Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Moonlit Doodles (D -2, N - open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 am 

Suihime had guessed as much. She smiled at Ran for her comments. "I remember that feeling of the ocean. It tempts you in. My first training out at sea, I was equal parts excited and nervous. Quite a bit to do to control a vessel, even a smaller one. But when you are out there" she turned to the ocean again "so far from land that you can barely see it. The ship being rocked by the waves, sometimes gently and other times hard enough to knock you from your feet. Nothing around you but the ocean, and the Heavens watching down on you."

She sighed, closing her eyes for a few moments before speaking again.

"...Ah, forgive me" she chuckled, turning back to the girls and opening her eyes "you will both enjoy and fear the voyage in equal parts I'm sure. No amount of studying prepares you for how much you are at the mercy of the vast waters, and no painting will prepare you for the first time you see Lady Sun rise on the horizon at sea."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:55 pm 

"The only thing I fear is seasickness," she said with a laugh, "I haven't encountered it on my short trips, but I hear it can be quite unpleasant for those that suffer from it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:31 pm 

"Chew ginger," Ran said softly to the Seppun, and offered a friendly smile.

Then to the Miya, a nod, "Your wisdom and words of kindness are most welcome, Miya-sama. I hope one day to be as knowledgeable."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm 

"Ran-san here has it right" Suihime nodded at the 'chew ginger' comment "although if it turns out the sea causes sickness, you may have a long voyage ahead of you. I would suggest speaking with someone who can arrange for you to join a small training voyage if you are concerned."

She turned to look at the Ronin, a smile.

"Thank you. However, I'm certain in no time you will all have plenty of knowledge on the ocean. After all, you'll be sailing soon enough. Have you both prepared what you will be bringing? I'm unsure how many will be coming on the voyage, but I would be certain there won't be the luxury of unlimited space."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm 

She laughed again. "Oh, I'm sure it won't be a problem. It only affects some people after all."

All the concern shown was quite amusing to Hikari, who seemed to assume everything would just sort itself out. It usually did.

"Most everything. I would expect some of us are afforded a bit of leeway in the amount of space available, or I can think of one or two people who might have difficulty leaving behind some of their belongings."

Specifically, she was thinking of her sister's no doubt sizeable wardrobe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:01 pm 

She nodded appreciatively to the Miya, "I have been traveling on the road so long, packing light has become an art-form in and of itself."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 pm 

"As a Herald, I'm also quite used to packing light" Suihime nodded to Ran "the differences of course being we don't know where any stops will happen, if any happen at all between here and the destination. I've had to work out and plan what clothes to bring without knowledge of the environment we travel to, which is quite difficult but I'm happy enough with what I'll be bringing. We need space for the essentials such as food after all."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm 

"Hmm, indeed. Got to have enough food. Water too, neh? Can't drink the ocean kind."

Hikari wisely neglected to mention the sizeable snack reserves she'd already secured.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm 

The corners of her eyes creased into a smile.

"Food and drinkable water are both useful things to bring on a voyage, hai. There will be work to do onboard the vessels, I'm sure, and space at a premium. However, I'm sure there will be time to engage in interests as well?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 am 

There was a curious look at the Ronin. "The ship won't really be still, even when not moving the ocean rocks the vessel. We will be surrounded by water at all times. It depends what interests you have, Ran-san."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm 

"One hears stories of sailors and their... less savory pursuits," Hikari said, mischief in her eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm 

The ronin quirked her head slightly, pursing her lips.

"I don't have time for less savoury pursuits. I wish to learn as much as possible, and being on this voyage- I hope- will expose me to many different ways I have not known before."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm 

"Ah, well... should we find ourselves on the same ship, I might lend you a book or two. I'm not bringing too many, but perhaps there'd be something of interest to you."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 pm 

"I'll also have numerous books on gaijin cultures, should either of you find yourselves aboard the same ship as myself and I'm not reading them" Suihime offered

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm 

Ran brightened. "That would make me most happy, I thank you both for willing to be so charitable to this one."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:17 pm 

"We are on the voyage together Ran-san; as long as everyone remembers that, it will be fine" Suihime nodded with a smile

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2