Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Summertime (Day -3 Afternoon, Seaside Tea Shop)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 pm 

Summer was fading, but the long days still held it's warmth, which was reason enough for the young lion to make his way to the Seaside Tea shop. Luckily enough it was a bit past the lunch hour by the time he made his way over, so while busy the tea house wasn't as crowded as it could be.

Selecting a seat at a table near the back where most patrons could give him a wide berth he placed and order for a simple green tea, as well as a light meal. Hopefully both would arrive shortly.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Summertime (Day -3 Afternoon, Seaside Tea Shop)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 pm 

He perhaps did not expect a fellow 'Lion' to find him before his food did. A faint swish of silk announced the arrival of the Snow Kitten, fan already deployed and wicker umbrella/parasol closed in his other hand. His low, sultry voice issued above the snowy mountain scene on his fan.

"Matsu-san, delighted to find another of our hue here."

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 pm 

Oh isn't he just delectable. Came the soft purr of Yasu's grandmother in his ear. Still the young lion managed to ignore the words as he offered a polite bow to the Kitsu.

"Our clan is a rare sight here Kitsu-sama." He agreed before gesturing to the seat across from him. "Care to join me?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 pm 

"Of course, Matsu-san."

He slipped in to the seat gracefully, placing the umbrella beside him with his blade, singular.

"No, I don't suppose there are many of our kind here. Not with how things are in the Empire. As I have only recently arrived, perhaps you could recommend something from the menu here."

He smiled pleasantly and finally, slowly closed his fan.

"I am Kitsu Yuki, until very recently of the Kitsu Tombs."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 am 

"I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, of the Imperial marines." He offered in greeting, signaling the waitress to bring another cup for the pot of tea he had ordered.

"Any of the seafood is good, though the dishes here are rather simple. I'm having grilled mackerel myself with rice and a assortment of pickles. Just stay away from anything that might me of Mantis origins, or tortoise for that matter."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 pm 

"Oh, I thought a place like this would be a perfect opportunity to try out something exotic. Matsu-san."

He placed his fan down on the table, and a long stemmed ornate kiseru beside, obviously intending to use that later.

"A port with access to the fresh bounties of the ocean. A time to try something out of the ordinary. Unexpected. A thrill of discovering something new."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:19 pm 

"I tend to be a bit more cautious when I eat, if you are looking for something a bit more adventurous I believe they might serve San-nakji here Kitsu-sama." He'd seen the dish served here at least. "I don't know if I'd recommend it, but it's adventurous if nothing else."

The tea arrived and a cup was poured for each of them before the waitress departed. "If you are looking for something a bit more foreign though, you can find exactly that over at the Mantis quay. There is a place other there called Corry and Koffee. Supposedly it's southern cuisine at it's finest."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 pm 

"The army diet even when not in the army, Matsu-san? I suppose it will do for today, but tomorrow I may search out these places you speak of and recommend so enthusiastically."

He took up the tea cup and savoured the first sip.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:21 pm 

"I think of it more of the taste of home while I can have it. I'll be sailing off in short order, so who knows when I might get a proper meal again." The adventurous things could wait for the adventure.

"I do hope you enjoy them though, I hear they are rather popular." Yasuhiro took his own cup into his hand, taking a small sip to test the temperature.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:20 pm 

"Oh one should always sample the new willingly, then it is not a total surprise when encountered unexpectedly."

He sipped the tea again.

"Is it not Akodo's way to prepare in such a manner?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 am 

"I can't claim to know what Akodo-no-kami would do in the situation ahead of us, though being prepared for anything likely might be one of them." He took a slow sip of his tea. "I'll keep that in mind though, you do have me curious though, mostly about how close the mantis's dishes are to the original."

"Do you think they've copied them exactly? Or would you think they are mere approximations?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:08 pm 

"I would guess that it would very much depend on getting the ingredients. Their islands are sources of many things we consider exotic so perhaps they can make a very good approximation of the original."

He paused.

"Of course a copy is a pale imitation when compared to such originality, but do the Mantis have enough artistic temperament to take what was offered and build on it?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:20 pm 

"I'm on expert on such matters myself." The younger man mused as he took sip of his tea. "Though I can't say I've met many artistic Mantis, which probably says something on its own."

"Of course they could always keep the majority of their artists on their islands."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:22 pm 

Yuki raised a carefully maintained eyebrow at that.

"And do you really think the Mantis have any artists to hide?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 pm 

"I find it unlikely." Yasuhiro replied with a small smile.

"I'm no expert on these things though. Perhaps you would be able to make a mantis artist of note Kitsu-sama?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:31 pm 

"Make an artist, Matsu-san? What do you suggest I do? Find one of the seafarers with a modicum of talent and train him through the courts?"

He laughed lightly.

"Let us leave that kind of thing to the Crane, neh?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:49 pm 

Yasuhiro chuckled lightly. "Probably for the best, such a thing would likely take a life time of effort after all." He's adorable when he laughs~ His grandmother chimed in, though the Lion tried to ignore it. If I were alive I'd find someplace private and push him down.

"You said you were recently from the Kitsu Tombs? Could I ask if there is any particular reason you're travelin now?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am 

Another smile, this time the one of someone experienced in the courts of Rokugan. The one that spoke volumes without saying anything at all. You know, that smile.

"Languages, Matsu-san. These mighty ships sail soon and those who have studied the words of the gaijin are in demand."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 pm 

courtier smiles, the young Matsu couldn't say he cared for them, so he tried to ignore it. "Oh?" He raised a eyebrow. "Then you've made a study of Gaijin languages Kitsu-sama?"

It was a bit surprising, but one had to pass the time somehow in the tombs, and from what Yasuhiro knew of them that left little else then study.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 am 

"I had little else to do at the Tombs outside of Winter. All those dusty scrolls, some of them had to be of use I thought."

The smile remained.

"Except Kitsu have relatively little knowledge of the gaijin language. The Asako had plenty though, and our Legions had ready access."

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next