Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Fun and Games (Day -2, Beach Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 am 

"The bow." He offered simply as he took another shot. "We strive to master it, or at least get as close to mastery as is possible." It was one of the reason he was interested in the gaijin, and their technology. Yasuhiro was looking for ways to preserve the way of the bow.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 am 

"Then what is your opinion on the firearms? Rifles, pistols, and such?" The Yogo made a mock 'explosion' with her hand. "Perhaps we are simply aging artifacts of a forgotten time."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 am 

"They are best put in the arms of the untrained." The lion offered after a moment. "A skilled samurai would be much better served with a bow, at least for the moment. Firearms are much more deadly in the arms of a Ashigaru though."

"Who knows how long that might last though."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 am 

"A well-constructed answer," she stated. Her voice lacked enthusiasm though she was not actively mocking him that time.

The woman looked up to the sky. "Gaijin pepper is a way to spread fire for those who cannot hear the kami. I suppose it is much the same way."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 am 

"In a way at least." He agreed with a small nod. "Though I don't think gaijin pepper is all that useful outside of it's destructive capabilities."

"It's a bit barbaric if you ask me."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 pm 

"That is true. There are many possibilities that the fire kami may bless us with, not all involving pure destruction."

The woman let out a small chuckle. "I concur."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:33 am 

He smirked as she laughed, at least they seemed to agree on some things. "I think it's the smell that bothers me most about it... Perhaps I should invest in some incense or cologne for the coming journey."

"The interior of a ship isn't exactly open to the air."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 pm 

The woman grinned. "I would imagine that your family would have provided that for your journey, Matsu-san."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm 

He paused a moment to take a slow breath through his nose. "To no greater degree then your own family provided for you in that way Yogo-sama." Yasuhiro offered easily.

"You're probably underestimating the stink of gaijin pepper though, have you ever spent an entire afternoon with someone that uses it?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 pm 

Akarei allowed the point to continue forward. She had no intention of antagonizing him further. "I cannot say that I have," she admitted, "We had spoken about how such a thing was barbaric. I prefer the company of those more civilized." She gave a firm smirk, amused by the implication.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 pm 

Yasuhiro wasn't sure she did, as barbaric as she had been already. He let the feelings pass though, sinking another arrow into one of his targets. "Well lucky for you, I'm sure you'll find plenty of civilized individuals on whatever ship you happen to be on."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 am 

"I would imagine so." She paused, and thought of her superior. "I am unsure if I will serve on the same ship as my magistrate. I do not believe one of the Seppun would be relegated to an unsavory ship."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 am 

"Would you call any of the ships unsavory?" Aside from the one captained my the mantis. "Though you are quite right, it's very possible you will find yourself on another ship. It's still largely undecided where each member will be after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 am 

"It would not surprise me if one of the ships was unsavory, Matsu-san," she stated with a smirk. She then looked back up to the sky. "I doubt the stars will tell me something so specific."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 am 

"Likely not, but then I'm no expert on that sort of thing." Yasuhiro mused, as he started to walk across the sands towards the various targets, likely to claim his arrows. "From what I know though portents and the like are generally vague. You might be able to determine your chances of being on a unsavory ship though?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:47 am 

"Portents do not reveal every detail but they do show the color of the future. It would not be practiced otherwise." She stared up at the sky for a few silent moments longer and then paused. A sigh escaped from her lips, one of resignation. "I am not surprised by this outcome. Matsu-san, our future will be filled with turmoil."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 am 

"I figured as much." The Matsu grunted as he retrieved the last of his arrows. "You might have a hard time convincing some of the others the same though. Quite a few seem to be thinking of this as something akin to a picnic I believe."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:15 am 

"You are a true warrior, Matsu-san. You understand that violence is often the only option when gaijin are involved." She let out a sigh. "Still, if the Fortunes and ancestors saw it fit to warn me of these trials, then we must be particularly prudent."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:29 am 

He shrugged. "I just don't see gaijin as our allies Yogo-san. That doesn't necessarily make them our enemies, though I do think it's wise to be cautious."

"You're right though, we should be especially prudent."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

"Those who are not among allies in my Clan," the Yogo began, though she trailed off and left it at that. She chuckled at her own attempt at 'villainy' and then let out a wistful sigh. "I am glad to have convinced at least one person as to the dangers of the coming days."

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next