Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Summertime (Day -3 Afternoon, Seaside Tea Shop)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am 

"Have you mastered any of those languages then?" He asked somewhat curious, though he didn't comment on the part about the legions having access to the Asako's stores of knowledge. Something about the way he said it didn't sit well with Yasuhiro for some reason.

'I believe you must of if you have been invited here, but I'm curious as to which ones."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:43 am 

"Merenaese and Thranish."

Another sip of tea, and that smile retreated behind the cup to be replaced by something more pleasant.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 pm 

Yasuhiro nodded. "More then one it seems, you must have spent quite a bit of time studying."

He took a sip of tea, placing the cup on the table and Refilling it, offering to do he same for the Kitsu. "Are you looking forward to the coming journey then? Leaving the empire and finally putting your skill in languages to use?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 pm 

Yuki pushed his cup towards the Matsu with a single graceful motion.

"Have you visited the Kitsu Tombs, Matsu-san? Before or after the attack? Although I studied the languages willingly, I am not one for endless study and dusty libraries. Why not find out what is out there?"

Long sleeves exaggerated a slow sweeping gesture towards the sea.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 am 

Yasuhiro carefully refilled the cup, not wishing to spill any.

"I can't say that I have, but from what you tell me they are rather dull. So I suppose I can understand where you are coming from, at least to a degree. I am a bit more apprehensive myself though, as you can likely tell."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm 

"I feel emboldened that we will have honourable bushi of the Lion standing beside us when we meet the gaijin on their own lands. Let us hope they recognise our purpose."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm 

"I'm sure some of them will." Yasuhiro offered with a easy smile. The other two-thirds would think of them as a threat or prey, but that's what he was there for.

A few moments later his food arrived and The lion's eyes moved to Yuki. "Do you mind if I eat?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm 

He gestured positively.

"Go ahead Matsu-san. I would not get between a bushi and his sustenance."

Instead he picked up his tea cup again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm 

With a nod of thanks Yasuhiro began to dig in, being sure to check the level of Yuki's cup to make sure it didn't need a refill. After a few bites he paused to take a sip of tea himself. "Are you interested in any other fields of study beside Languages Kitsu-sama?"

"If you don't mind me asking of course."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm 

"I was trained for the Courts, so I make a habit of maintaining my interest in all aspects of that, but I have also spent some time seeing how the gaijin think and operate. Their sense of honour . . . or lack of it."

Another sip of tea, but he was taking it slowly, savouring the scent and flavour.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am 

"I can't say i know much about either of those." Yasuhiro replied with a dry chuckle. "Though I do find myself curious about a gaijin's sense of honor, or if they even have one."

"Most I have seen seem to be merchants, so I've always assumed it is their greed that drives them above all else."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:23 pm 

Yuki nodded.

"Greed is a major driving factor. Fame and power are two others. There are some that serve their ruler but there are many that actively seek to replace them."

He shook his head.

"They do not think like we do."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:36 pm 

"That's what I've always suspected." Yasuhiro mused, as Yuki confirmed what he had been thinking. "It's likely to make the coming weeks and months challenging."

"Though I suppose that's what makes it an adventure." Which seemed to be what alot of the people here were after.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14 pm 

"In some few small ways they can be admired, but mostly they are reprehensible to our way."

He sipped his tea, finishing the cup.

"Adventure indeed. How many we can sway to our ways?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

"How many we would want to sway to out ways?" Was in Yasuhiro's mind at least a equally important question. "Still you bring up a interesting question." He replied pausing thoughtfully and taking a few bites of his meal.

"Some of them might be of use to the Lion and the Empire after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 pm 

"So much easier to expand our holdings if they follow our ways, Matsu-san. Spreading our reach afar without undue extension of our logistics is preferable."

He smiled and placed his cup back on the table.

"Of course, it will be in the Explorers name for now."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 pm 

"I suppose you make a good point there." Yasuhiro replied thoughtfully. "Adjusting to our way of life might not be easy to some, so finding those that are more excepting would be wise."

"In the name of the Imperial explorer's of course." He agreed, before picking up his cup of tea and taking a sip.
"I suppose finding those sort of accepting people will be keeping you rather busy Kitsu-sama."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:00 am 

"As long as we are speaking then I will be busy. Once the words cease working, then you will be busy."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:17 am 

He sipped his head in acknowledgement of the man's words. "You make a fine point there Kitsu-sama. I suppose we should hope you find yourself far busier then I do then."

Merenaese

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2