Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 5 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Dropping by (Day-3 M Koharu's house)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 am 

Otsuka straightened her kimono out as she waited after announcing herself. She hadn't seen Koharu in a few years and it seemed her star was on the rise. Hopefully it hadn't gone to her head.

Carries: Daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

Post subject: Re: Dropping by (Day-3 M Koharu's house)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:35 am 

Rather than call back to invite Otsuka in Koharu quickly got up, smoothed her clothes down and hastened over to the door. Sliding it fully open she flashed her friend a welcoming smile. "Otsuka-san!" She dipped her head, becoming a little flustered as she looked up. "Ohayo gozaimasu." Another quick dip of her head and a shy smile this time. "Ano, welcome to Dragon's Guard City. I will be in your care." Koharu bows low and politely this time, demonstrating great courtesy by holding it there for a few seconds then rising and stepping to the side. "Please, come in, come in."

Inside the large room looked smaller than it actually was due to nearly a third of the space being devoted to canvas storage, shelves of scrolls and a desk with some sculptures and various art supplies. A small round table sat in front of the window, a cushion opposite and offering a great view of the harbour. There was a closed book, like the gaijin had, sitting atop the table there. Aside from this, at the far end of the room, was an alcove with a very pretty picture of what was certainly the Kakita Academy taking pride of place in the room.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:09 am 

Otsuka bowed back, "Thank you for having me."

She entered the room with a scan over all the supplies. "You have been busy. Though I suppose I should have expected that." She chuckled.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:52 pm 

"Never a dull moment, hai." Koharu replies cheerfully in between moving to close the door. Trotting after Otsuka she skirts around her and ducks down beside the table. Giving it a tug she just manages to drag it back more toward the centre of the room, thereby allowing much more room for her guest to sit. "Oisho..."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:56 pm 

Otsuka leans over to help move the table. "You need a tea room and an art storage space. Clearly," she said taking a seat after everything was moved, "You should find a bigger space."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:16 pm 

Koharu chuckled, giving her friend a curious look as she straightened her back. "You've not been here a minute and you're already making demands of me Otsuka-san." Smiling, and shaking her head just a touch, she gently sashays over to a small storage chest beside one of the shelving units. Bending over, she lifts the lid and reaches inside. Taking out a little package, another cushion and something wrapped in a furoshiki she carefully closes the lid and returns to the table cheerfully. "Honestly, the first thing you say after two years is that I need a bigger room? Missed opportunities, and you know I never respond well to being bossed about." Sitting down on the cushion she sets each item on the table. "Even if you are right." Giving a quick wink she nudged the furoshiki forward for Otsuka to inspect. "I'm glad to see you looking so well. Have you been practising your poetry?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 pm 

A little smile. "My apologies," she gave a bow, "It should be you bossing me around, ne Doji-sama?"

"I have been keeping up on it," she looked about, "Not to an extent likely to meet your expectations but my sword studies come first." She glanced at the furoshiki, "A gift? I couldn't trouble you so."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 pm 

"Mou~! You can still call me Koharu. It's only a little promotion." She says, waggling a finger. "We're not suddenly worlds apart."

Koharu sat casually, legs to her side. She looked happy and at peace. Drumming her fingers of her left hand on the table she rests her chin on her right palm. "You've really not changed. It only has some wagashi to share. The household servants will be arriving with tea any moment I'm sure."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:02 pm 

"Hai, hai, Koharu-chan," she smirked as she began opening the bag, "Forgive me for hoping for gifts from pretty girls. It is an ideal too many Kakita students take to heart." She giggled.

"Oh, these are pretty!" she said with pleasant surprise as she opened the box, "Are you making wagashi now?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 pm 

"You've really not changed..." Koharu flashed a quick grin even as she playfully tutted.

Her head tilts a little at the question. "Iie, but I do help make a few things. I'm sure you'll try some in the future."

Straightening up at a sound only she and perhaps her housemate turned Imperial knew, Koharu looked to the door. A moment later and there was a knock. Pushing herself up she stepped over to it. Letting in the servants there was soon green tea, two cups, water and a query if Otsuka wanted anything to eat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 pm 

"I will be fine with tea and these lovely sweets," she answered with a polite bow in response to the offer, "Everything looks very appetizing though." She added glancing at Koharu.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 pm 

"Thank you." She says to the servant woman, not noticing Otsuka's glance. Koharu didn't seem the type to eat much.

Picking up her tea when they were alone again she blew on it gently. "Sorry things aren't tidier. I thought you'd come a little later today, gomen."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm 

"I figured I would check in before going to look for a room to stay in," she said only implying she was wondering if there was a place to stay here. She sipped her tea and waved it off, "It is fine. Chouko-chan was the one that kept things clean as I recall."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 am 

Koharu was about to respond when Otsuka let slip her barbed comment. "H-hey! It might be cluttered, but it is clean!" Offended, she set down her cup without taking a sip.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 am 

"Gomen! I suppose I meant it more as the difference between tidy and clean. My apologies," she offered a low bow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:09 am 

Somewhat mollified, Koharu's shoulders eased down though she still looked a bit hurt by the careless comment. Her eyes were glancing around the room now and she was berating herself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:21 am 

"Here let your stupid kohai tidy up," she said standing up, "It is my fault you are all stirred up about it." Otsuka moved over to start straightening things up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 am 

"Ah, n-no! It's okay!" Koharu flapped her arms and hopped up, quickly moving over to Otsuka and trying to pull the white cloth back over one of the paintings. "You're my guest. H-have your tea." She stutters, making a fuss over getting the cloth back on straight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:40 am 

"Well, alright. If you say so," she said giving a look at the attention being focused on the painting, "Some new project on the go?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:45 am 

"S-something like that, ha-hai." Ushering Otsuka away and back to the table she took her seat, fidgeting a moment and then eyeing Otsuka. "I bet you're still a lightweight with sake too." She shook her head. "Anyway, you can probably ask for a room here. I can introduce you to the owner. However, first this." She says, nudging the bundle forward. "A gift to welcome you to the Explorers."

Page 1 of 5 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next