Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Fun and Games (Day -2, Beach Evening)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm 

"You need moving targets if you want to improve, Boy." The disembodied voice was one only Yasuhiro could hear, and he had long ago learned not to react to it, not obviously at least. Still the Lion couldn't help but offer a quite answer. "Yes Grandmother, I know."

Still he continued with what he was doing, placing various targets along the beach of different sizes, and in different heights. "I don't need anymore birds though." Which was true enough, anymore feathers and he'd be half drowning in them. He received no response though and after resisting the urge to sigh he added on one more thing. "I'll find some moving targets in the morning."

"Hmph." Came the quite reply, though Yasuhiro could tell from the tone that his grandmother was happy he agreed. His grandmother for the moment appeased, he got back to what he planning, more archery practice. Hopefully the dimming light of the evening would make things more interesting.

Pregame event Roll 2 Day -2 Kyujutsu + Rnk 2 + Void + Glory Calling 4 raises 3 for poitns 1 for same skill. tn 40: 10d10ro1o10k5+2 50

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Fun and Games (Day -2, Beach Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:50 am 

When the sun was a dimmer memory, the red priestess arrived at the shoreline. She seemed distant from the world, her head turned upwards towards the constellations above. The woman then removed her mask and nearly dropped it down into the sand as she stared above. What is the future of our journey? Inform me as you have before.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 am 

The Scorpion's quiet night was soon to be interrupted by the solid thunk of a arrow hitting it's target, the sound echoing through the twilight. It's source, if she bothered to look, was a archer not too far from her. The young man hadn't seemed to notice her yet and was silently nocking another arrows ready to fire at another target.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 pm 

The Yogo's hand instinctively went to her blade's hilt. However, she paused, and relaxed her stance. If I was under attack, I would have been dead by now. She looked back up to the sky, now with her arms folded, the mask close to her chin so that she could raise it if necessary.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 pm 

"Could I help you find something Scorpion-sama?" Came the quiet voice for the archer, as he let his next arrow fly. He hadn't seemed to have turned her way yet, but as his arrows found it's target he nodded in satisfaction and turned her way, offering a polite bow in greeting.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 pm 

The woman did not turn to face him either. "Your arrows fly true, even without the sun. Truly you are blessed," she stated plainly. She gave a wry grin, though still she did not turn to address him. "Are you trained in analyzing the stars above?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 am 

"No, well I know enough about them to navigate by them. That's about all though." He glanced towards the sky. "I've never tried to analyze them or anything like that. So I wouldn't know here to start."

"Is that what you are doing then? Analyzing the stars?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:30 am 

"Astrology," the woman stated plainly,"Divination." She did not have the patience to elaborate further unless pressed on the matter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 am 

"Is that part of your duty then Scorpion-san? Astrology and divination?" He had little idea what duty would call on such a thing, but there might be one. Even so since she didn't seem to interested in conversation, or introductions he returned to his practice.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 pm 

"I am a priestess. Such practices are connected to my duties to my Clan and Family.," She let out a soft sigh. "They are skills of a bygone era. That is what I have been told."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:31 pm 

"Yet you practice them still." The Lion mused, taking a moment to concentrate before releasing his next shot. "Are you looking to return to the past perhaps Scorpion-sama?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:31 pm 

"What does it mean to return to the past?" The woman let out a small chuckle and shook her head. "The only way is forward. I do not need the new breed of intellectuals to inform me of that."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 am 

"I'd think it means different things to different people." Yasuhiro replied, firing another arrow into the fading light of the day. "Though you have me curious about what you mean by forward."

"The interactions with the gaijin perhaps?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 am 

"That is included, but not necessarily what I meant." She shook her head. "Gaijin have their uses, even if I find it distasteful to lower myself to dealing with them."

The Scorpion ran a hand through her hair. "The way forward does not have to fit the mold of the progressive today. We samurai have been on a journey before such revelations. We take hardship and brush it aside because it is not our way to be limited. It is our birthright and duty to strive forward.

"We fly forward like the arrow. Straight and true."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 am 

Like a arrow, right over Yasuhiro's head. There had probably been a answer to his question in her words somewhere, but whatever it might be it eluded him at least for the moment.

"Do you plan to deal with the Gaijin in the near future then?" It at least sounded like she planned as much.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:06 am 

"The Gaijin may possess knowledge that is useful to me. It is best to not leave any stone unturned when one has such an important duty at hand." The woman let out a small chuckle. "A Scorpion, among any, should know that people possess more to them than their appearance may suggest."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Your duty as a priestess? Or are you speaking of something else Scorpion-sama?" The Lion asked pausing a few moments to look over his targets. "That is if I'm not prying too much." He finished glancing towards the scorpion for a moment.

Not marriage material. His grandmother huffed after a moment. Apparently there was something about the scorpion she didn't like.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 am 

The masked one shook her head. "My name is Yogo Akarei." She left the matter at that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:47 am 

The answer meant little to the Lion, he knew a bit of the family of course, but not a lot. Still it was apparently supposed to mean something to him, so he responded with a rather vague, "I see."

"I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome." He continued, it was polite at least to introduce himself.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 am 

"Another vassal then." She smirked. "Yogo Akarei no Tansaku, if you wish to know my full name." The priestess let out a soft sigh. "The Tansaku are particularly focused on uplifting this curse of ours. What about the Koritome?"

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next