Then, she looks out to the horizon, and her mood takes a turn for the impish. "I don't mind," she prods. "Being alone at this hour always struck me as kind of sad."

She turns to a fresh page in her pad, and begins to sketch. Initially, some of the scenery. The sky, the cloud, the rocks. But then, in the center of it all, she begins drawing a figure. Her companion.

Would it be rude to draw her with her mask off? she muses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:17 pm 

The priestess remained silent for a few moments. "I suppose there is a certain sadness to it." She looked up to the sky and then to the ocean. "But then again, my studies lead me to find companionship with the stars and the kami." She wasn't sure who she was trying to convince.

"On the lateness though. I wanted to see the marines in the morning. The selection process will be most interesting."

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2