Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Ship Watching (Day -2 Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:11 am 

Anzai did want to see as much of the port city before embarking on the first voyage. He had taken the time to wander the Merenaese district of the wharf, keen to practice the mariner's lingua franca.

He also found himself enjoying a rather exotic snack from a vendoe called, in Merenaese, Pinchito. The seasoning was assertive, bold with the bite of garlic and the marinade on the skewered meat.

He could see the masts of the ships of the fleet in the distance. Walking along the wharf, the young Scorpion took the time to enjoy the view.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Ship Watching (Day -2 Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 am 

Stood among a small group of peasants, Kaiya was easy to pick out from among them with her kimono that could gone better to feeding any one of them for the rest of the year. Instead it was better used holding to her shoulders with an elegance befitting a woman of her stature. Imperial Mon of the Seppun family emblazoned new, Kakita near it with a sword at her hip to seal the promise of her ability. A peasant woman beside her spoke quickly with the workmen to ensure them of their task with occasional glances to the Imperial woman appeared to be motioning with her hands in odd ways. After a few quick moments the two women seemed to be pleased and bowed in unison. Seeing off the two other peasants who hurried away to whatever it was they were bid.

Quickly, the two women seemed to speak amongst themselves with Kaiya's back turned. Largely obscuring Sakia's face with her shoulder as the two short women seemed to speak.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:45 pm 

Anzai was one who noticed things. It was part of his duty. So seeing yet another Imperial Mon, he simply couldn't let it be. Approaching the two women, he observed them, beforw arriving from the periphery.

"Pardon me. I hope I am not intruding. I would like to introduce myself. Shosuro Anzai, I'm one of the Scorpion delegates embarking with the fleet." He bowed respectfully to the two women, paying careful attention to the Seppun.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:01 am 

Both woman turned to him, Kaiya taking the front with Sakia falling into the side as far as stance. However, Kaiya's silence and Sakia's words could easily change who seemed to be directing the conversation.

"Greetings Shosuro Anzai-sama. This is Seppun Kaiya-sama, one of the Imperial Explorers to be undergoing this journey as well," Sakia said and Kaiya bowed respectfully.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama cannot speak and it is my duty to do so for her," she added politely and wit a respectful and Subservient bow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:24 am 

"You do your duty well, this Scorpion thanks you for such dedication." He bowed to the interpreter, before looking to the Seppun. Even wearing his mask, she'd probably easily see his miscolored eye, especially with the stinger painted on the cheek.

"I'm pleased to meet you, especially since we will be on the expedition together. Glad to see how much trust the Empire is putting forth in us, sending along one such as yourself with us." Sincerity intertwined with every word, respect too.

"I was just out strolling along looking at the fleet. They are impressive. I'm sure they meet your expectations?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:38 am 

"They certainly do, Shosuro-sama," Sakia responded for Kaiya. Whom, herself, seemed to not disagree with what the woman said. "Awe-inspiring crafts as they are it is a wonder the planning and care that went into their construction. Something that was certainly not unexpected of the minds that were overseeing the work."

"Though it might be more appropriate to say that it is good to see the Scorpion are the ones putting forward their trust in this endeavor. After all, Seppun Kaiya-sama is one of the first Imperial Explorers. The first, in fact, unless you consider that differently because it was a group of inductees that were first made Imperial Explorers."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:34 am 

"The First then. Quite an honor to be in your company." He grinned, seemingly quite pleased with the information as presented. "I take it you were a student of the naval academy? I apologize for so many questions, but having just arrived, I am very curious."

Anzai wondered if many halted their conversations with this one, or felt they couldn't be as open. Not out of malice, or wanting to find an advantage, but curiosity.

"My Clan sees incresible value in the venture. After all, there are always new things to learn in the horizon."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:30 am 

"Seppun Kaiya-sama has been attending the college since it's foundation here not so long ago. Prior to that she was a student among other Crane at the prestigious Kyuden Nio," Sakia replied succinctly.

"Your Clans acceptance of looking to the new horizon is quite admirable Shoshuro-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:09 am 

"We are a practical people." He emphasized with a nod, looking to Kaiya. So, trained by the Crane. He could see the benefit an Imperial family would draw forth.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you study at Kyuden Nio?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 pm 

"Seppun Kaiya-sama is skilled with the flute, offered a chance to learn a deal of many artistic talents that have offered her a chance for some praise," Sakia responded.

Kaiya glanced to Sakia and indicated her head towards Anzai, speaking in a way even he could follow. As Kaiya returned her attention back to the Scoprion, Sakia spoke, "Shoshuro-sama, Seppun Kaiya-sama has an interest in your own abilities. Perhaps, what it was that offered you the opportunity to be selected by your Daimyo to attend with the Imperial Explorers on this voyage?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 am 

Anzai smiled as he listened. An artist. Quite excellent. "I'll have to hear you play sometime." Then the question. It was expected as such.

"I earned my selection with my performance with the Scorpion delegation the previous winter court. I bring with me a silver tongue, and a fluent knowledge of the Merenaese language." It may sound as a boast, but it was presented without a hint of pride.

He was amazed at how the two communicated, in awe really. It was wondrous to behold.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 am 

It wasn't a language that Kaiya was wholly unfamiliar with, perhaps that was to be expected with the current state of affairs in the Empire. A name for a language that was a little more common than it was in the past. Clearly seen through how she took the whole thing in stride.

"Someone of your ability is sure to be a useful asset on the voyage," Sakia said with a respectful bow of her head.

Glancing off to the side as she corrected herself to catch some strange hand motions the Seppun had made suddenly. They were few and quick with at least one of them seeming to indicate herself, and when they were finished Sakia's brow rose questioningly for a moment and continued unabated, "Perhaps you will have an opportunity to witness Seppun Kaiya-sama perform if it is requested before the voyage Shoshuro-sama."

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]